TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   official unofficial beer discussion (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68872)

den9 11-27-2008 10:27 AM

official unofficial beer discussion

discuss your favorite beers, what beers to recommend, where to buy hard to find beer, and your favorite bars.

i never had a clue that dogfish head has malt liquor 40's
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/17289

so far this is my favorite, kicks the **** outta blue moon
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/83/248

4N2NR 11-27-2008 10:51 AM

I really enjoyed weisse beer when I was stationed in Germany. Schneider-Weisse (http://www.schneider-weisse.de) was my favorite. When I was stationed in England we used to rent a 53 passenger bus go on Firkin pub crawls in London (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firkin_Brewery). Sadly, those breweries are closed now. I am also a fan of Molson's Golden Ale and Corona. I don't really have a favorite American beer. It's all good - like angels crying on your tongue!

DropTopChevy 11-27-2008 11:02 AM

Isn't there already a thread?

den9 11-27-2008 11:15 AM

theres a thread on beer brewing

anyone ever have trader joes bavarian hefeweizen? tastes really good, kinda fruity though, no homo

poolmike 11-27-2008 11:21 AM

I have been hooked on Weyerbacher out of Easton. I am just about finished with a case of their Heresy which is really good. Very dark.

den9 11-27-2008 11:44 AM

anyone ever try leinekugel sunset wheat or that berry stuff? too much flavor, wasnt a fan.

WCblkTC 11-27-2008 11:57 AM

Framboise :)

mrchariybrown 11-27-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCblkTC (Post 1154047)
Framboise :)

you do realize this is exactly like saying..

"wheat ale"

or

"bock"

or

"IPA"

what brewery?

it's like coming into a thread about car discussion and just saying "sports sedan"

92dxman 11-27-2008 02:48 PM

Always been a big fan of Paulaner Weisse, Hacker-Pschorr and Fransizkaner Dark Weisse for German wheat beers. Beck's Dark is another good German export. My favorite American attempt at a hefeweizen is Widmer from Portland Oregon. Lately, i've been drinking a ton of Saranac (most recently their pumpkin ale) and can't recommend their whole line enough. A good place to start is their Adirondack Lager. Blows Yuengling Lager out of the water, hands down.

Ender81 11-27-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrchariybrown (Post 1154119)
you do realize this is exactly like saying..

"wheat ale"

or

"bock"

or

"IPA"

what brewery?

it's like coming into a thread about car discussion and just saying "sports sedan"

Actually it isn't, it's worse lol. Framboise just means raspberry. I am assuming she means Framboise Lambic so probably Lindeman's since it's the easiest to find. I am a big fan of their peche lambic.

I really like Leinekugels Shandy because it tastes just like the Radler's I've had in the past. for everyday I dig Franziskaner Heffe-Weissen and also Magic Hat #9. My brother hooked me on Wheat beers years ago and he picked up a taste for them when he lived in Germany so most of my favorites are wheat beers.

My two Seasonal favorites are Mad Elf and St.Bernardus Christmas Ale. I want to try Leinenkugels Fireside nut brown.

Scapegoat 11-27-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by den9 (Post 1154010)
theres a thread on beer brewing

anyone ever have trader joes bavarian hefeweizen? tastes really good, kinda fruity though, no homo

it started out as such... but it is about beer in general as well as brewing

TGilb2007 11-27-2008 04:56 PM

I really only drink the major named beers.... I really havent tried too many small time brewers. Had Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, which was rather fantastic.

But, favorite beers of mine are usually just Sam Adams Lager and Octoberfests. Also some of the local micro-brews in RI. They tend to have some sold IPAs and Red Ales.

wrx_snobordr 11-27-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ender81 (Post 1154250)
Actually it isn't, it's worse lol. Framboise just means raspberry. I am assuming she means Framboise Lambic so probably Lindeman's since it's the easiest to find. I am a big fan of their peche lambic.

I really like Leinekugels Shandy because it tastes just like the Radler's I've had in the past. for everyday I dig Franziskaner Heffe-Weissen and also Magic Hat #9. My brother hooked me on Wheat beers years ago and he picked up a taste for them when he lived in Germany so most of my favorites are wheat beers.

My two Seasonal favorites are Mad Elf and St.Bernardus Christmas Ale. I want to try Leinenkugels Fireside nut brown.

Just had the Leinenkugels Fireside Nut Brown last night. Very good, you can really taste the chocolate and caramel but not overpowering at all.

White Lightning is good as is St. Bernadus Wit and the Triple and Leffe Blond.

Can never go wrong with Sam Adams Summer and the winter lager is pretty tasty also.

teh DIRT 11-27-2008 07:39 PM

i recommend everyone try WildGoose's winter brew, SnowGoose.....it is my favorite beer of all time. so damn good.

ricky2i5 11-27-2008 08:48 PM

for parties i usually bring a case of lionshead best tasting beer for the money. its funny because i brought a couple cases to wildwood for senior week, and some kids from up there had no idea what it was. and it has cool riddles under the cap

yick yack 11-30-2008 12:35 AM

deff. 40's either ol' E or mickeys sometimes hurricane... if its not a 40 its prob. a high life.. or pbr

ScubaSteve 11-30-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky2i5 (Post 1154502)
for parties i usually bring a case of lionshead best tasting beer for the money. its funny because i brought a couple cases to wildwood for senior week, and some kids from up there had no idea what it was. and it has cool riddles under the cap

Lionshead has no place in this thread lol.

Has anyone ever tried a beer called Hopback? I don't remember who makes it but its a local PA brew with an intensely hoppy plavor that kicks you in the face at first but tastes incredible after the initial shock.

redline 11-30-2008 01:02 PM

Paulaner has been my favorite since I got to Germany.

Others include Bischoff, Spaten, Elephant, Karlsburg, Kostriker, Krombacher and Radeberger. I'm really going to miss this beer!

Ender81 11-30-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrx_snobordr (Post 1154453)
Just had the Leinenkugels Fireside Nut Brown last night. Very good, you can really taste the chocolate and caramel but not overpowering at all.

White Lightning is good as is St. Bernadus Wit and the Triple and Leffe Blond.

Can never go wrong with Sam Adams Summer and the winter lager is pretty tasty also.

I picked up the variety case with the Fireside in it. I really like, the red is also very good.

Kjott21 11-30-2008 01:04 PM

Piraat Ale is my favorite.

Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat is probably my second choice followed by Hofbrau Hefe Weisen.