TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Jersey (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   SJ Caravan to The 4th Annual Sonic Meet on May 2nd (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96965)

boostinsidewayz 04-07-2010 08:52 AM

SJ Caravan to The 4th Annual Sonic Meet on May 2nd

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLL (Post 1711969)
The 4th Annual Sonic Meet has been moved back to next Sunday, May 2nd due to weather.

The forecast hasn't improved so we've decided its going to be best to move the meet back in hopes of holding it on a nicer day. I apologize to all of those who this creates an issue for. We all wished for perfect weather on the original date, but its out of our control and it wouldn't be right to intentionally hold the meet in wet weather. Believe me, I know this is a frustrating situation, but we're working with what we have here and keeping a positive attitude about having a great charity event next Sunday on a warm sunny day.

Once again, the meet has been moved back to next Sunday, May 2nd due to weather.

When: Sunday April 25th, 2010
Rain/Snow Date: May 2nd, 2010
Time: 9:00AM
Depart: 9:53AM
What: Meet then Cruise to Sonic in Morgantown, PA
Address:
2834 Route 73 North
Maple Shade, NJ 08052-1619

TO

850 CROSSINGS BOULEVARD
MORGANTOWN, PA 19520

Who to Contact: Boostinsidewayz. Onewheelisbetter@yahoo.com

Here is the route we will be taking.

directions
Please print a set of directions to have just in case you get seperated from the group

We will be traveling on the turnpike and will have to cross the bridge. so figure on about $10 for tolls. or bring an EZ pass

Meet thread:

We will be meeting in front of sports authority. Back your car into a spot or pull through so you can drive straight out of a spot, trying to back out spot will get hectic if we have a lot of people.

We will be leaving at 9:53. We will not be waiting for anyone.

Rules for the cruise;
Please bring a two way radio or make sure i have your cell phone number.
Don't plan on racing the entire way to Sonic, street racing is illegal and frowned upon.
Don't drive like a complete idiot, the point of this is to get to sonic in a big group.
Please ensure your car is able to make the hour trip. We will not pull over and repair your car on the side of the road for you. That is why you have AAA.
We will not be stopping to get gas.

Cookout on the drive home
again, please do not race on the way to sonic, i don't care what you do on the way home, but lets try to get to sonic safely and not get into trouble. with the amount of cars this caravan will have, we will be an easy target for police.

Please forward this in any local section of any car specific board you are on

Please Post, or Email me to let me know how many cars will be coming

i also need a few people that will stay where they are supposed to in the cruise and let me know that everyone is together. 1 person in about the middle and 1 in the back.

Vinny 04-07-2010 09:40 AM

Great thread, Has everything I was lookin for, lol, and I'm totally down for this!

InvisibleMonkey 04-07-2010 10:13 AM

Yeah. I definitely agree with meeting up at sports authority. I'm in.

Vinny 04-07-2010 10:20 AM

btw, are we going straight there or meeting up with another caravan?

trista 04-07-2010 10:21 AM

lol same I guess. I like the way you set it up. Props to you mr. c:

bl@ckvr4 04-07-2010 10:41 AM

Trista, I've got another potential passenger to take your position as camera person. You had your chance. :)

sean3 04-07-2010 10:47 AM

Thank you Steve for taking the initiative to actually set something up. Hopefully this year I won't hop any curbs or almost smash up VR4s.

trista 04-07-2010 10:47 AM

PFT. lol I think I'm driving anyways silly. Gots to take the EF out SOMETIME this year

thefro526 04-07-2010 11:33 AM

Weaksauce. I have class on Saturday Mornings.

Steve can post up the tentative route? I'll probably be able to catch you guys if you're "Leaving" at 9:53.

boostinsidewayz 04-07-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 1696473)
btw, are we going straight there or meeting up with another caravan?

as of right now, straight there. i haven't been on tst in weeks so i have to check into the other cruises. honestly last year i tried talking to people and setting up specific times to leave so we would all meet up on the turnpike, and none of the other organizers seemed interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trista (Post 1696476)
lol same I guess. I like the way you set it up. Props to you mr. c:

thats your version of a smiley face right? cause my last name is carlis, so technically mr. c would work lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean3 (Post 1696518)
Thank you Steve for taking the initiative to actually set something up. Hopefully this year I won't hop any curbs or almost smash up VR4s.

the sad thing is, i've been meaning to do this since before the other thread was posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trista (Post 1696519)
PFT. lol I think I'm driving anyways silly. Gots to take the EF out SOMETIME this year

great, now another car thats gonna break down. thanks caitlyn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefro526 (Post 1696569)
Weaksauce. I have class on Saturday Mornings.

Steve can post up the tentative route? I'll probably be able to catch you guys if you're "Leaving" at 9:53.

froboy, the directions are up there. we are leaving the parking lot on 73, heading right to the betsy ross bridge, then 95s, 676w, 76w, tp to the exit.

we will only go through 3 traffic lights for the entire trip

CleanNeon98 04-07-2010 11:57 AM

Good call on having it at SA...quickest way for you guys IMO would be 73 to the Betsy Ross, hop on 95S, then 676 through the city, and it takes you right to 76 which dead-ends into the turnpike...only problem is I don't remember how bad traffic is there on Sundays, shouldn't be bad on Sunday Morning.

You can also just take one of the local highways to the NJ Turnpike and then just hop off at Exit 6? (PA Extension) and take that all the way down to Morgantown, this is the same route the Philly crew is taking, chances are the caravans can meet up on the highway by accident haha

Chaosweaver 04-07-2010 01:08 PM

Alright, who am I riding with? I learned my lesson from taking the Talon on long trips.

bl@ckvr4 04-07-2010 01:09 PM

Is this official? If so, you should let TROLL know, so he can update the caravan thread.

Vinny 04-07-2010 01:17 PM

ya, this is official. If it's not, I'm still following this.

CleanNeon98 04-07-2010 01:40 PM

Everyone get in on Cleanneon's caravan, everyone riding in the Miata! It's gonna be overflowing with dudes.

bl@ckvr4 04-07-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trista (Post 1696519)
pft. Lol i think i'm driving anyways silly. Gots to take the ef out sometime this year

pft pft pft

Spanky 04-08-2010 12:59 AM

This is a good spot.I route our shore caravan from this way taking rtoue 72 to route 70 then to route 73 to meet with you guys.Anyone and everyone from the shore points we are meeting at the k mart meet area or the k mart in manahawkin/stafford at 7:45am and leaving at 8am since it's an hour and 30mins to the caravan spot.

InvisibleMonkey 04-08-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 (Post 1696709)
Everyone get in on Cleanneon's caravan, everyone riding in the Miata! It's gonna be overflowing with dudes.

You'd be in heaven wouldn't you?

trista 04-08-2010 11:48 AM

lmao my car isn't going to break down!
it's a beast

thefro526 04-08-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostinsidewayz (Post 1696377)
When: Saturday April 24th, 2010

So, I'm either really dumb, or the date in your OP is wrong...

On the front page of TST it says that they meed is Sunday April 25...

I Hope it's Sunday.