TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gallery (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2000 Buick Regal Twincharged setup is complete and ran 12.693 @ 109.09 (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67648)

GeforceXtreme 11-11-2008 12:59 PM

2000 Buick Regal Twincharged setup is complete and ran 12.693 @ 109.09
 
A friend of mine that owns a 2000 Buick Regal GS like mine just finished his twin charged setup. Both of us had similar SC setups however he was on a stock cam and transmission. His best time to date was 13.06@106.30. Anyway he pretty much maxed out his setup without cracking open the motor. So instead of doing that he decided to drop a Stattama T72 Turbo onto his SC setup. He is still tuning the car but he said its heck quick even at half throttle now. I am becoming more and more tempted to go turbo its not funny. I am not sure if I stick with a twin charged setup because I could part out my SC parts to fund a turbo upgrade. All I know is with this twin charged setup there is a chance he will be able to break into the low 11's possible 10's if his trans holds up.

The setup:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...winCharged.jpg

His Car:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...BtownHouse.jpg

frosti108 11-11-2008 01:03 PM

seems like the turbo would be a restriction on the S/c at low rpms, and the S/c would be a restriction on the turbo at high rpms?

or does it really work good? def looks cool.

james_ls 11-11-2008 01:03 PM

I like those wheels a lot.

Any numbers (HP or time) with the twin setup?

Buster 11-11-2008 01:05 PM

Thats one super polished turbo!

SpEcRv9 11-11-2008 01:05 PM

man id never expect it commin outta that car! pretty sweet

frosti108 11-11-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1124643)
Thats one super polished turbo!

it looks chromed

GeforceXtreme 11-11-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frosti108 (Post 1124639)
seems like the turbo would be a restriction on the S/c at low rpms, and the S/c would be a restriction on the turbo at high rpms?

or does it really work good? def looks cool.

Yeah i get confused when it comes to that stuff. Most people tend to just turbocharge these motors instead of doing a twin charged setup. However its supposed to be that the SC boosts before the turbo spools up so there is no lag time. Alot of guys said that the SC would be a restriction for the turbo. However It must work somehow because the faster 1/4 time with this setup I think is a 10.8

GeforceXtreme 11-11-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frosti108 (Post 1124646)
it looks chromed

I think those turbos come chromed like that? The company he bought that turbo setup from sells the setups like that.

GeforceXtreme 11-11-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 (Post 1124644)
man id never expect it commin outta that car! pretty sweet

Just consider that these cars are the grandchildren of the older Buick Regal Grand National. Same 3.8 block just FWD. I guess you could call this the poor mans GN lol. I love to own a real GN but $$$$$$.

SpEcRv9 11-11-2008 01:20 PM

^yeah but a GN is like oh **** thats a GN im not ****in with it, this car is a sleeper all around....if i had a fast enough car to race people(lol) and pulled up next to that thing id be like whos this dude tryin to race me in his buick?....and then proceed to get blown out of the water...

not bad at all for FWD either.

and for everyone else thats just how turbonetics turbos come.

frosti108 11-11-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceXtreme (Post 1124655)
Yeah i get confused when it comes to that stuff. Most people tend to just turbocharge these motors instead of doing a twin charged setup. However its supposed to be that the SC boosts before the turbo spools up so there is no lag time. Alot of guys said that the SC would be a restriction for the turbo. However It must work somehow because the faster 1/4 time with this setup I think is a 10.8

i guess the supercharger could be pulling air through the turbo at 1st, and then the turbo is forcing air through the s/c.... i wonder how much boost each is making. also id love to know what in the hell hes doing about waste gates LOL

and i guess hes just using the blow off valve built into the supercharger?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 (Post 1124665)
^yeah but a GN is like oh **** thats a GN im not ****in with it, this car is a sleeper all around....if i had a fast enough car to race people(lol) and pulled up next to that thing id be like whos this dude tryin to race me in his buick?....and then proceed to get blown out of the water...

not bad at all for FWD either.

and for everyone else thats just how turbonetics turbos come.

yea i wouldnt be afraid of this car at the light. and then i would be embarrassed when i get smoked lol

frosti108 11-11-2008 01:31 PM

is it just me, or is he getting crazy ass compressor surge? i just realized the throttle body is between the charger and the turbo, and theres no blow off on that u-pipe... id like to see the vac/boost reading on that pipe between the turbo and throttle body, as well as one in the s/c housing, and then one reading down below :)

would be interesting for sure.

just too much going on with this setup :lol:

OBEEWON 11-11-2008 01:42 PM

Man, if only these were FR.

GeforceXtreme 11-11-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBEEWON (Post 1124697)
Man, if only these were FR.

Whats FR?

jb1830 11-11-2008 02:35 PM

FR= Front Engine, Rear wheel drive.

What I've read about this kind of twincharge set up is that the blower eliminates lag in the low end and the turbo reduces the workload on the SC allowing you to get the high end power.

GeforceXtreme 11-11-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb1830 (Post 1124807)
FR= Front Engine, Rear wheel drive.

What I've read about this kind of twincharge set up is that the blower eliminates lag in the low end and the turbo reduces the workload on the SC allowing you to get the high end power.

Yeah RWD would make it all the better. AWD would be sweet also. It also be great to have a stick option but I guess you just learn to deal with it.

lawdogg 11-11-2008 02:44 PM

Is he just gonna wait to pop his engine before building it?

SovXietday 11-11-2008 02:45 PM

Oh god, he can't be serious with that setup. No intercooler?

Man good luck warding off det with that, not only are you going to be creating stupid amounts of heat with both the supercharger and the turbo, he is trying to force superheated compressed air past the supercharger screws which are going to further heat his air. I wouldn't be surprised to see 300+ IATs on that engine...

Stillen GLE 11-11-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb1830 (Post 1124807)
FR= Front Engine, Rear wheel drive.

What I've read about this kind of twincharge set up is that the blower eliminates lag in the low end and the turbo reduces the workload on the SC allowing you to get the high end power.

LOL gran turismo terms.

jb1830 11-11-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SovXietday (Post 1124828)
Oh god, he can't be serious with that setup. No intercooler?

I noticed that after I posted...Was trying to figure out where the piping went but couldn't see anything.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.