TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   European (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   German Cars! Where are you?? (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3144)

nickmahhh 06-26-2005 09:25 PM

German Cars! Where are you??

This European section is slowing down! I need to read more about other people who have cool German cars here. Anyone selling a VW Jetta turbo? Anyone have anything to say here? :sleep:

WhiteXFire 06-27-2005 01:01 AM

OOH, OOH, my car is German! If anyone knows German, you can translate all the writing under my hood.

DoubleA18 06-27-2005 02:49 AM

shut up you drive a chrysler.. i dont care if theres german under your hood

WhiteXFire 06-27-2005 10:52 AM

Still 100% German :finga:
What counts more...the name, or where it's built and all the parts come from??

DoubleA18 06-27-2005 01:00 PM

more "american" cars are built in other countries then in america.. but you knew that right?

20th1519 06-27-2005 01:57 PM

I'm here.

WhiteXFire 06-27-2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleA18
more "american" cars are built in other countries then in america.. but you knew that right?

Of course I know that, but find me another Chrysler not built partially in the US. For the last time, I'm not arguing that it's not an American branded car...Chrysler (even though they're now Daimler Chrysler and their parent company is now German). But it's unique for the fact that it's built on the same production line in the same factory that builds the better version of Hopper's mom's car, the SLK320. Built entirely in Germany, imported from Germany, parts come from Germany, so why argue over me responding to a thread about German cars...

nickmahhh 06-28-2005 10:05 AM

ok people, i just wanted people to start talking more on this thread so lets try to get a grip. if your car is built in Germany and has German parts, but has a different name than a German car, its not German. Why? Cause, the name is where they get their money. Am I wrong? Could be cause Im just BSing cause it sounded good. hehe. If its made with anything German, your car equals good! most people will complain about that on this forum due to the mainly Subarus on here. psssh. Subaru.

20th1519 06-28-2005 10:10 AM

Eh german shurman. I dont care as long as it runs and is built like a tank.

LSHatch 06-28-2005 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWingsOfCrossfire
But it's unique for the fact that it's built on the same production line in the same factory that builds the better version of Hopper's mom's car, the SLK320.

Nothing the Slk320 has that my Mom's car doesn't. Other then the larger motor, but the cars are similar in performance.

I sometimes drive a German car, does that count?

WhiteXFire 06-28-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSHatch
Quote:

But it's unique for the fact that it's built on the same production line in the same factory that builds the better version of Hopper's mom's car, the SLK320.

Nothing the Slk320 has that my Mom's car doesn't. Other then the larger motor, but the cars are similar in performance.

I sometimes drive a German car, does that count?

Yes, sorry, I just meant bigger engine. I still like yours! :thumbup:

20th1519 06-28-2005 11:07 AM

Recently i was about to close a deal on a 2002 S2000. It handled better and felt tighter than my GTI. I was of course expecting it to handle better but i was surprised at the quality of the build. Im in love with the dash. All business. Maybe next spring ill pick one up. :thumbup:

LSHatch 06-28-2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20th1519
I was of course expecting it to handle better but i was surprised at the quality of the build.

It's not an easy car to drive fast. Just wait until I have mine back out. :lol:

20th1519 06-28-2005 11:12 AM

I have read up on them and that seems to be a recuring theme amung the people that drive them hard. Honestly i want it becuase its a 2 seat roadster that is going to run forever has decent power and looks good. I will be the first to admit that I dont know how to drive a car at its limits with out hitting something. If i got a S2000 i would sign up for a driving class and learn the right way to handle the car at the limits. Or i could use yours hopper. :mrgreen:

LSHatch 06-28-2005 11:14 AM

Quote:

I have read up on them and that seems to be a recuring theme amung the people that drive them hard. Honestly i want it becuase its a 2 seat roadster that is going to run forever has decent power and looks good. I will be the first to admit that I dont know how to drive a car at its limits with out hitting something. If i got a S2000 i would sign up for a driving class and learn the right way to handle the car at the limits. Or i could use yours hopper. :mrgreen:

One thing that you need to never believe from anyone, they don't oversteer that bad. The oversteer comes from people letting off the gas when they push hard, then they get lift throttle oversteer and boom, the back end comes flinging around. The S will understeer a little if you really push it and keep on the gas the whole time.

Definitely do some HPDE's and some AutoX's in the car. It's so much more fun driving it that way. I'll take you for a hard ride in it, driving it....we'll see.

20th1519 06-28-2005 11:17 AM

Sounds good. Now all i need to do is win that stinking power ball. It never picks my number. :furious:

nickmahhh 06-28-2005 01:59 PM

Quote:

German shurman? :screwy: hehe just kiddin. i thought it was funny

WhiteXFire 06-28-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmahhh
Quote:

German shurman? :screwy: hehe just kiddin. i thought it was funny

Like a Sherman Tank!

20th1519 06-28-2005 08:14 PM

I would rather my car be built like a Tiger or Panzer than a Sherman. The Shermans carried a smaller bore main weapon and had thiner armor than either German tank. :banana:

GTIivVR6 06-29-2005 08:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleA18

Of course I know that, but find me another Chrysler not built partially in the US. For the last time, I'm not arguing that it's not an American branded car...Chrysler (even though they're now Daimler Chrysler and their parent company is now German). But it's unique for the fact that it's built on the same production line in the same factory that builds the better version of Hopper's mom's car, the SLK320. Built entirely in Germany, imported from Germany, parts come from Germany, so why argue over me responding to a thread about German cars...

PT cruisers are built in mexico :thumbdow: