TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Networking: requests and offers (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Needed: Graphic Designer (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96370)

ThatsTheTruth 03-26-2010 04:16 PM

Needed: Graphic Designer

Hey guys and girls, I remember seeing a few people on here saying they were graphic designers, well I need a logo created. I have something in mind, but would like to see if you could come up with something better. PM me if your interested in the job

Mrjaydeeone 03-26-2010 08:24 PM

my wife does grapic work and is really good at logos. PM sent
Jason

ThatsTheTruth 03-27-2010 01:59 PM

just emailed your wife this morning, thanks!

Mrjaydeeone 03-27-2010 08:16 PM

cool. I don't think she checked her email today, definitely tomorrow.

11secdsm 03-27-2010 08:24 PM

Get a hold of STiGuy06 (Josh). He just did the new logo for my shop. Highly recommend him.

rista 03-27-2010 09:20 PM

send me a PM please, im going to school for graphic design :)

STiGuy06 03-28-2010 01:15 PM

Mike, i just pm'd you. I just started my own little business & I've won a few contests (Mishimoto's new shirt design for Spring 2010 & Chris's shop, Good Vibes Autosport's new logo) and i have a BA in Graphic Design.

c0nfl1kt 03-28-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STiGuy06 (Post 1687677)
Mike, i just pm'd you. I just started my own little business & I've won a few contests (Mishimoto's new shirt design for Spring 2010 & Chris's shop, Good Vibes Autosport's new logo) and i have a BA in Graphic Design.

You won that shirt design contest? Awesome =)

STiGuy06 03-28-2010 01:31 PM

Yes i did, thanks! Shirts go on sale sometime in April they said.

STiGuy06 03-30-2010 09:57 AM

Hey Mike,

Any word yet on who you want to design this?

Scapegoat 03-30-2010 10:16 AM

my cousin has done a number of logo design and corporate identity work. get in touch, we'd love to talk to you about it. pm me your email address and i'll send you some examples.

rodder 04-05-2010 01:33 PM

I've been in the biz for over 10 yrs now. Take a look at my portfolio for some samples of what I can do:

www.andywdesign.com

I can do everything from custom illustration to photoshop graphics to web sites. I just designed the turbine icon Ryan at 1320 uses in his AV here.

I specialize in logo design and brand identity/development.

Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

STiGuy06 04-05-2010 02:35 PM

Andy,

you still work at the ****hole-Times? I got laid off last year when they closed Assbury's office lol.

rodder 04-05-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STiGuy06 (Post 1694660)
Andy,

you still work at the ****hole-Times? I got laid off last year when they closed Assbury's office lol.

haha **** no! That was by far the worst job I've had since graduating college. I can't believe there are actually people I worked with there who will be perfectly content to spend their entire career stuck in that **** hole. (If they don't go out of business completely)

I'm working down in Montgomeryville as a senior designer for Roska Healthcare Advertising now. Started here last July. The pay is a bit better, to put it mildly. Plus they actually value creativity and good design here, not just hack some piece of **** together as fast a possible and try to pass it off as a professionally designed ad.

I guess you can't really expect much from some local newspaper's design department.

STiGuy06 04-05-2010 04:14 PM

Haha true. I think newspapers are going to tank within the next year or 2. Everything news wise is on tv or online now.

On a side note, if you're not busy this spring/summer, there's a few meets around here. There's plenty of Subaru guys around.

rodder 04-06-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STiGuy06 (Post 1694755)
Haha true. I think newspapers are going to tank within the next year or 2. Everything news wise is on tv or online now.

On a side note, if you're not busy this spring/summer, there's a few meets around here. There's plenty of Subaru guys around.

I plan on attending as many as possible now that my car is finally running again. I think I was in the process of getting it back together when I was at the Express-Times... well that motor spun a bearing (due to a leaky headgasket dumping coolant into the crankcase) during tuning on the dyno all the way down in MD. I trailered it home and gave up on it for about 8 months because I literally couldn't afford to spend any more $ on it until my job situation stabilized.

Finished up the 3rd rebuild in early march and I'm still in the engine break-in process. Final tune should be late this month or early may. Back down to IAG in MD to let Jorge Carrillo (P&L) work his magic.

The car definitely feels healthy finally. I've only let it see 2-3 psi max so far and it feels like it pulls almost as hard as my old stg 2 wrx did at WOT.

STiGuy06 04-06-2010 08:05 PM

Wow, sounds pretty sick. I'll let you know when the shows and meets start up. I need to send my STi to our painter. I fought a wall of bricks and lost. I'm getting my rear bumper and front bumper painted since there was a gash on the rear one for the longest time, and i'm going to have the guy do the S204 lip in OBP as well while its there so it'll be better then before.