Old 02-24-2020, 09:29 PM   #52
GolNat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26054

My Ride:
2013 GTI 6MT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Nice part selection! Interested in hearing how you like the suspension. I had an ST rear swaybar before.
Thanks. I am curious how it will compare to my KW's I had on my Civic. I'm planning on installing them soon.

New clutch is installed. First time doing a clutch install and it was a pain the ass. The most difficult part was getting the transmission back on. Everything else was pretty straight forward. I tagged and bagged parts and hardware as it was removed so that I did not loose anything. Had a really hard time getting the transmission back onto the engine until a golfmk6 forum member offered some suggestions. I also drained the MTF and replaced it with new VW MTF. Attempted to put on a SS clutch line but it kept leaking while I was trying to bleed the system so I put the OEM one back on.

HF engine brace did a great job:

Cleaned the bell housing out. No oil but had clutch dust I'm guessing.

Installed an upgraded rear main seal while I was there. This billet aluminum piece is really nice.

New DMFW, disk and PP installed and lined up.

A cool tip someone on the forum suggested. Worked great for keeping track of the different sized transmission bolts.

Took it for a short 3 mile test drive and everything feels great. Pedal effort is increased by about 30% but engagement is nice and smooth and there is no chatter. If it wasn't for the increased pedal effort I would have not known it was upgraded. I will do a 500 mile in period before running it hard.

Coilovers are next on the list. I'm thinking in a week or so depending on work.
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote