TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Events (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 7th Annual TriStateTuners Spring Meet, benefiting Make A Wish! April 21st (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129460)

TheAlchemist 04-23-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drftpretty (Post 2204550)
Not to be an asshole but Who's getting the tax write off for the donations? Do we get a receipt posted on the forum as to the amount given to make a wish? :eek:

My paypal receipt is what I will use for my tax write off.

But if you paid $5, that's actually below the amount you need a receipt to claim for taxes. I beleive it's up over $100 that they require receipts.

dcwiker05 04-23-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drftpretty (Post 2204550)
Not to be an asshole but Who's getting the tax write off for the donations? Do we get a receipt posted on the forum as to the amount given to make a wish? :eek:

$5 is not enough to be a tax write off anyhow. The collective amount is probably and hopefully written off by TST itself.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk HD

mcperson2k 04-23-2013 10:09 AM

I'm all for smoking, big fan here, but I gotta say... Anyone walking around smoking pot in the open, let alone at such a packed environment, is a complete moron and there is no logical explanation to change that.

Drftpretty 04-23-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcwiker05 (Post 2204554)
$5 is not enough to be a tax write off anyhow. The collective amount is probably and hopefully written off by TST itself.

That's what I'm saying.

Where is the receipt from MAW saying thank you for $XXXXXX?

I was a member of a club in high school that held yearly charity events and eventually it was discovered that none of the money made it to charity...........

dcwiker05 04-23-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drftpretty (Post 2204557)
That's what I'm saying.

Where is the receipt from MAW saying thank you for $XXXXXX?

I was a member of a club in high school that held yearly charity events and eventually it was discovered that none of the money made it to charity...........

I'm sure they do get something like that. I remember the 5th annual one like a month after it was over they posted the final tally of how much money was raised and the thank you letter form MAW

Drftpretty 04-23-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcwiker05 (Post 2204559)
I'm sure they do get something like that. I remember the 5th annual one like a month after it was over they posted the final tally of how much money was raised and the thank you letter form MAW

Ok. Just checking :lol:

AWD GS 04-23-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcperson2k (Post 2204555)
I'm all for smoking, big fan here, but I gotta say... Anyone walking around smoking pot in the open, let alone at such a packed environment, is a complete moron and there is no logical explanation to change that.

ppsshhhh.... you dont have 3 compressed disc in your back, what would you know....

/sarcasm

Bates 04-23-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWD GS (Post 2204562)
ppsshhhh.... you dont have 3 compressed disc in your back, what would you know....

/sarcasm

3 compressed discs in your back + riding a motorcycle + Smoking weed = Family fun for everyone?

Drftpretty 04-23-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bates (Post 2204563)
3 compressed discs in your back + riding a motorcycle + Smoking weed = Family fun for everyone?

3 compressed vertebra hyaline cartilage bursa pads + riding a motorcycle = fun for anyone?

Ride less = less pain. Is an inverse. :roll:

JST2KWIK 04-23-2013 10:52 AM

Was bummed I got there around 2pm and the majority of cars were already gone... didn't people used to stay at these events much later? I also noticed that were a LOT of scumbags at the meet this year; more than I have seen in the past.

IBTrends Tom 04-23-2013 11:01 AM

They should have some type of screening for VIP cars.. Half of the cars in the VIP section didn't even belong there. Like the other guy stated im not trying to trash talk anyone's car, but it was ridiculous that cars in OTHER lot across the street had better cars in it. I see VIP cars as gt-r's, supras, clean sti's and evos etc.. not stanced out hondas on stock wheels with paint peeling off..

also we ended up leaving early and telling friends not to even show up, fix some of it and it would be a good meet.

Big_Jim 04-23-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drftpretty (Post 2204545)
And don't go saying "Then you run it Mr. Smarty pants." Because I would offer to. But then it would be considered insubordination.

That's not insubordination to me. It sounds like Troll needs all the help he can get with planning this meet. There's only so much he can do from Florida. I'd say shoot him a message and offer to help.

AWD GS 04-23-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBTrends Tom (Post 2204568)
They should have some type of screening for VIP cars.. Half of the cars in the VIP section didn't even belong there. Like the other guy stated im not trying to trash talk anyone's car, but it was ridiculous that cars in OTHER lot across the street had better cars in it. I see VIP cars as gt-r's, supras, clean sti's and evos etc.. not stanced out hondas on stock wheels with paint peeling off..

also we ended up leaving early and telling friends not to even show up, fix some of it and it would be a good meet.

vip doesnt mean its for vip'd cars, just people who donated more money thats all (at least thats how it was last year)

Bates 04-23-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBTrends Tom (Post 2204568)

This is just an ignorant thought. VIP entailed you made larger donation to the cause. Who cares what you drove to the meet in? The fact is those people paid extra hence why they got to park whatever vehicle they brought to the meet, in the front area.

I'm glad you have such a narrow thought band on what makes a car "VIP". Not to sound like a pompous douche myself, but it honestly looked like my Juke (which aside from being lowered a little bit, looks pretty stock on the outside) seemed to get more attention then those EVOs, STIs, Supra, and R35s. Maybe it was because everyone has seen worked Mk IV Supra, EVOs and STIs (except for that baller ass EVO IV, that thing was so sweet), and R35s are not all that rare to see anymore. Not saying all those cars weren't gorgeous, because God damn they were.

What I am saying is that different and unique has a place among those standard VIP cars. I paid my 25$ for VIP parking, and it seemed like peopel really enjoyed looking and talking to me about my Juke. I was completely blown away at the reception my little BattleToad got.

Also, to be honest, for every nice STI and EVO I see, I see ones that have been through 5 owners (most likely all kids) and are beat to ****, and are running like crap.

AWDkid 04-23-2013 11:19 AM

I dont understand why everyone is freaking out about this stuff. No matter where a meet/show is theres always gonna be dumb people burning out, smoking, and whatever else. In all honesty it wasnt bad at all compared to other shows and stuff ive been to, like FDR.

Lets be honest when the meet was at sonic it was 10x worse. People drifting out of the parking lot and such. That being said had a awesome time at the meet. Looks like next year we need a larger venue haha.

dcwiker05 04-23-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bates (Post 2204574)
This is just an ignorant thought. VIP entailed you made larger donation to the cause. Who cares what you drove to the meet in? The fact is those people paid extra hence why they got to park whatever vehicle they brought to the meet, in the front area.

I'm glad you have such a narrow thought band on what makes a car "VIP". Not to sound like a pompous douche myself, but it honestly looked like my Juke (which aside from being lowered a little bit, looks pretty stock on the outside) seemed to get more attention then those EVOs, STIs, Supra, and R35s. Maybe it was because everyone has seen worked Mk IV Supra, EVOs and STIs (except for that baller ass EVO IV, that thing was so sweet), and R35s are not all that rare to see anymore. Not saying all those cars weren't gorgeous, because God damn they were.

What I am saying is that different and unique has a place among those standard VIP cars. I paid my 25$ for VIP parking, and it seemed like peopel really enjoyed looking and talking to me about my Juke. I was completely blown away at the reception my little BattleToad got.

Also, to be honest, for every nice STI and EVO I see, I see ones that have been through 5 owners (most likely all kids) and are beat to ****, and are running like crap.

I guess we should agree to disagree. It was donation which means you're free to give what you want, yes giving more did entitle you to a better spot but I still think it should be screened on what cars can park there, your Juke was bad ass and deserved the spot reguardless, the stances Hondas and the minivan on the other hand... Not so much. If you paid extra for charity where you park shouldn't matter to you and you would still give the same amount even if it meant parking in the field down the road... It's a donation not an admittance fee, those are two different things. I came there to see as many sweet cars as I could see, not play hide and seek in a lot full of grocery getters. It reminded me of a mall parking lot not a car meet.

I will gladly volunteer next year if we agree to put something in place with separated parking lots. Family go getters/TST Tuners/VIP Rides with a $5/$10-15/$25 MINIMUM donation so you're free to give more if you want, and if you do you get like a free TST sticker or something. Also some of this extra money could then go toward a donation to the local PD or hiring a security team, some more bathrooms FFS, and trash cans (yes douches will still be douches and throw trash on the ground but it will be less...)

TheAlchemist 04-23-2013 11:30 AM

What if the minivan was owned by someone who's kids are benefiting from the MAW charity which the event was setup to benefit?

grimm 04-23-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcwiker05 (Post 2204581)
I guess we should agree to disagree. It was donation which means you're free to give what you want, yes giving more did entitle you to a better spot but I still think it should be screened on what cars can park there, your Juke was bad ass and deserved the spot reguardless, the stances Hondas and the minivan on the other hand... Not so much. If you paid extra for charity where you park shouldn't matter to you and you would still give the same amount even if it meant parking in the field down the road... It's a donation not an admittance fee, those are two different things. I came there to see as many sweet cars as I could see, not play hide and seek in a lot full of grocery getters. It reminded me of a mall parking lot not a car meet.

it's called incentive to donate more, people want to get something if they give more than the average joe. Giving away a prime parking spot seems to appeal to people. This is a "meet" not a car show. I don't understand why that is so hard to understand for some people. yes at a car show nice cars get parked together, and are left there till the end of the show, a meet people come and go as they please. hope you can see the difference.

Bates 04-23-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcwiker05 (Post 2204581)

Thanks for the compliment on my Juke :D

At the end of the day, everyone paid to get in and that money went to an awesome cause. I walked through the standard lot twice to see all the cars, and there were some gems in there I felt should have ponied up the 25$ to be in the VIP section but it is what it is. But you can't discriminate against crappy looking cars, and tell them they can't be in the VIP section.

DPancoast 04-23-2013 11:35 AM

The money if I'm not mistaken is handed directly to the organization at the end. It's NOT a write off in that respect. It is a DONATION and not a contribution, which would be a write off.

If that's not how it happens, then... That's another can of worms.