View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 06:59 PM   #672
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Bought a cheap Group-N trans mount some guy bought and didn't use for the Forester......WOW what a difference. Motor mounts are next after feeling the difference just the trans mount made.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

Also, the road and wind noise saga has brought me to a point of delirium and frustration. The cabin noise is so bad. I estimate 70-80db at highway speeds. It's to the point where my sound system loses all clarity at highway speeds trying to keep up with the noise.

It turns out Forester window gussets are the issue on frameless Subaru windows. Subaru also doesn't use any sound deadening on the doors, which I will be addressing.

I just used a c clamp and compressed the gusset between two pieces of wood, effectively hugging the window quite a bit more. The noise went down SIGNIFICANTLY. My drivers side gusset is torn (never noticed) so I will be replacing the gussets when I do the RAAMmat on the doors. For now, this small fix was night and day.

I don't need this thing to be Bimmer 7 Series quiet but anything is better than how it has been.

Last edited by blue91lx; 06-29-2019 at 10:05 PM.
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote