TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Car Related Chat (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   C8 Corvette (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134488)

DaveSTi 07-19-2019 10:43 PM

C8 Corvette

Thoughts?

Seems to be a game changer at $60k.

GolNat 07-19-2019 11:30 PM

Game changer for sure!!!

Amazing value for the price. People are upset that it’s different but with how the Camaro has gotten the Corvette needed to be different. 60k for that kinda performance is awesome! Looks great too.

Bates 07-23-2019 09:06 AM

500HP MR Vette for 60k just sounds insane. Is it fair to say this thing is going to kill the new Supra before it even gets off the ground?

GolNat 07-24-2019 12:50 PM

I’m not a domestic car guy but that C8 is a true gem. Corvettes have always been great value as far as performance and price but this one just raised the bar for everyone. This is above new Supra level.

Foolinaround 07-24-2019 04:50 PM

Performance? Amazing.

Rear end? y tho

blue91lx 07-25-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 2245115)
This is above new Z4 level.

FTFY :lol:

The car seems like it'll be a great value, however, I have heard from several that a well optioned build will throw the sticker into the near or over six figure range. I'm hoping that's not the case, but either way, I'll never own one so it's window shopping for me.

GolNat 07-25-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foolinaround (Post 2245116)
Performance? Amazing.

Rear end? y tho

I do like it. I think they nailed the design all around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue91lx (Post 2245117)
FTFY

:lol: thanks. It really is not a Toyota.

Quote:

The car seems like it'll be a great value, however, I have heard from several that a well optioned build will throw the sticker into the near or over six figure range. I'm hoping that's not the case, but either way, I'll never own one so it's window shopping for me.
I'm curious how the pricing will go. Is it going be like Porsche where all the stuff that you would want is a 6k option? Oh, you would like a steering wheel that will be 3k please. In base form it should still deliver a performance value but will it delivery European interior and build levels?

PAdutch 07-29-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bates (Post 2245112)
500HP MR Vette for 60k just sounds insane. Is it fair to say this thing is going to kill the new Supra before it even gets off the ground?

The supra killed the supra before it got of the ground. Performance does not match the price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue91lx (Post 2245117)
FTFY :lol:

I think the car is pretty exciting. Hopefully options don't kill it but either way I think it will sell. C7s seems to be selling well and this is a step change above. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to afford a used one (a decade is a few years right?)

thyptice 05-06-2021 09:45 AM

The convertible variant is now selling for $67,495. Not a bad price.