Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #557
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Ok so things haven't been moving along quite as swiftly as I had hoped, but such is life.
I'm headed over there tonight to hopefully make some solid progress. Fred is meeting me over there to finish the injector wiring which will let me install the intake manifold and finish things up as far as the engine goes.
Here's my little guide on how things have to go back together on the intake mani...

Throttle body has also been cleaned up and the traction control flapper has been deleted

Stock injector clips with wiring color code guide for new injectors...

Injectors and pigtails in place, prepped to be wired into the harness

On the engine bay side of things, well... I broke my ABS unit because I took out a few too many screws and the damn thing split in half on me, revealing an electric motor inside which had carbon pads, springs, and wires that all unloaded on me, never to be reassembled again. After a day or so of debating whether to take that as a sign to just ditch my ABS, I decided to play it safe and get another ABS unit and continue on. I now have the replacement ABS unit and can continue to move forward.

old ABS unit apart... woops. see the 4 carbon pads pointed toward the center? they were springloaded and wouldnt stay in place at all, springs were removed for this photo

I plan to paint the ABS unit and the brake booster black tonight so they both have clean finishes to mask their currently worn and beaten looking appearance. Once they are dry I can install both of them along with the master cylinder and the brake lines in the engine bay. I can also reinstall the clutch master cylinder as well.
Its also time to put the AC lines back in the engine bay as well as the AC condenser and start figuring out that maze of lines and brackets. Of course this will not all get done tonight, but hopefully some of it will.
The other project lined up right now is to install the fuel pump hanger back into the fuel tank, and install the fuel tank back into the car. This requires a few lines to be ran to/from the tank as well, but will be a good thing to get out of the way.

I pretty much just listed everything that has to happen before the engine goes back in... really hoping to start banging this stuff out and make some noticeable progress. I've learned by now though that when things finally start to come together, its all the little things that'll slow the progress down. I'm doing what I can here though...

Also bought this today... its a replica of the Boost Logic 4" Downpipe / Midpipe. From what I've read it may need to be modded slightly to fit, but it costs about $300 compared to $900 for the Boost Logic unit... so I'm ok with that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 10-06-2008 at 06:12 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote