TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mitsubishi Talk (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   help car wont start!!! (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57685)

Tru2Blu 06-16-2008 04:33 AM

help car wont start!!!

while drivin the car yesterday, i was in first gear and about to go to second when the car jerked. i heard a loud pop and the car died. now its cranking, but wont turn over. any have any ideas? when i looked under the hood, the stock bov was off a little, guess the clamp did not hold it in tight enough. what could this be?

sherwood 06-16-2008 05:52 AM

check for air..fuel..spark..go from there.

JKrome 06-16-2008 06:51 AM

sounds like a vaccume or airline problem

Tru2Blu 06-16-2008 06:59 AM

well i put the bov bacc on, it still did not start. and this **** has so many vaccuum lines. so ill checc those

Jeffros Spec V 06-16-2008 08:53 AM

What kind of car is this? If I recall you have a WRX and a front mount? Sounds like you blew an innercooler pipe. Check all your couplers.

Tru2Blu 06-16-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffros Spec V (Post 943171)
What kind of car is this? If I recall you have a WRX and a front mount? Sounds like you blew an innercooler pipe. Check all your couplers.

nah i got a 3000gt. i checc'd the vaccum lines and i took the maf sensor off and tried to start it, and nothing, so i think its either spark or fuel. dont have the resources to checc those so now i gotta wait for ground zero to tow it to his shop.

VvStingervV 06-16-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2Blu (Post 943208)
nah i got a 3000gt. i checc'd the vaccum lines and i took the maf sensor off and tried to start it, and nothing, so i think its either spark or fuel. dont have the resources to checc those so now i gotta wait for ground zero to tow it to his shop.

Thats your best bet if they sold it to you, let them check it out. MAF shouldn't prevent it from running, just make it idle like sh*t. Its most likely related to one or more of the problems you listed in the other thread. The Y-Pipe popping off is fairly common, just make sure its securely clamped on the throttlebody. Can you hear your fuel pump activate when you turn the key on? You can look at your coils and see if any of them look burnt or otherwise damaged. Check your plugs and wires for the same. You can pull one of the timing belt covers and watch as it cranks to make sure theres no damage to it. Hows your oil level?

Tru2Blu 06-16-2008 06:54 PM

The other day i took the timing belt cover off, and was shocked at what i saw. A piece of metal was bent into a hole in the cover, and sitting on the timing belt, it was slowly eating away at the belt. I almost **** myself when i saw it.

But to answer your question, i dont hear the fuel pump activating, and i looked at the plugs and wires and they looked fine. as for the oil level, it never sits still. one minute it sits at half, sometimes below, sometimes above. Im waiting for GZP to get a tow trucc to picc it up and he will be addressing every issue on that list before i get the car bacc. Its just a pain in the A55 getting in touch with him.

Hans_GZP 06-17-2008 02:42 PM

yea, it's hard to get a hold of me. You aren't the only one making phone calls to me. I've been away from the shop for 3 weeks. I'll get to your car ASAP, but I do have cars scheduled ahead of your's. Sorry for being hard to get a hold of, but I can't always stop what I'm doing to answer the phone or I will never get anything done. Your best bet is to leave me a message and I will call you as soon as I get a chance.

Tru2Blu 06-17-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans_GZP (Post 944585)
yea, it's hard to get a hold of me. You aren't the only one making phone calls to me. I've been away from the shop for 3 weeks. I'll get to your car ASAP, but I do have cars scheduled ahead of your's. Sorry for being hard to get a hold of, but I can't always stop what I'm doing to answer the phone or I will never get anything done. Your best bet is to leave me a message and I will call you as soon as I get a chance.

Cool by me, but i did leave messages. Thats neither here nor there, cuz we making progress. I got intouch with your tow dude, and he will be picc'n up the car tonight around 8 or so. As for what needs to be fixed, i dont care how long you hold on to the car, as long as its all good once returned. (and does not take a year. lol ) But keep in mind it is my only car. And you got my number, so you can keep me updated even if its just a text. Again thanks for taking care of these issues.

PS: There will be an HKS BOV in the glove box, you can hold on to it till i get the flange.