TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Networking: requests and offers (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Good paint shops in the Lehigh Valley PA area (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115461)

STiGuy06 05-30-2011 04:25 PM

Good paint shops in the Lehigh Valley PA area

I got a Syms Wing for my STi and its not in the best shape. Anyone know any shops that are really good and reasonably priced? I have a family friend who paints my stuff usually but lately his work is going downhill because he's diabetic and in his 60's......So i'm seeing if there's a place i can try.

I already have the paint too for it. Just not the clear coat.

STiGuy06 05-31-2011 06:02 AM

Are you really good because im flat out anal lol.....where exactly is the shop, can you give me an address (pm me)? What would you charge? The wings painted already but its terrible. I would need both pillars and possibly the CF part too painted OBP. Theres a scratch in the CF and if you couldn't get that out and reclear it, i'd just want it painted OBP as well. I have the OBP paint (Dupont) but not a clear coat.

PSIPROformance 05-31-2011 12:03 PM

We can do it for ya. Give us a call and we can talk in more detail. 215-361-7100

STiGuy06 05-31-2011 04:29 PM

Landsdale is bit out of my range but thank you for the offer!

90blacktsiawd 06-06-2011 02:28 PM

Force one towing in Catasaqua has a body shop that does great work at reasonable rates. I've taken a few cars to them personally and they always did a great job and usually for a couple hundred less than other quotes i had received for the same job.

accordguy04 06-06-2011 02:43 PM

My buddy got the bodykit for his Mk3 Jetta painted at the Maaco in Allentown, he said the guys did a great job, the price wasn't rediculous and they were great to deal with... that said, it was a couple years ago so who knows now. But hey, worth checkin out. Wouldn't think a Wing would be too much. It's off of the American Parkway.

Turbo_CitrusEs 06-06-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90blacktsiawd (Post 1999377)
Force one towing in Catasaqua has a body shop that does great work at reasonable rates. I've taken a few cars to them personally and they always did a great job and usually for a couple hundred less than other quotes i had received for the same job.

I second that.......This is one of my cars he has painted for me. This car used to be a dark red.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...resize0001.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...resize0006.jpg

Force One Towing
610-266-6721.
Owners name is Roger

Subie_sleeper 06-06-2011 08:09 PM

New Image.

The owner does ALL of Becker Subarus paintwork when there is no body damage. He can match colors PERFECTLY.

Louie Strecker 610-680-6508

11secdsm 06-06-2011 09:32 PM

Hit up Josh at Crolls Customs. He's up your way. He's also a sponsor on here.

Showoff03LS 06-07-2011 07:48 AM

i can do it. i work in LV , but do all my work at my place in gilbertsville

underpressure02 06-07-2011 08:54 AM

Clints auto body is the only place I trust to do all my cars and my fathers car. He is super anal but if you are looking for a cheap price I would not waste his time or your time going there. You get what you pay for and he is worth it.

accordguy04 06-07-2011 09:28 AM

Force One does do great work, but a bit pricey. I was considerin gettin my 5th Gen Accord resprayed and they wanted like $3,000 just to lay down a fresh coat... When I got quotes of like just under a grand from other places.

anarchyperf 06-07-2011 10:56 AM

My buddy can do it for you cheap. He'll bring his compressor and gun from work and he can use the paint boot at the shop.

rodder 06-08-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STiGuy06 (Post 1996267)
Landsdale is bit out of my range but thank you for the offer!

Lansdale is too far? Seriously?? I drive PAST lansdale every day for my daily commute! :-p:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by accordguy04 (Post 1999735)
Force One does do great work, but a bit pricey. I was considerin gettin my 5th Gen Accord resprayed and they wanted like $3,000 just to lay down a fresh coat... When I got quotes of like just under a grand from other places.

$3000 is a reasonable price for a quality full respray. I would be willing to put money down that a respray that costs less than a grand won't last more than a few years. (of course this doesn't apply if you "know someone" or can paint yourself)

DC2.2GSR 06-08-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodder (Post 2000680)
Lansdale is too far? Seriously?? I drive PAST lansdale every day for my daily commute! :-p:lol:

$3000 is a reasonable price for a quality full respray. I would be willing to put money down that a respray that costs less than a grand won't last more than a few years. (of course this doesn't apply if you "know someone" or can paint yourself)

very true. when anyone asks for an estimate for an overall job in the OEM color, just a respray with minor ding/dent repair, we explain that our jobs start at $2500. That's not to weed anyone out and it's sure not because we think we're the best of the best and have an elitist attitude, it's just how much it costs. Any business who quotes you +/- $1000 for a full paint job is going to cut costs wherever possible, which is basically everywhere. You will get sub-par prep work, materials, and overall workmanship. That's a fact.

There's a huge difference between getting a job done that looks okay and will function and getting it done where it will look as good if not better than it did when it was new and so that it will last.

Ender81 06-08-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subie_sleeper (Post 1999536)
New Image.

The owner does ALL of Becker Subarus paintwork when there is no body damage. He can match colors PERFECTLY.

Louie Strecker 610-680-6508

Is that the same person that did the spots on the G35?

Y2KFirehawk 08-13-2017 06:02 PM

Bringing a thread back from the dead... I have a OEM spoiler that needs painted to match. People still agree with the suggestions in this thread? Thanks!

Turbo_CitrusEs 08-13-2017 11:07 PM

My vote is still for Force one in catty. I have had several vehicles painted and repaired by them. See my post above.