View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

Send a message via AIM to screamingdsm
I know dsm evo trans well since Ive been breaking and building them all too often..which is why I went auto in my race car.

Your clutch not fully disengaging from the looks of the video. I would make sure your master cylinder or slave cylinder are in good shape. The grinding sound is it not engaging the gear, which usually doing that DESTROYS the engagement teeth on the hub, and wears the hub severely. If the clutch was not disengaging right, the trans will continue to work until the syncros wear down to the point they cant do there job anymore, then when trying to go into gear it will not slow the gear down so the hub/slider can engage the dogs on the gear.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR ANYMORE, OR TRY TO PUT IT INTO GEAR. ITS ONLY MAKING IT WORSE!

You could of lost a shift fork pin, bent a shift for or a shift rail. It could also be a hub slider failed, or worn out also.

Typically when you bend a shift rail it will make it hard to go into gears...if you loose a pin in the fork the fork will not fully move and engage the gear. If your hearing sounds, it could be very well that you lost/broke a shift fork roll pin, and broke/ bent a shift fork.

In all reality you gotta get the trans apart....changing the fluid isnt going to do anything but maybe show you some gold glitter which is syncro wear but not anything abnormal. But im sure the fluid will be GOLD at the point your trans is.

At this point its time for a full rebuild.

Last edited by screamingdsm; 01-16-2011 at 10:43 PM.
screamingdsm is offline   Reply With Quote