View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 10:51 AM   #13
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Finally got my winter wheel tire set-up worked out. Wheels are XXR 560 18 x 8.5 with a 20 offset. They are pretty aggressive in the stinger world as the car does not have alot of room for tire in the front. 18s definitely look small on this car.

Now I am considering a summer/better looking wheel set-up. Probably in the 20x9, 9.5 range with a 275 wide tire. The stinger community has done an alright job making power out of these things, 500 ftlb of torque is pretty normal, but not alot of work to make them handle. To be expected with a 4000lb grand tourer, but i like wide tires. A 9.5" wheel in the front would be wider than vast majority people with aftermarket wheels.

That being said I'm considering making my own camber plates for the stock struts. Part of the reason you can't fit wide stups in the front is it hits the strut on the inboard side. Camber plates would provide increase clearance and some much need camber.

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote