TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sonic OC friendly? (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97725)

Drftpretty 04-21-2010 07:32 PM

Sonic OC friendly?

Just thought I would make a thread seeing as I was at a Jeep meet last year that sorta got out of hand when the cops were called for a forum member who decided to OC instead of CC.

I'l be CCing but just wanted to pose the question since if it doesnt rain I'm sure there will be a huge turnout.

Anyone know?

russiankid 04-21-2010 07:35 PM

What is OC and CC?

TROLL 04-21-2010 07:38 PM

open carry and concealed carry... why would you even ask though? this is an event for a charity benefiting children, please don't do anything that would even remotely risk causing a problem.

c0nfl1kt 04-21-2010 07:42 PM

Can you even open carry in Pennsylvania?

Xavier 04-21-2010 07:51 PM

Yes, Open Carry is perfectly legal in Pennsylvania. And I see no reason why Sonic would have a problem, especially since you can't even go "inside" Sonic.

ASIAN JUL 04-21-2010 07:55 PM

No reason for you to not be able to CC if you have your LTCF. As for OC, even though it's perfectly legal, you know there would be some retards who would cause a big stink over it.

cmr076 04-21-2010 08:10 PM

just CC if your gonna carry... no need to draw attention.

wasnt aimed at your aaron, just saying in general... it is for charity, no need for anyone to turn it into anything political etc. etc.

Drftpretty 04-21-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLL (Post 1709367)
open carry and concealed carry... why would you even ask though? this is an event for a charity benefiting children, please don't do anything that would even remotely risk causing a problem.

What do you possibly think I would do to cause a problem. I was asking purposely so there would be no problem at your benefit event. Like I stated, I was at a meet last year when someone did OC and it did cause a scene. I also stated that I was going to CC.

But thanks for the reminder not to do anything that would cause a problem.

Again: I do not OC, I was just looking to bring it to anyones attention if they did plan to OC. It sorta ruined the Jeep meet I was at when someone did decide to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmr076 (Post 1709397)
just CC if your gonna carry... no need to draw attention.

wasnt aimed at your aaron, just saying in general... it is for charity, no need for anyone to turn it into anything political etc. etc.

I hear ya Dave, just looking to save the meet from a moron (none of them on TST lol) who could quickly kill the mood at the meet. Don't really appriciate the reminder not to do anything stupid though.

DC2.2GSR 04-21-2010 09:01 PM

'please.. think of the children.' lol. wow, seriously? just because people OC it doesn't mean it's for a political reason or that they're trying to make some kind of point. that's just the way a lot of people chose to carry. why would anyone hint that an OCer carrying openly to a car meet would be a moron? for an OCer, he/she OCs EVERYWHERE. why would you change the style of carry at a free gathering in a parking lot?

whether or not i OC or CC to this meet will be based solely on what mood i'm in when i wake up and get dressed. either way i will have my gun, and i guarantee there will be plenty more there as well. three coming in my car for sure. what difference does it make whether they're OCed or CCed?

instead of trying to make OCers feel guilty about carrying openly we should start a thread informing everyone that it's perfectly legal and safe for people to OC... and no one will create a problem. if something negative were to come from a gun being openly carried (at a car meet for kids or otherwise), it is completely the fault of the idiot who makes it an issue, not the fault of the OCer.

edit* - not to mention... even if Sonic (as a private land owner) had a problem with OC and someone was asked to leave, why would that in any way/shape/form affect the goings on of a car meet in the parking lot and surrounding area? for all Sonic knows, the individual could be completely unaffiliated with the car meet group. they are open to the public after all. what would someone think if a group of people OCing come for a burger at the same time as the meet? surely no one could expect them to change what they're doing just because we have a meet out in the lot.

cmr076 04-21-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR (Post 1709454)
'please.. think of the children.' lol. wow, seriously? just because people OC it doesn't mean it's for a political reason or that they're trying to make some kind of point. that's just the way a lot of people chose to carry. why would anyone hint that an OCer carrying openly to a car meet would be a moron? for an OCer, he/she OCs EVERYWHERE. why would you change the style of carry at a free gathering in a parking lot?

whether or not i OC or CC to this meet will be based solely on what mood i'm in when i wake up and get dressed. either way i will have my gun, and i guarantee there will be plenty more there as well. three coming in my car for sure. what difference does it make whether they're OCed or CCed?

instead of trying to make OCers feel guilty about carrying openly we should start a thread informing everyone that it's perfectly legal and safe for people to OC... and no one will create a problem. if something negative were to come from a gun being openly carried (at a car meet for kids or otherwise), it is completely the fault of the idiot who makes it an issue, not the fault of the OCer.

edit* - not to mention... even if Sonic (as a private land owner) had a problem with OC and someone was asked to leave, why would that in any way/shape/form affect the goings on of a car meet in the parking lot and surrounding area? for all Sonic knows, the individual could be completely unaffiliated with the car meet group. they are open to the public after all. what would someone think if a group of people OCing come for a burger at the same time as the meet? surely no one could expect them to change what they're doing just because we have a meet out in the lot.

i wasnt saying it was anything political, but i dont know if you read about those guys that were doing the OC carry in starbucks' out west haha. and you cant open carry in phila. IIRC.... anyways, i agree with you (as i usually do) but we seem to butt heads all the time.. to uninformed (about firearms) people, someone OC'ing seems more "dangerous" even though they are most likely more informed with the law than others...

that being said... you can not deny that someone with a gun exposed draws attention to themselves... and why OC when you can CC anyways if not to make a point?

Drftpretty 04-21-2010 09:29 PM

I 100% support our right to OC but there are sometimes when it just makes life easier and draws less attention to yourself to CC at certain events. Just makes the day smoother in certain cases such as this one. But amen DC2.

Dave, Im 99% sure you can OC in philly, but expect to get harrassed by the cops for some other violation such as disturbing the peace or some other bogus issue.

No need to make this thread political though.

cmr076 04-21-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drftpretty (Post 1709495)
I 100% support our right to OC but there are sometimes when it just makes life easier and draws less attention to yourself to CC at certain events. Just makes the day smoother in certain cases such as this one. But amen DC2.

Dave, Im 99% sure you can OC in philly, but expect to get harrassed by the cops for some other violation such as disturbing the peace or some other bogus issue.

No need to make this thread political though.

looks like your right, you can open carry w a CC permit :bigeek: but can be arrested for disturbing the peace etc.

DC2.2GSR 04-21-2010 09:55 PM

you can OC in Philly as long as you have a LTCF. anyone who is legally allowed to own a gun can OC without LTCF on foot everywhere else in the state. there is absolutely no way you can legally be arrested for anything unless you enter federal property or remove the gun from the holster, or unless by some chance you are charged with a crime by verbally threatening to use it, etc.

cmr... the debate on OC/CC is extremely ridiculous. i'm not going to get into it here. honestly i don't get into it anywhere. you can read the debates on PAFOA for days. when it comes down to it, it's just a matter of personal preference and someone's opinion of how another person carries their weapon is no reason for anyone to change the way they go about their day.

even if for some ridiculous reason SONIC Corp. has a problem with an OCer at the upcoming meet, all that person would need to do would be to take a stroll over to the Walmart lot. it's a very well known fact that Walmart's corporate policy is to follow local laws pertaining to the carry of firearms... which in PA makes them very OC/CC friendly.

Drftpretty, i don't intend to make this thread political, that's not at all why i posted. i do agree with you that CC is at times simply the most intelligent thing to do. i CC 95% of the time. my point is just that if someone chooses to OC to a car meet in a parking lot why would it matter? it is completely a non-issue. very simply, it's no one else's business. the meet being a benefit for a charity should have no effect on a person's decision to OC or CC. when people talk about the event being 'for the children' or that there are going to be children there it just makes them sound like they're afraid that guns are going to start jumping out of holsters and eating the kids or that the gun owners are going to be walking around waving the guns in the air. if certain kids are afraid because they see a properly holstered gun on someone's hip, then it is the fault of the parents for not properly educating the kids. there's no excuse why kids should not all be taught that a person walking around minding their own business (who happens to have a holstered gun) is not someone you have to be afraid of.

anyway,thats my opinion. honestly im not trying to keep an arguement going or anything. i just feel very strongly about the subject and i feel that it needs to be said.

Drftpretty 04-21-2010 10:00 PM

DC2, I feel like we have the same views on gun laws and policy. I think Ill vote however you do in the next election lol.

cmr076 04-21-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR (Post 1709536)
you can OC in Philly as long as you have a LTCF. anyone who is legally allowed to own a gun can OC without LTCF on foot everywhere else in the state. there is absolutely no way you can legally be arrested for anything unless you enter federal property or remove the gun from the holster, or unless by some chance you are charged with a crime by verbally threatening to use it, etc.

cmr... the debate on OC/CC is extremely ridiculous. i'm not going to get into it here. honestly i don't get into it anywhere. you can read the debates on PAFOA for days. when it comes down to it, it's just a matter of personal preference and someone's opinion of how another person carries their weapon is no reason for anyone to change the way they go about their day.

even if for some ridiculous reason SONIC Corp. has a problem with an OCer at the upcoming meet, all that person would need to do would be to take a stroll over to the Walmart lot. it's a very well known fact that Walmart's corporate policy is to follow local laws pertaining to the carry of firearms... which in PA makes them very OC/CC friendly.

Drftpretty, i don't intend to make this thread political, that's not at all why i posted. i do agree with you that CC is at times simply the most intelligent thing to do. i CC 95% of the time. my point is just that if someone chooses to OC to a car meet in a parking lot why would it matter? it is completely a non-issue. very simply, it's no one else's business. the meet being a benefit for a charity should have no effect on a person's decision to OC or CC. when people talk about the event being 'for the children' or that there are going to be children there it just makes them sound like they're afraid that guns are going to start jumping out of holsters and eating the kids or that the gun owners are going to be walking around waving the guns in the air. if certain kids are afraid because they see a properly holstered gun on someone's hip, then it is the fault of the parents for not properly educating the kids. there's no excuse why kids should not all be taught that a person walking around minding their own business (who happens to have a holstered gun) is not someone you have to be afraid of.

anyway,thats my opinion. honestly im not trying to keep an arguement going or anything. i just feel very strongly about the subject and i feel that it needs to be said.

you win.

::edit:: and ive read the debates... still see no use other than "to exercise your right"

CleanNeon98 04-21-2010 10:30 PM

Why would you bring a gun to Sonic, where there's gonna be over 1000 people including kids? Do you intend on drawing attention to yourself? Do you want everyone to know that you're one of the "cool kids" cause you come strapped? Furreal dude, you should know better. Yea it's a right and yea maybe you can't get in trouble, but you gotta use your head, time and a place for everything.

edit: **** me, didn't finish reading original post. In that case this is directed to others, not the OP

Red94Celica 04-21-2010 10:40 PM

Id rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

just my .02.

Drftpretty 04-21-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 (Post 1709587)
Why would you bring a gun to Sonic, where there's gonna be over 1000 people including kids? Do you intend on drawing attention to yourself? Do you want everyone to know that you're one of the "cool kids" cause you come strapped? Furreal dude, you should know better. Yea it's a right and yea maybe you can't get in trouble, but you gotta use your head, time and a place for everything.

edit: **** me, didn't finish reading original post. In that case this is directed to others, not the OP

Too funny, thanks for the edit. :mrgreen:

Spocknasty 04-21-2010 10:53 PM

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1996_...uizamo_006.jpg

I was torn about going to the Sonic meet, but now I am totally in for the epic gun fight that might break out!!

ASIAN JUL 04-21-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 (Post 1709587)

Yeah, cause all the people who carry are doing so to prove how cool they are. :roll: