TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hey, I guess they're right.... (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52209)

Jeffros Spec V 03-24-2008 09:06 PM

Hey, I guess they're right....

Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. I'll be right back. Don't you go dying on me!

Seriously though...I blew an intercooler piping while leaving work this evening. I was the last one to leave the office and it was atleast a half hour after every body else. I called some friends and one was on his way to rescue me (about a 35-40 min drive.)

While I'm thinking to myself this sucks cause I normally keep a 10mm deep in my car for this very purpose, I took it out the other day cause I was working on my brothers car. So I'm like 15 mintues in and this shady purple neon pulls over in front of me. A guy hopes out and goes "What do you need cus?" I said "you have a 10mm?" and he goes "You got it." Pulls out a coffee cup of full of sockets and waited for me to fix my car.

Considering my location on the side of the road and the neiborhood I was in this was awesome. This guy saved me like an hour of bull**** all while he said he wife was sick in the car. I wanted to get his name and number and send him something but he said "Don't worry about it" and hoped in the car and was out.

To who ever you were thank you!

doug 03-24-2008 09:23 PM

moral of the story: find yourself a coffee cup.

zerioustt 03-24-2008 09:52 PM

i have 0 t-clamps on my z and have NEVER blown a intercooler pipe off. granted im not making huge boost but i dont get it....

Scapegoat 03-24-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerioustt (Post 848877)
granite im not making huge boost but i dont get it....

makes sense to me... rocks generally don't produce boost. not sure why you have an intercooler pipe on one though :bigeek:

ThePrimerSuspect 03-24-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapegoat (Post 848880)
makes sense to me... rocks generally don't produce boost. not sure why you have an intercooler pipe on one though :bigeek:

goddamnit. you always beat me to make someone else look stupid. must be the asshole SRT owner in both of us

on a side note, i was driving this chicks eclipse that i put a head gasket on down 95 and blew an intercooler pipe. also had no tools on me. no paperwork for the car either. drove right by a state trooper doing 35 mph on I95.:eek: yea, i almost **** my pants. he just looked at me with the radar gun in his hand and shook his head.:mrgreen:

zerioustt 03-25-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapegoat (Post 848880)

Ill make sure I spill a beer on you if I see you out...haha. I have 0 excuse for that one...

Uberu 03-25-2008 09:59 AM

Ha ha, that sucks brah. I would have ran away if some shady car came up to me.

Also, zerioust...for being a mod you're pretty off-topic all the time

deb38 03-25-2008 10:01 AM

i blow intercoolers pipes off like it is my job. needless to say my 10mm socket and my flathead are nestled in my armrest

old people to the rescue

and iirc zerious pays contributions via $$$ and gets to pick special titles, therefore he isn't a mod, nor would he be training to become one

~Brian~ 03-25-2008 10:04 AM

same thing happened to ScoobyNewbie2!'s wrx after we installed his uppipe. I guess somebody just forgot to tighten the clamps down after we put the IC back on. Its a good thing I brought my tools with me for the test drive.

Scapegoat 03-25-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGMsubI (Post 849338)
Also, zerioust...for being a mod you're pretty off-topic all the time

he's a mod in training.... he has no real power :lol:

and don't spill beer on me... that's alcohol abuse, and I think a ban able offense here :lol:

well... if he's getting boost from a rock, maybe he's got that earth ring from the planeteers! :rock:

dragonfly2k3 03-25-2008 10:43 AM

im pretty sure nobody else caught dougs comment. I actually lol'ed at that.

SovXietday 03-25-2008 02:31 PM

Boy, have the lot of you ever had a girl around?

http://www.beautybay.com/assets/imag..._tica0017h.jpg

Hairspray, USE IT!

doug 03-25-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonfly2k3 (Post 849389)
im pretty sure nobody else caught dougs comment. I actually lol'ed at that.

stealth comments ftw ;)

OMGz Turbo 03-25-2008 08:03 PM

good **** jeff glad to know people like that still exsist

turbo4g63 03-25-2008 08:11 PM

like any real dsm owner...i keep a bag full of tools in the trunk of my car

deb38 03-25-2008 08:17 PM

one of my most recent intercooler pipe issues was on the middle of the ben franklin bridge. i felt like a nascar pit crew the way i was working those tools and hustling to not die.

BradC 03-25-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SovXietday (Post 849700)
Boy, have the lot of you ever had a girl around?

http://www.beautybay.com/assets/imag..._tica0017h.jpg

Hairspray, USE IT!

+1

Let it get tacky and then reassemble.

dragonfly2k3 03-25-2008 11:43 PM

hairspray can be reassmbled still wet, it will dry tacky. Used to use it on bike grips all the time, even soaked in sweat it never seemed to give up, always had to cut the grip off though.

SovXietday 03-26-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradC (Post 850077)
+1

Let it get tacky and then reassemble.

Hells no, don't let it get tacky. Putting it on wet makes it really easy, if you wait till it's tacky you are going to be struggling like a mofo.

Hit 20psi on a few occassions and still haven't blown off any couplers.

K-Rex 03-26-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffros Spec V (Post 848827)

While I'm thinking to myself this sucks cause I normally keep a 10mm deep in my car for this very purpose, I took it out the other day cause I was working on my brothers car.

Karma for stealing my sunglasses you rat.