View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #650
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

The touring is home safe and I've had a chance to really see what I'm dealing with. She has a great foundation but was owned by a caveman before Brian's ownership (the gent I purchased the car from).

The car is a rust free example from North Carolina, and the panels all have a matching shade of metallic green on them. The car has had a decent bit of recent maintenance including, but not limited to:

* New V-rated tires with less than 10,000 miles on them
* New clutch put in about 20,000 miles ago
* Clutch pedal rebuilt, plus new master cylinder, slave cylinder done about 3,000 miles ago
* New Front strut inserts done about 20,000 miles ago
* New refurbished A/C compressor, blower motor resistor, and blower motor
* Front brakes and rotors replaced under 10,000 miles ago
* new valve cover gaskets
* new water pump, thermostat, upper radiator hose, secondary water pump

While she sounds like a winner, she's not. The interior is awful. Every interior piece is broken, faded, peeling, incorrect, torn, non-functioning, or missing. Also, the shift arm is made from aluminum stock with an exhaust u bolt holding the shifter cup in place. It's an atrocity. That arm, of course, is NLA.

The car is still leaking coolant unfortunately, and the vacuum system was compromised at some point. The tie rod assembly (left right and center) needs to be replaced, and the rear SLS needs to be addressed. Also, the rear bumper is destroyed.

I also got M Parallel Wheels with the car, although the new tires listed above were for the stock 15" wheels. The Style 37s need tires.

Honestly, a solid weekend of wrenching, a rear bumper and a PDR guy and this thing will be pretty nice.

Picking her up:

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

This is how bad the paint looked:

A little better:

Aaaaaand all shiny!

Check this junk out:

blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote