View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Driven
Tri-State Addict

Member #336

Send a message via AIM to Driven
6.663 at 196 mph - 4G63 Dragster!

We had another great weekend with the dragster at Etown. First run off the trailer was a 6.76 at 197 into a stiff head wind, which was an improvement over our previous best of 6.77. This put us in the #2 qualifying spot after one session. The second session was Saturday and we decided to sit out because first round was supposed to be run shortly after. After this session, only one car passed us to go to number 1 so we ended up qualified 3rd out of 38 cars. Some rain rolled in and they canceled racing for the rest of the day, first round to be held Sunday morning. Overnight, some really good air rolled in behind the rain so we were set for some good numbers.

First round the car launched hard, got into a bit of tire shake but I was able to drive through it, then I passed my opponent very early so I lifted before the 1/8th mile. I end up coasting through in 7.45 at 131. My opponent short shifted 2nd gear by accident which made his car blow through the clutch, so he lifted early. I can't help to think back to when I was jumping for joy at a high 7 second pass, and now I'm running sub 7.50's lifting before the 1/8th mile.

Second round the car left hard and carried the front end far. I didn't feel any shake and I could tell it was on a good pass. I end up coming up on the guy hard around 1000ft so I grab the chute handle and hit the brakes to try to scrub some ET and not hurt my index. The chute didn't deploy and I was standing on the brakes to get the thing stopped in time. I find out my time, it was 6.663 at 196... ON THE BRAKES. The car was up 5 MPH at the 1/8th mile than ever before (167mph at the 1/8th), including the previous 200mph pass. So I won the round but put a serious hurt on my index, which is now down .13 from the start of the day.

Third round, my opponent knew he needed to push the tree to run with me and he pushed it too hard, he went -.013 red. I ran the car out to about the 330 ft and lifted coasting through in 7.69 at 122 MPH for another win.

Now we're going into the semi finals. I got the reaction time advantage (.029 to his .084) but the car shook HARD about 40 ft out. It ended up short shifting which calmed the shake right down but pulled the motor down too far. I was chasing him down but just ran out of real estate. I ended up running a 6.83 at 200.11 MPH. At least I broke 200 MPH again.

It was a great weekend overall, the car performed great and NHRA gave us a great track to race on.

Our new Manley pistons and valves are working phenomenal, I couldn't ask for better parts. I'm so glad we made that switch.

I have to thank the companies that help us with this car, without their awesome products and services, we could not do this. Extreme PSI, AEM, BorgWarner, Manley Performance, Kiggly Racing, Fuel Injector Clinic, Erbified Motorsports, DV/DT Fab and SparkTech.

Here's a video of the 6.663 pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY2N8mjHdvs

I have some more on-board video and more out of car video that I need to go through yet. I just wanted to get the 6.663 pass online.

Here are some pictures from our pit on Sunday morning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Driven is offline   Reply With Quote