Old 01-12-2020, 05:29 PM   #47
GolNat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26054

My Ride:
2013 GTI 6MT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinaround View Post
How do you like the unitronic software? Is it like cobb where you buy their little jawn and the tunes are free?
I’m loving the Uni software. I have no previous software experience to compare too but I really love how the power kinda just smacks you in the face. You have to buy a dongle thing to plug into the car and a laptop (has to be PC). The dongle is $150 and you pay separate for the tunes. The tunes are loaded onto their server under your account so when you log into UniConnect it goes online to their server to get your paid tunes. I can flash back to any stage before Stage 2 if I want. My stage 2 flash took about 8 min and I was all set. As far as off the shelf tunes go it is very solid. I went with them because they have been tuning VW/Audi’s for a while and I could do it at home. The closest APR dealer is an hr away.

Cobb is nice because of the interface which allows you to see live data and you can flash back to different stages more easily. Stratisfied offers custom tunes that you can buy from them and use the Cobb AccessPort to download to the car.

Integrated Engineering is another tune at home option that people on the forum are really enjoying. It’s a more linear onset of power apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
I had those mats in my mk6 gti. They're like gold they work so well!

Now have them for the R but i miss the red lettering of the GTI ones
Man when I first saw them in a car I was like those are ugly but now that I have them I am really enjoying them. The black mats look awesome but they sure do get dirty quick. Lol the red lettering is a nice touch. Something I didn’t think I would enjoy as much as I am is the silly aluminum seat lever inlays I put in. Every time I get in the car I admire them

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Very nice update!

Been considering Uni or APR for the longest of time. I like being able to flash at home with Uni but APR has a lot more availability.

decisions decisions.

The downpipe looks like an easy enough install on your car. I did the one on my old STI and it took awhile to get to...maybe it's easier on the Golf?
Thanks. Yes APR has more options and you can change programs by using be MFD in the cluster which is a nice feature. I don’t ever need to change tunes as I always have 93 octane available and I’m the only one who drives the car. You can add launch control and no lift shift with APR as well. I have launch control with my Stage 2 but need a clutch before I try that.

It really was pretty easy. The most pain in the ass part is getting to the top bolts on the OE downpipe and if you have rusted bolts/nuts that don't want to come off. I would say someone could knock it out in 4 hours. If you have an aftermarket intake that saves some time too. I used a combo of install instructions from CTS, Integrated Engineering and Unitronic.

I have seen the inside of my brothers WRX engine bay and don't want any parts of that lol.

Last edited by GolNat; 01-12-2020 at 05:35 PM.
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote