TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   H22 Expert Wanted (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13226)

ItssmeLam 04-20-2006 09:39 AM

H22 Expert Wanted

GRRRR

F'ing H22s suck ass man...Im still having problems and Its costing me a fortune to get it fixed. The damn shop charged $70 per hour and didnt do ****.

I need someone to look at my car and fix stuff. The tranny mount needs to be relocated and re welded. The Vacuum lines needs to be ran correctly.

Anyone know somewhere/who to take it to?

underpressure02 04-20-2006 11:30 AM

contact dturbocivic on honda-tech or pm me your number and I will have him call you. He knows his stuff and is reasonably priced

lagos 04-20-2006 12:44 PM

what sympotms does your car have?

ItssmeLam 04-20-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagos
what sympotms does your car have?

Here is a list that I got from Him:

* Car needs Trans Mount
* Idle Air Control motor is seized
* Vacuum likes are all routed wrong
* Exhuast manifold gasket is leaking
* Steering lines are looped incorrectly. should loop at rack (I took the PS out)

My main concern is the mount. It needs to be cut, relocated, and re welded.

:cry: ,
-Lam

lude98SH 04-20-2006 03:06 PM

Hmmm ...........First State Motorsports is really good with hondas. I dont know of any repair shops in the area though. I mean Honda would be your best bet but they would be charging an arm and a leg.

ItssmeLam 04-20-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lude98SH
Hmmm ...........First State Motorsports is really good with hondas. I dont know of any repair shops in the area though. I mean Honda would be your best bet but they would be charging an arm and a leg.

Honda would want my soul to fix my car lol. I called to get headers...they wanted like $400+ for stock headers.

I want to get the car in good running order and then Im gonna sell it. I cant deal with this anymore. I have spent wayyy too much money on this for it to be in this condition.

Grrrrr,
-Lam

lagos 04-20-2006 06:15 PM

see the problem is, that you really cant own something as custom as a swaped car, and have to depend on mechanics to work on it for you. they will charge you a lot of money, for things that are very simple to fix yourself.

instead of getting emotional about it, why dont you buy a repair book for that motor, and start doing everything yourself? its really not that hard. i didnt know anything about cars a few years ago, then i decided to do my own swap, and learned so much about my car. i know every inch of it, there isisnt anything on there that i couldnt fix. you just have to do a lot of research on line, get some repair books, and get your hands dirty.

the only thing i would pay to get fixed, is that tranny mount. if it really does need cutting and welding, then you have to find someone who really knows their stuff. other the that, the rest of it all sounds like an easy fix

Milano95Teg 04-21-2006 01:38 AM

Damn. i loved my h22.

ItssmeLam 04-21-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagos
see the problem is, that you really cant own something as custom as a swaped car, and have to depend on mechanics to work on it for you. they will charge you a lot of money, for things that are very simple to fix yourself.

instead of getting emotional about it, why dont you buy a repair book for that motor, and start doing everything yourself? its really not that hard. i didnt know anything about cars a few years ago, then i decided to do my own swap, and learned so much about my car. i know every inch of it, there isisnt anything on there that i couldnt fix. you just have to do a lot of research on line, get some repair books, and get your hands dirty.

the only thing i would pay to get fixed, is that tranny mount. if it really does need cutting and welding, then you have to find someone who really knows their stuff. other the that, the rest of it all sounds like an easy fix

The reason why all of the Vacuum lines are routed wrong is because I got the diagram off line. I did do the swap myself...I just ghetto rigged things and did what ppl told me to do on forums. Trust me, I did my research before doing my own swap. Its just that I'd rather have some one certified doing my ish right. I dont mind paying $ for my own safety.

Thanks,
-Lam

ItssmeLam 04-21-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milano95Teg
Damn. i loved my h22.

Damn I miss my Teggy...

It was the same color as yours (The stock Blue ish purple that you rarely see)

-Lam

lagos 04-21-2006 02:09 PM

yeah i know what you mean, but the lesson i learned from my car, is that there is no such thing as a "certified swaper". chances are that most shops will never know or care about your car as much as you do.

if finding good info is your problem, try to contact a honda dealer about buying some repair manuals for the motor you have. for my toyota, we have a series of Big Green Books (BGB for short). its all right from toyota and you can trust the info in there like the bible.

highmilehatch 04-21-2006 07:10 PM

I have an H22 swapped '91 Accord at my shop now. It had alot of issues when it came in but now it is running 100%. If you would like me to look at it, contact me.

Milano95Teg 04-21-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItssmeLam
Damn I miss my Teggy...

It was the same color as yours (The stock Blue ish purple that you rarely see)

-Lam

Captiva Blue =] I love it. And the DA is cllleeaan lol Just needs a motor and it'll be back on the road.

james_ls 04-24-2006 10:12 AM

A+H Motorsport in Ivyland.

(215) 675-6769

www.ahmotor.com

If you call//go in...tell them Black Integra James referred you :)

ItssmeLam 04-25-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_ls
A+H Motorsport in Ivyland.

(215) 675-6769

www.ahmotor.com

If you call//go in...tell them Black Integra James referred you :)

I called them and they said that they dont do that type of stuff??? I told him that my Tranny mount doesnt line up and he told me "we dont do that type of Hybrid stuff here"....oh wells...

Im still looking for someone to cut and weld the mount for me :mad: I ordered a new bracket from Honda...Wish I knew how to weld...

PLEASE HELP!!! :prayer:
-Lam (484) 557-4514 Im willing to pay!!!

Tiny 04-29-2006 03:27 PM

we can cut and reweld your mount for you no problem, the shop is right off the cottman ave exit on 95
and we also have a body shop that is very reasonable and do very good work, right next door to us. i just seen your other post about the bodywork. lol