TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Events (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TST Spring Meet Planning - Help us find a great location! (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132118)

TROLL 11-15-2013 01:49 AM

TST Spring Meet Planning - Help us find a great location!

We are looking for a great new location for the 2014 TST Spring Meet and would love some help from the community.

Last year's event was the biggest yet with well over 2500 cars and over $17,000 donated to Make A Wish. We have outgrown our location and need to find a new home this year.

Its not easy to find an ideal location for this event because of the huge turnout we get... there aren't many lots that can actually hold 2500+ vehicles but if you have any ideas please post them here so we can look into them more.

*Again, the lot MUST be able to hold at least 2500 vehicles which is pretty massive so please try to verify how many cars the location you're suggesting holds.
*We would prefer to keep the event in the northeast Philly area if possible, but we are staying flexible right now to any good options if you have another suggestion for a location.
*We are able to pay a fee to use the location, but as this is a charity event the lower the cost the better.

Think big colleges / universities / event centers / huge businesses parking lots / stadiums / etc... or just think outside the box, anything is a possibility.

Hopefully we can come up with some good ideas, and the more info you can provide with your suggestion the better.

And for anyone interested, we are looking for volunteers to help out with this year's event... lots of positions available with varying responsibilities. If you want to help plan the event (starting now) or if you just want to help the day of the event, please let me know and we can talk about how to get you involved.

Thanks and looking forward to another great event this year!
Bryan

dastpe 11-15-2013 09:03 AM

York Fairgrounds. They have a huge hot rod show each year, as well as a large VW show and I have heard good things about both. Tons of space.

mg23 11-15-2013 09:34 AM

airstrip?

Big_Jim 11-15-2013 11:03 AM

Citizens bank park parking lot? Wells Fargo center parking lot?

TROLL 11-15-2013 11:31 AM

Thanks for the responses so far, we're interested in looking at all of our options so keep them flowing, and the more detail you have about it the better.

Killercoop 11-15-2013 06:02 PM

Willow Grove air strip, I believe its decommissioned.

TheAlchemist 11-15-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercoop (Post 2223633)

Willow Grove is still partially open I do believe. I think it's now an air national guard base. But it doesn't hurt to follow up and ask about hosting a charity event there.

Shipman 11-15-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Jim (Post 2223615)
Citizens bank park parking lot? Wells Fargo center parking lot?

This is my vote

bleacher8 11-15-2013 08:31 PM

Maple Grove Raceway

JeremyPA 11-15-2013 09:02 PM

Atco Raceway

chaz01gt 11-16-2013 12:22 AM

Mitsubishi Owners Day (MOD) has been held at the Camden Riversharks stadium. Would probably be cheaper than the Big Philly Stadiums if we had to pay...just a suggestion. The Aquarium is right next door too so I'm sure we could use some of their parking if it was scheduled in advance. Citizens Bank Park is a good idea too. The King of Prussia Mall or even the IMAX/Best Buy/Nordstrom Rack Lot. Since its for a Charity I don't think they would mind, it's the local meets that attracts people who do dumb stuff...

lownslow95 11-16-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaz01gt (Post 2223648)
Mitsubishi Owners Day (MOD) has been held at the Camden Riversharks stadium. Would probably be cheaper than the Big Philly Stadiums if we had to pay...just a suggestion. The Aquarium is right next door too so I'm sure we could use some of their parking if it was scheduled in advance. Citizens Bank Park is a good idea too. The King of Prussia Mall or even the IMAX/Best Buy/Nordstrom Rack Lot. Since its for a Charity I don't think they would mind, it's the local meets that attracts people who do dumb stuff...

Even though I think its a great idea, I don't think it can hold 2500+ cars.

11secdsm 11-16-2013 02:07 PM

I like the idea of making a meet/track event. We rented Cecil County Raceway this season and it wasn't a bad price.

I also like the idea of using the lot at CBP or the one in Camden. Whatever you pick, make sure it has good in and out access so the lines coming and going aren't long like the past couple of years.

TROLL 11-16-2013 08:14 PM

Yeah there are lots of factors that we're looking at, and not easy/obvious choice.

Citizens Bank Park and the Link both charge a TON to use their lots, plus more for their workers that they also require staff the event so those aren't going to work.

From what I am told, the Camden Riversharks lot holds about 1400 cars, so although it would be a possibility, it isn't big enough.

I will talk to the local drag strips but I'm afraid the cost will be too high for that since we want to keep the admission price down and also maximize the amount we're able to donate.

Willow Grove Airstrip sounds like it could be great, but it doesn't sound like they are open to the public for this sort of thing. Does anyone have a contact there? I'm not even sure how to reach the right person for that although I am looking into it.

I don't think we'll be able to use a mall parking lot or any other open business as they'll have normal traffic that day as well. If there are any large businesses that are closed on the weekends are are seasonal and not open in Mid April - Mid May then that would be great.

Thanks again for the ideas so far and lets keep them rolling!

lownslow95 11-16-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLL (Post 2223663)
Yeah there are lots of factors that we're looking at, and not easy/obvious choice.

Citizens Bank Park and the Link both charge a TON to use their lots, plus more for their workers that they also require staff the event so those aren't going to work.

From what I am told, the Camden Riversharks lot holds about 1400 cars, so although it would be a possibility, it isn't big enough.

I will talk to the local drag strips but I'm afraid the cost will be too high for that since we want to keep the admission price down and also maximize the amount we're able to donate.

Willow Grove Airstrip would be PERFECT, but it doesn't sound like they are open to the public for this sort of thing. Does anyone have a contact there? I'm not even sure how to reach the right person for that although I am looking into it.

I don't think we'll be able to use a mall parking lot or any other open business as they'll have normal traffic that day as well. If there are any large businesses that are closed on the weekends are are seasonal and not open in Mid April - Mid May then that would be great.

Thanks again for the ideas so far and lets keep them rolling!

If you do use the Camden River Sharks stadium for the event next year, have the one side for people who have VIP parking, and maybe you can use the other side for generic parking. For those who aren't paying for a VIP spot.

11secdsm 11-16-2013 10:05 PM

How about the parking lot behind the Philly Expo Center in Oaks? Not sure what that lot will hold.

accentedeclipse 11-16-2013 11:07 PM

Track day would be awesome at englishtown or atco

x03_EVOx 11-16-2013 11:50 PM

Macungie Memorial Park would be a good spot. Same place where the wheels of time is held every year. Not sure how many cars show up for that but I know it's a whole lot!

Bdub215 11-17-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercoop (Post 2223633)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAlchemist (Post 2223639)
Willow Grove is still partially open I do believe. I think it's now an air national guard base. But it doesn't hurt to follow up and ask about hosting a charity event there.

This. i actually said this awhile back. tons of real estate in that place.

saxon 11-17-2013 08:03 PM

York fair grounds, I would be glad to help with whatever I can.

The cause is great and I would love a scenario that was better than the cramped parking of last year