View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #160
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Yeah, it works good for what it is and the stupid setup that you're essentially forced to run. It has a head spacer on it, which is fine, IMO, to drop the static CR from 10.85:1 to 8.5:1. The stupid part of the setup is the fueling/tuning. It has little dinky 550cc injectors running at 800% duty cycle. Now, the tune is absolutely incredible but it's so dumb that you have to stick with a MAF rather than speed density. You really can't do speed density unless you do a standalone ECU. It has an aftermarket in-tank fuel pump currently, but it starts to run out of fuel around from 16-20lbs depending on conditions.

So, yesterday my brother started pulling things apart already haha and is swapping on a return-style fuel rail from an 04 R32 and probably putting an inline pump in. With the new fuel setup it'll have no problem running 23-25lbs of boost, but the injectors will obviously be out of fuel. Again, it's sucks and is so dumb that you're stuck to certain injector size tunes. So, there's a few guys that will run this setup and bandaid it with meth to run 23-25lbs of boost temporarily. The proper way to do it is to go to the next step up in injector size tune, but that requires swapping over to a ProMAF, new injectors, and new tune, which ends up costing a significant amount of money. And then regardless of your tune and fuel setup, you're on borrowed time with the rods and pistons above 20lbs.

EDIT: Oh, and, that's an authentic 1906 Stanley behind the R32 that my neighbor owns. It's his "race car" steamer, as it has his own in-house custom boiler and engine setup. I should probably make a thread about all of the wild **** my eccentric steamer-guru neighbor has going on. More on that another time.

Last edited by mckpat03; 05-13-2019 at 08:28 AM.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote