TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anyone with a flat bed or who can tow? (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17969)

SexyDSM95 08-05-2006 11:38 PM

Anyone with a flat bed or who can tow?

Hey Guys -
I attempted to pick up my Cherokee today and it over heated. Either the t-stat is stuck closed or there is a pin hole in the radiator. The Cherokee is now sitting at the Wawa off of 73 (Cottman) and a little past Oxford Ave. It's litearlly 10-15 minutes from my house counting if you get stuck at all the lights. The tricky part is is that I have no front tow point. My Jeep friend attempted to tow me from the front axle but that didn't go over too well.

Whoever can help me out I will pay for their gas and possibly lunch. Please PM me ASAP if anyone can help me out. I am trying to get it out of the parking lot by tomorrow early afternoon.

blkbomber01 08-06-2006 02:33 AM

i can give you a # of a buddy that owns a tow company..... let me know

MPowerKai 08-06-2006 10:48 AM

if a friend of yours has AAA I'm sure they can do it

D Money 08-06-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPowerKai
if a friend of yours has AAA I'm sure they can do it

Yup!

<--this guy works there. lol

If I wasn't at work right now I would cruise down and help you out, free tow wouldn't hurt but I am stuck here today.

SexyDSM95 08-06-2006 02:34 PM

I don't think Triple A would tow a vehicle with expired tags. Thanks for the replies guys but the problem was fixed in the Wawa parking lot and driven home.

igo4bmx 08-06-2006 02:43 PM

dd you try driving it with the heater on max?

SexyDSM95 08-06-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
dd you try driving it with the heater on max?

Tried to, but the heater wasn't blowing any hot air!

Bizee 08-06-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyDSM95
I don't think Triple A would tow a vehicle with expired tags. Thanks for the replies guys but the problem was fixed in the Wawa parking lot and driven home.

i know its taken care of. but they will.. they usually just make sure you have the registration for the vehicle and insurance. but i had a couple cars towed with nothing..

SexyDSM95 08-06-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizee
i know its taken care of. but they will.. they usually just make sure you have the registration for the vehicle and insurance. but i had a couple cars towed with nothing..

Interesting, my friend helping me said he has Triple A and when his Dakota lost an axle they would know tow b/c it was a month past registration. I am sure Dmitri can enlighten my statement/question since he works there.

I would have called you or Matt about a tow but it was like 1AM. Not too sure if you guys were still up.

D Money 08-06-2006 03:02 PM

Well to be perfectly honest if you tell the person on the phone when you call in that you have expired tag's then they won't send service. It basically states that it's emergency road service, if your vehicle is not completely street legal, ie tags, registration, inspection sticker, etc then your car shouldn't be on the road at all. In that event your car cannot be towed. If you don't say a word to anyone on the phone and it's you and the driver, chances are in Philly they won't really care unless the situation looks shady. In this case I am sure Sandra could have used her sexy antics to persuade the driver to tow her jeep to a safe destination. So final word is: yes and no, depends on who you get and how much they love their job :wink:

If I worked in ERS still, I would have probably done it but since I work in Travel now it's not in my hands!

SexyDSM95 08-06-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subwrxkid
Well to be perfectly honest if you tell the person on the phone when you call in that you have expired tag's then they won't send service. It basically states that it's emergency road service, if your vehicle is not completely street legal, ie tags, registration, inspection sticker, etc then your car shouldn't be on the road at all. In that event your car cannot be towed. If you don't say a word to anyone on the phone and it's you and the driver, chances are in Philly they won't really care unless the situation looks shady. In this case I am sure Sandra could have used her sexy antics to persuade the driver to tow her jeep to a safe destination. So final word is: yes and no, depends on who you get and how much they love their job :wink:

If I worked in ERS still, I would have probably done it but since I work in Travel now it's not in my hands!

LOL thanks for the compliment D, it's just why I love you so much (and your crescent moon).

I may invest in Triple A at a later date, just for my area I would need to fork out $120 for annual dues + activation fee. I checked it fresh last night off their website...unless D can do something for me :mrgreen:

D Money 08-06-2006 03:24 PM

That's for plus membership? Maybe for the first year but I think it goes down to just over $100 for the year.

I have premier, it's so sick!

200mi towing
home lockout service
6 calls per year instead of 4
some other stuff but no need to list it lol.

I know you love the crescent moon, now do you want to um well....

SexyDSM95 08-06-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

That's for plus membership? Maybe for the first year but I think it goes down to just over $100 for the year.

I have premier, it's so sick!

200mi towing
home lockout service
6 calls per year instead of 4
some other stuff but no need to list it lol.

I know you love the crescent moon, now do you want to um well....

Correct that was for plus which is 100 miles in towing, free jump, etc. etc. Yea it goes down to like 96/year it's the activation part that's a buzz kill.

ScoobyNubieToo! 08-06-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

for the replies guys but the problem was fixed in the Wawa parking lot and driven home.

So what did ya hafta do to fix it?

MPowerKai 08-06-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Very true I used my friends AAA and when the guy came they said they couldn't tow it because I didn't have a card or anything just a number on a piece of paper lol. Anyway I talked to the guy and blah blah blah and at the end he was like you know what your a nice kid I'm gonna tow it to your house for no charge.

Drftpretty 08-06-2006 05:34 PM

Sandy, Slip the driver a $10 spot and he'll tow that sh!t till hes blue in the balls, or until he hits 100 miles lol.

^ If thats not what you were talking about, I would gladly trade in my hammock to get a flat bed if you would want to share one with me :)

Tru2Blu 08-06-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Correct that was for plus which is 100 miles in towing, free jump, etc. etc. Yea it goes down to like 96/year it's the activation part that's a buzz kill.

you can get the membership for 96 for the first year, just tell them you had a promotion and cant find it. tell them you remember it gave you 13 months for the price of 12 and waived the activation fee. :mrgreen: if i had my own desk id give you my ext.

SexyDSM95 08-06-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2Blu
you can get the membership for 96 for the first year, just tell them you had a promotion and cant find it. tell them you remember it gave you 13 months for the price of 12 and waived the activation fee. :mrgreen: if i had my own desk id give you my ext.

Dannnng! LOL Well I always got those stupid AAA coupons in the mail with a temp. membership card but never cashed in on it. Will definately try that next paycheck! Thanks for the heads up

Bizee 08-06-2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Interesting, my friend helping me said he has Triple A and when his Dakota lost an axle they would know tow b/c it was a month past registration. I am sure Dmitri can enlighten my statement/question since he works there.

I would have called you or Matt about a tow but it was like 1AM. Not too sure if you guys were still up.

yeah just dont tell em on the phone. never ran into a tow truck driver who gave a ****.. not like they are gonna turn down the job and a possible tip...