TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Events (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 7th Annual TriStateTuners Spring Meet, benefiting Make A Wish! April 21st (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129460)

DPancoast 04-25-2013 07:27 PM

There are plenty of ways to keep people from doubt burnouts. It's about the staff controlling traffic and keeping them bunched up and standing in the way. I feel it could be done properly with minimal problems arising.

I understand that staff was most likely short this year and those who were on staff did good from what I saw in general.

lownslow95 04-25-2013 07:56 PM

Not bashing on the staff or anything, but it seems like they just gave up after a while from people doing the burnouts.

techboy 04-25-2013 11:54 PM

They did .... because 25 ppl trying to control 4000 just doesn't work out mathematically. And I can't blame them. You do what you can to try to post rules ahead of time, but unfortunately nobody really thinks about the consequences of their actions anymore ... it'll be a miracle if there's a show/meet (whatever you want to call it) next year.

lownslow95 04-26-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techboy (Post 2205152)
They did .... because 25 ppl trying to control 4000 just doesn't work out mathematically. And I can't blame them. You do what you can to try to post rules ahead of time, but unfortunately nobody really thinks about the consequences of their actions anymore ... it'll be a miracle if there's a show/meet (whatever you want to call it) next year.

Yeah, I don't know if it will be happening next year or not. If it does happen, I can almost guarantee I won't be going again.

grimm 04-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer (Post 2205108)
Same thing happened last year and every year before that. People did burnouts when entering too. They should have been turned away immediately. I am by no means trying to bad mouth the staff, but more could have been done than saying don't do that. Like I said, overall I had a good time, but with the crap of drugs, alcohol and burnout, no thanks.

Volunteer your time next year. That is how more can be done.

AutobahnRacer 04-26-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimm (Post 2205173)
Volunteer your time next year. That is how more can be done.

If I will be given the authority to turn people away, gladly.

jpalamar 04-26-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lownslow95 (Post 2205125)
Not bashing on the staff or anything, but it seems like they just gave up after a while from people doing the burnouts.

It's really hard to tell someone to leave I guess...

FazdaGt 04-26-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpalamar (Post 2205206)
It's really hard to tell someone to leave I guess...

When the burnouts are happening in the exit line asking someone to leave isn't gonna do a whole lot of good is it?

They're already on their way out and as Adam said, it's a long straightaway to leave and most of the guys think its funny when you tell them to stop and they continue to do it the rest of the way out.

So it isn't hard at all to ask someone to leave. But when they're already leaving they really don't give a damn what you say.

dangerousatom 04-26-2013 05:51 PM

Perhaps TsT should just rent a car crusher and make all vehicle owners sign a waiver stating their car will be crushed if any rules are broken at the meet. That be the easiest solution IMO.

DPancoast 04-26-2013 05:58 PM

The police presence will solve the problem

FazdaGt 04-26-2013 08:14 PM

I was going to imply they sign a waiver that we shoot their car full of paintballs if they act like an ass, but a car crusher sounds fun too!

But seriously, Dan is right. Police presence is a must with the way people act these days. It'll suck to hurt the final donation but at this point it's a necessary evil.

rquinn19 04-26-2013 10:21 PM

IMHO I think the whole burnout thing is an over-reaction. People are gonna do what they want, regardless. As long as it's not tolerated inside the meet (ie burnout competition). When they're leaving they're leaving, so what? I understand the risk and safety issues, but the same could be seen at Atco when cars are leaving Honda Day and that's with cops nearby. I went and picked up my pre-order of Call of Duty this year at midnight and it was 90% high school kids and half of them was peeling wheels on the way out of the parking lot in their moms volvo. Same thing goes the last day at school at some high schools.

Maybe snake the entrance / exit (via cones maybe or trashcans) for one to slow cars down and two if their gonna burn out they'll be on the street?

dastpe 04-26-2013 10:32 PM

the company i work for has a huge mustang car show every year. they had a big problem with burnouts and to solve the problem we have two state cops sitting on the drive out on on the road. this year i think we had two or three burnouts...and they all got tickets. thats about 1/10th of the burnouts we used to see. police are needed.

Shipman 04-26-2013 10:37 PM

Thats the only way to stop asshattery, no one who is going to act like that is going to care what some random bystander says, but with police presence most of it will stop, the only issue is going to be getting the police to stay. In order to do an event that size for that length is definitely going to create an overtime issue, are they willing to do that just for a meet? Or will they just say that the crowd cant control themselves and shut the event down for good? Its mainly an issue with people learning how to act like adults.

TROLL 04-26-2013 10:54 PM

Yeah, we have the option to pay for police presence at the event which is what we will have to do next year. We will also be taking extra measures to improve the speed at which traffic can exit the event which will also really make a big difference. We hired someone to control traffic this year but they really didn't help much so we are going to approach it differently for next year which should allow traffic to exit at least twice as quickly as this year, if not faster.

Its really disappointing that some people can be so disrespectful not to TST, me, or the other people who bust their butts to make this happen each year, but mostly to Make A Wish and the kids that they benefit. Doing a burnout is more important than these wish kids? Thats horrible...

rquinn19 04-26-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLL (Post 2205283)
Doing a burnout is more important than these wish kids? Thats horrible...

I don't think that's what it is. Society isn't that bad. People just don't see the consequences.

lownslow95 04-26-2013 11:35 PM

Maybe find out if you can get a temporary speed bump or something along those lines?

PunkboySL2 04-27-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lownslow95 (Post 2205296)
Maybe find out if you can get a temporary speed bump or something along those lines?

The problem with that would be 1/4 of the cars showing up would get stuck lol

dangerousatom 04-27-2013 10:23 AM

Temporary speed bumps wont do the trick either. All that will do is create a chock to do a burnout against and slow the flow of ↔ traffic down and or cause more complaints for super low cars. An authoritative presence that all persons will respect weather they want to or not is the only real solution.

lownslow95 04-27-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkboySL2 (Post 2205323)
The problem with that would be 1/4 of the cars showing up would get stuck lol

True. Never really thought about the 'slammed' cars who bitch about speed bumps. :lol: