TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mitsubishi Talk (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   pull out recirc line? (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8822)

BlackBulletTSi 01-02-2006 04:00 AM

pull out recirc line?

some dude I ran into like twice already mentioned something about gaining 2PSI if I take the tube off of my blow off valve and capping it. He has the same car I do except his is AWD. Some info on this? I am not gonna do it as I'm still makin my baby run good completely stock

On Sale 01-02-2006 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBulletTSi
some dude I ran into like twice already mentioned something about gaining 2PSI if I take the tube off of my blow off valve and capping it. He has the same car I do except his is AWD. Some info on this? I am not gonna do it as I'm still makin my baby run good completely stock

Log onto DSMtuners.com . And do a search for "1G Free Mods" , if it doesnt come up listed on there, then i dont think its something u want to do. Because it is a free mod, and if it isnt talked about on dsmtuners, then it most likely wont work. good luck.

SpendOne 01-02-2006 11:22 AM

No you dont wanna undo the line, for the fact that your losing metered air. This WILL cause you to run rich. DO NOT DO IT!

2point4DSM 01-02-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBulletTSi
some dude I ran into like twice already mentioned something about gaining 2PSI if I take the tube off of my blow off valve and capping it.

If he is telling you to cap the BOV then it is possible you might gain 2 psi because the stock 1g BOV might leak a little. But then you are running without a BOV which is problematic for several other reasons. You are better off increasing the spring tension on the BOV by modding it.

If he is telling you to pull the tube off, capping the dump port back into the intake pipe and letting the BOV run vented to atmosphere then he has no idea how DSMs work.

Stock, our cars have a mass air flow meter that counts air going through it. When the BOV dumps to atmosphere that air is then lost without the ecu knowing about it and the car runs rich. This will cause driveability problems including hesitation btw shifts and possibly the car stalling as you depress the clutch coming to a stop. And it will not gain you 2psi of boost.

For your car leave it stock. Mitsu engineers know more than this guy.

noreaga0221 01-02-2006 02:53 PM

The free mods were already done to your car.

BlackBulletTSi 01-02-2006 03:27 PM

alright. Like I said this kids tellin me this. He said his buddy did it for him. Here is another thing he mentioned. On the throttle body you loop the tubes. I'm like mine are capped and thats what I was told. I just thought it would be good to throw the question up on here in cases anyone else asks and they can find there answer right here. Well I'm off to get a new rad cap, a copper washer and there was something else I just forget right now haha.

awdlaserbeam 01-02-2006 06:31 PM

I believe it is the one marked P that you need. You can use that to tap for your boost gauge. The other ones are for emissions.

noreaga0221 01-02-2006 06:49 PM

Loops or capped it doesn't matter. The boost gauge is tapped off the BOV line.

2point4DSM 01-02-2006 10:40 PM

It looks better capped. People loop the lines cause it is much easier to do. Either way is fine.

BlackBulletTSi 01-02-2006 11:21 PM

Ahhh thanks guys I was just curious thats all. Don't worry I don't do stuff without my researching!!! Aka askin you guys haha

BlackBulletTSi 01-02-2006 11:24 PM

Oh I also agree that it does look better capped