TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   If you were President (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73613)

Stillen GLE 02-24-2009 10:39 PM

If you were President

I think this is a good topic, I am just curious what others would do if you were president of the united states,

I would listen to both the Democrats and Republicans, and take bits and pieces from both parties and try to incorporate a plan well both side's agree on instead of it just being one sided, I would also try to incorporate from both sides of a plan to fix the economy.

Now I want to here what others have to say as well.

Got Insulin? 02-24-2009 10:41 PM

I'd ban you.

lownslow95 02-24-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Insulin? (Post 1253382)
I'd ban you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DPancoast 02-24-2009 10:50 PM

I have to think about this for a while...

but this thread is gonna get ugly in a hurry

TGilb2007 02-24-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillen GLE (Post 1253378)
I think this is a good topic, I am just curious what others would do if you were president of the united states,

I would listen to both the Democrats and Republicans, and take bits and pieces from both parties and try to incorporate a plan well both side's agree on instead of it just being one sided, I would also try to incorporate from both sides of a plan to fix the economy.

Now I want to here what others have to say as well.

I see one major failure in your plan. People suck. You cannot please everyone.

~Brian~ 02-24-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

I'd ban you.

Dude, you totally beat me to it.

haha

poolmike 02-24-2009 11:49 PM

Let the economy recover on it's own. Lay off some dead tax-payer funded employees, starting with teachers, then working through the rest of the union crap. I would shrink the gubbment, and lots of folks would be a bit agitated and I would most likely be assassinated.

agoodall 02-24-2009 11:51 PM

i'd give troll some bailout money so he can keep the site running smoothly

Protege v2.5 02-25-2009 12:01 AM

I'd do everything in my power to make sure that the economy collapsed, no institution was left standing particularly the banks. Unfortunately without a complete break down no one will learn from the mistakes that lead to this mess. Do something that will actually change the way we think and go about our daily lives, Keep us from thinking we are invincible and can make stupid discussions without repercussion.

AristoSan 02-25-2009 12:16 AM

Republicans and Democrats will never fully agree its just the nature of the game. I would do everything he is doing right now except for the amount of money he is putting in to the stimulus plan. I like how he is watching what the banks do with their money. As long as he puts us on a good path and not so all over the place we should be getting out of this crap sometime next year. This year is a wash, people will continue to struggle for at least another 6 months. Just be happy you don't live in NY , that Governor is a complete fool.

BradC 02-25-2009 10:11 AM

I'd make sure everyone remembered that we are a NOT a democracy and run it like a democratic republic like it should be ran.

SovXietday 02-25-2009 11:37 AM

Jump off Mount Rushmore.

mustang08 02-25-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

I'd ban you.

I say we make u president lol

AWD GS 02-25-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agoodall (Post 1253537)
i'd give troll some bailout money so he can keep the site running smoothly

/thread

SvicksTc 02-25-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradC (Post 1253990)
I'd make sure everyone remembered that we are a NOT a democracy and run it like a democratic republic like it should be ran.

Are you referring to a Direct Democracy vs. Representative/Indirect Democracy?

I just feel the seperation of powers have gotten out of hand, and the lobbyist and big business which have always had control over our country should be limited and restrictions...Along with many other things, but hey Im only 19 what do i know

I just wonder what the framers of our constitution would think about our country as it stands now?

CleanNeon98 02-25-2009 02:14 PM

I'd kill the whole lot o' ya, and burn yer town to CINDERS!

CHAOS 02-25-2009 02:15 PM

you cant really ask the general public a question like that.. because there would never be a random civilian in a position of such power, the existing government would never allow it.

red24O 02-26-2009 09:06 AM

I would bring capitalism back no more bs and with the money borrowed from china I would give everone in the country 60 thosend dollars (adds somwhere around there) would that stimulate the economy or would it give the people to much control? It's not about the economy it's about the d bags with the 98% re-election ratings.

marshallpre1 02-26-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red24O (Post 1255934)
I would bring capitalism back no more bs and with the money borrowed from china I would give everone in the country 60 thosend dollars (adds somwhere around there) would that stimulate the economy or would it give the people to much control? It's not about the economy it's about the d bags with the 98% re-election ratings.

I would improve education

gsrboi80 02-26-2009 10:16 AM

As Kid Rock said

"If I were president of the good 'ol USA. I'd Turn our churches into strip clubs and watch the whole world pray"