Thread: Dave's ZL1
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #19
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Got to drive the car more this past weekend to extend the mileage to 472 miles. It's now ready for the first oil change and eLSD oil change. Expectation is quite a bit of metal flakes in the rear differential as it breaks in. I'd like to do the changes myself since they're relatively easy to do, but the first two changes are free from Chevy and having a service history might not be a bad idea with how the SS turned out.

I got some knick knacks for the ZL1 and did a detail day on the car using Adam's wash/detailer/wax on the exterior and invisible glass on the windows. The wheels take forever on this car to clean since there are so many spokes. The exhaust tips cleaned right off at this low mileage.

Door striker covers are back on

Adam's foam cannon works well:

After the wax:

Pictures didn't capture how wet the car looked after this wax, but the reflections are really nice. GM uses good quality paint processes on this car.

Next time I will be clay-barring the car and applying ceramic coat. I just wanted to get something on there in a few hours over the weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 07-09-2018 at 10:49 AM.
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote