TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ***Official Military Thread*** (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111936)

tjmhillz 03-12-2011 01:35 AM

***Official Military Thread***

Post up your experience, concerns, 2cents, and what ever else military.Ill Start...

I joined the Army in 2004. I did basic training @ Ft Jackson. ( nothing relaxing about that lol). I went to Ft Leonardwood(lost in the woods) for ait. Ive been to 2 countries Belize and Dominican Republic on Humanitary Missions. I also did a tour in Iraq was at Camp Liberty and Taji. In the United States i have been to Wisconsin( Ft McCoy), Georgia (Ft Benning) South Carolina (Ft Jackson) Missouri (Ft Leonardwood). I had some good times in the military. I have been thinking alot lately about going back in the Army.

300zx_tt 03-12-2011 02:02 AM

respect man, thanks for serving

DC2.2GSR 03-12-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjmhillz (Post 1938365)
Post up your experience, concerns, 2cents, and what ever else military.Ill Start...

I joined the Army in 2004. I did basic training @ Ft Jackson. ( nothing relaxing about that lol). I went to Ft Leonardwood(lost in the woods) for ait. Ive been to 2 countries Belize and Dominican Republic on Humanitary Missions. I also did a tour in Iraq was at Camp Liberty and Taji. In the United States i have been to Wisconsin( Ft McCoy), Georgia (Ft Benning) South Carolina (Ft Jackson) Missouri (Ft Leonardwood). I had some good times in the military. I have been thinking alot lately about going back in the Army.

ahh, good ol' Ft. McCoy. I lived 10 minutes from there for two years. I went skiing on base all winter -- even worked as a lift guy and sharpened skis in the small tune shop. I've been all over that base, it's a pretty interesting place for sure. Glad I'm back here though, that whole state sucks ass. lol

As I'm sure there will be many current and former soldiers posting in this thread, I'll add my preemptive "Thank you" for all of you guys (and girls) who managed to gather up the testicular fortitude to join and serve. I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone who straps on a vest and picks up a rifle so that I never have to pick up mine in aggression here at home.

fitftw 03-12-2011 02:52 AM

does the navy count? Served 4 years on a base in Jacksonville FL

Forc3 F3d 03-12-2011 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjmhillz (Post 1938365)
I have been thinking alot lately about going back in the Army.

Do it now if you really want. It'll be hard though. Were so overs strength right now. Trying to cut out 50,000 troops by feb 2012.

Were you an engineer or MP?

I joined march 2010... Benning for basic, Gordon for ait, back to benning to jump out of planes and then currently stationed in Hawaii living the dream.

armyguy6566 03-12-2011 07:22 AM

Joined the NJNG in March 2004. Basic at Ft. Benning, GA. AIT at Ft. Gordon, GA and then Ft. Lee, VA. Deployed to Balad, Iraq September 2005 to june 2007. Just got transfered to IRR last month. Now over here as a civilian contractor, first at Taji now Al Asad.

BlackCobalt707 03-12-2011 06:04 PM

well...name is antonio hasty, joined the AF dec 5, 2006, im a SrA, workin on my 2nd deployment to Qatar, stationed on Dover, AFB and its my first duty station, im also a C5 mechanic

tjmhillz 03-12-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR (Post 1938379)
ahh, good ol' Ft. McCoy. I lived 10 minutes from there for two years. I went skiing on base all winter -- even worked as a lift guy and sharpened skis in the small tune shop. I've been all over that base, it's a pretty interesting place for sure. Glad I'm back here though, that whole state sucks ass. lol

As I'm sure there will be many current and former soldiers posting in this thread, I'll add my preemptive "Thank you" for all of you guys (and girls) who managed to gather up the testicular fortitude to join and serve. I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone who straps on a vest and picks up a rifle so that I never have to pick up mine in aggression here at home.

Yea i agree Wisconsin does suck.. Its nothing on the base to do and that base is in the middle of nowhere!! We had to drive like 2hrs to have a good time. I was soooo happy to get out of that place haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forc3 F3d (Post 1938401)
Do it now if you really want. It'll be hard though. Were so overs strength right now. Trying to cut out 50,000 troops by feb 2012.

Were you an engineer or MP?

I joined march 2010... Benning for basic, Gordon for ait, back to benning to jump out of planes and then currently stationed in Hawaii living the dream.

Engineers lead the way hooah lmao.. Yea im an engineer the funny thing is a recruiter contacted me a few days ago and we talked. Im just trying to lose about 10more lbs and i should be good to go. I wanna be back in shape and ready before I join back in. Living the civilian life drinking and eating whatever has caught up to me lmao.

Vtecepidemic 03-13-2011 04:24 AM

Whats up everyone... Vought here, joined the Airforce june 09' didnt leave till jan 5th 10'. Got slotted as an F16 crew chief & got (un)lucky enough to get osan korea as my first base. Been here for 6 months. another 6 to go, then ill be home for a month till i move/stationed at Shaw, AFB in South Carolina. Where my younger brother is currently stationed in the AF as well as F16's egress.

glad to see some other mechanics on here..... and service members in general

Silverfc88 03-13-2011 05:50 AM

Joined the Air Force November 97 and they put me in Civil Engineering. My original job was Utilities Systems and we just combined with Liquid Fuels Systems. The new combined career field is WFSM (Water Fuels Systems Maintenance). I've been in CE for some time now and I love it. Spent 2 years at my first base Yokota AB, Japan, then 2 years at Cannon AFB, NM, then 6 at Mcguire AFB, NJ and now I'm at Einsiedlerhof AS, Germany (near Ramstein).

Deployed with Red Horse to build a Kspan and PEB in Pusan Korea, Deployed to Prince Sultan AB Saudi Arabia, Ali Al Salem AB Kuwait, Manas AB Kyrgyzstan, Balad AB Iraq, New Orleans for Huricanne Katrina relief, Kirkuk AB Iraq. I was thinking they where going to send me to Kabul this summer, but someone from Ellsworth took the slot. So now they are going to send me to Al Dhafra, UAE instead. :/

Sgt Tunez 03-14-2011 12:07 PM

Joined the Marines when I was 17, same day I graduated high school. Been in for six years now. I was stationed in Cherry Point, NC for four years. I've been to Germany, Ireland, Romania, Iceland, Kuwait, and Iraq. Did two tours to Al Anbar, Iraq. Now I'm stationed at Willow Grove, transferring to Fort Dix in NJ next week actually. Originally from Philly so it's good to be stationed near home.

tjmhillz 03-14-2011 10:37 PM

im not that far from Ft Dix.. I havent been to that base in forever haha.

Sgt Tunez 03-15-2011 01:44 PM

I live in NE Philly, so I'm going to have about an hour drive to Ft Dix every day.

sleeper15 03-15-2011 01:47 PM

FC2(SW/AW)

i served in the Navy from 2001-2009.

Was on the USS John C Stennis from 2003-2008. 2 deployments, 2004 and 2007. then, was stationed in japan for 1.5 years to finish off my time.

jpalamar 03-15-2011 01:54 PM

11C here. Got a med discharge for a knee issue though.

Silverfc88 04-08-2011 01:17 PM

Just checked out my LES and I'm so happy to be paid like an E1 again. SO AWESOME!!!!

:bs::bs::bs::bs:

I would hate to see the pay for the E1 and E2 guys.

I hope you guys in supervisory roles keep an eye on your troops. I know when I first came in I was on the ragged edge with money.

tjmhillz 04-08-2011 07:51 PM

Im still shocked about this! I know the moral is going to be very very low until this gets fixed. The E1-E2 are probably getting paid with coupons.....

CrispedPenny 04-08-2011 07:55 PM

ET2(SW/AW)

USS George Washington 06-10 Norfolk VA, + Yokosuka, Japan
Naval Recruiting District Pittsburgh 10-13

Vtecepidemic 04-09-2011 12:24 AM

this pay issue is bull****. im just an e3. i dont know what im gonna be getting paid on the 15th but i swear if these ****ing politicians are still making 6 figures through this crap im gonna go postal. theres too many ppl making way too much money & making no sacrifices for their country.

JankyS13 04-09-2011 01:25 AM

Couldn't join over medical. even tho was born and raised army brat. Kinda pissed me off but it's what ever. Glad to see and support those who can serve.

West Point ny "born there"
Giessen Germany
Ft Hood TX
Ft Bragg NC
Ft Totten NY
Ft Lee VA
Ft Carson Co
Hannah Germany