View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 01:19 AM   #679
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
Great looking cars in this thread. I have enjoyed reading about them!!
Thanks, man!

Some pretty fun developments regarding Linda and another new vehicle took place this evening.

I brought home my good buddy Vic's 3L Stroker '87 325i that was built by Zionsville Autosport here in Indy. He is moving on from E30s, and wanted to see the car's legacy be fulfilled, to some capacity. With the car came a 731 head fully worked by the voodoo M20 man himself, Rama.

The 3L will be coming out of black betty, getting the 731 cylinder head with a phat cam and then going in Linda. Linda's fresh M20 powerplant will be going in black betty.

My first focus is to get black betty up and going and sold to fund the rest of the fun.

It'll be hard work, but ultimately this will bring the iS to exactly where I've always wanted it to be.

The stroker is Dwights configuration of an M54b30 rotating assembly with shaved pistons, using a special detonation resistant coating. The car runs extremely strong right now, I was shocked. This configuration unfortunately means that the pistons have no valve reliefs. Thus, the hardest part of this whole thing will be figuring out what to do to make room for the larger valve clearances required for running a bigger cam. I have a spare 200 head I can use to chuck a drill onto a valve with sandpaper through the 200 head to get the correct angle and cut reliefs after measuring, but that doesn't sound too appealing, so I am leaning towards just getting some 85mm flat top pistons with reliefs, opening up the bore to 85mm and going that route instead.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote