TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Official "2008 Presidential Election" Thread (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61934)

KingOfDelco 08-19-2008 01:16 PM

The Official "2008 Presidential Election" Thread

So here is our thread where we can discuss any 2008 election -related issues.

Debates/discussions are more than welcome, encouraged in fact. But lets keep it mature and act like adults, no insults (even passive-aggressive), name-calling, bashing, flaming, etc...

I believe that such an important election deserves its own thread so we can discuss our feelings, beliefs, thoughts, etc...

PoorMan'sR 08-19-2008 01:19 PM

good thinking

CHAOS 08-19-2008 01:24 PM

omg its official.

and im voting republican.

PoorMan'sR 08-19-2008 01:26 PM

im leaning for democratic right now but we'll see how the debates go to give my final decision

CHAOS 08-19-2008 01:27 PM

obama irritates the **** out of me... "change!" is all he says.. with no plan on how to actually change..

fwiw, had he still been running i would vote for ron paul.

jdm free 08-19-2008 01:28 PM

as much as i dont like either of em, mccain is sadly the better choice

97TurboDSM 08-19-2008 01:29 PM

this is not going to end well. *waits for the pissing match to start*

KingOfDelco 08-19-2008 01:29 PM

I'll start it off.

I don't vote. I never registered and never plan to. I consider myself a liberal independent. I side mostly with Democratic viewpoints yet I also have a couple more traditional conservative values. I HATE that the Republican party has been hi-jacked by Ultra-Conservative Christian Right Wing Fanatics... and I HATE that the Democratic party has been hi-jacked by the ACLU and is completely focused on unraveling the idea of social responsibility (ie. the parents of the 14 y/o girl that died in Philly, SUING DHS and the city for her death...when they were at fault).

I really can't stand politicas as usual in American, and I don't like politicians because they ALL lie and break their own moral values to win.

That said, its clear to me that what America needs now is a change from the "Old boys Club" and the Status quo, and Obama is clearly more well positioned to do that.

How so? Simply by stating he is for change... that is something McCain won't say. Because McCain doesn't really want to change things, but rather to protect the interests of those who support him: the top 2% of income earners, the NRA, big business (including oil and pharmaceuticals) defense/weapons firms, etc... The fact that Obama talks about change, means that he is OPEN to hearing the real issues of common american people, and doing what he can to improve them.

Obama is more level-headed, and less likely to make emotional, irrational decisions than his seasoned (jaded) counterpart. I used to really like McCain, around 2000... but I have witnessed him compromise so many of his ideals in order to fit into mainstream republican circles, that I've lost all respect for him.

Also, its as simple as: Obama wants out of Iraq (and never wanted to go in the 1st place), McCAin wants a permanent presence in Iraq (and still doesn't see/admit to the flawed thinking that led up to our invasion in the first place).

Do i think McCAin would be a horrible pres? No, not really. But it would just be another 4 years of painful, downward spiraling idiocy at the hands of the GOP. Its not McCain i'd be as worried about, but the people he would be forced to surround himself with in his cabinet...And the Supreme court justice he might appoint.

CHAOS 08-19-2008 01:32 PM

if you dont vote, the rest of your post is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY POINTLESS.

PoorMan'sR 08-19-2008 01:37 PM

what really amazes me is the lengths that people will go to to change the out come of this election, my girlfriends grandmother switched parties just so she could vote against Obama in the primaries, and also look how many young voters are appearing for this election...its been said before that this election is going to go down as one of the major elections in history

pearl 08-19-2008 01:37 PM

haha oh wow.

I want to know how much race is going to influence the people who have no idea what they are voting for.

PoorMan'sR 08-19-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearl (Post 1014899)
haha oh wow.

I want to know how much race is going to influence the people who have no idea what they are voting for.

dude it only takes two words "the elderly"

97TurboDSM 08-19-2008 01:42 PM

im gonna say that race will play a 90% role in the way people vote. i also think that if obama wins, he'll be assassinated very shortly after either the victory or after taking office in january.

jdm free 08-19-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfDelco (Post 1014887)
I'll start it off.

I don't vote. I never registered and never plan to. I consider myself a liberal independent. I side mostly with Democratic viewpoints yet I also have a couple more traditional conservative values. I HATE that the Republican party has been hi-jacked by Ultra-Conservative Christian Right Wing Fanatics... and I HATE that the Democratic party has been hi-jacked by the ACLU and is completely focused on unraveling the idea of social responsibility (ie. the parents of the 14 y/o girl that died in Philly, SUING DHS and the city for her death...when they were at fault).

I really can't stand politicas as usual in American, and I don't like politicians because they ALL lie and break their own moral values to win.

That said, its clear to me that what America needs now is a change from the "Old boys Club" and the Status quo, and Obama is clearly more well positioned to do that.

How so? Simply by stating he is for change... that is something McCain won't say. Because McCain doesn't really want to change things, but rather to protect the interests of those who support him: the top 2% of income earners, the NRA, big business (including oil and pharmaceuticals) defense/weapons firms, etc... The fact that Obama talks about change, means that he is OPEN to hearing the real issues of common american people, and doing what he can to improve them.

Obama is more level-headed, and less likely to make emotional, irrational decisions than his seasoned (jaded) counterpart. I used to really like McCain, around 2000... but I have witnessed him compromise so many of his ideals in order to fit into mainstream republican circles, that I've lost all respect for him.

Also, its as simple as: Obama wants out of Iraq (and never wanted to go in the 1st place), McCAin wants a permanent presence in Iraq (and still doesn't see/admit to the flawed thinking that led up to our invasion in the first place).

Do i think McCAin would be a horrible pres? No, not really. But it would just be another 4 years of painful, downward spiraling idiocy at the hands of the GOP. Its not McCain i'd be as worried about, but the people he would be forced to surround himself with in his cabinet...And the Supreme court justice he might appoint.

If you dont vote why the hell are you in this thread and your opinion is pointless. i hate people who complain about politics and govt and dont exercise their right to vote. it doesnt matter if they both suck, you should atleast vote for the better of two evils as you seem to think they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAOS (Post 1014890)
if you dont vote, the rest of your post is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY POINTLESS.

agreed

PoorMan'sR 08-19-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM (Post 1014904)
i also think that if obama wins, he'll be assassinated very shortly after either the victory or after taking office in january.

unfortunately i agree with you on that one, the older generation of America is not ready for a president of color yet

pearl 08-19-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMan'sR (Post 1014911)
unfortunately i agree with you on that one, the older generation of America is not ready for a president of color yet

even 50 said it! he was gonna vote for clinton lul

PoorMan'sR 08-19-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearl (Post 1014912)
even 50 said it! he was gonna vote for clinton lul

hahaha i didn't know that

97TurboDSM 08-19-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMan'sR (Post 1014911)

no generation is ready for a black president, or a female president for that matter. and definitely not a black/female combo in the white house.

PoorMan'sR 08-19-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM (Post 1014922)
no generation is ready for a black president, or a female president for that matter. and definitely not a black/female combo in the white house.

i like to think that the younger generations have at least come far enough to be able to handle a black male as president

97TurboDSM 08-19-2008 02:00 PM

i think you're giving them too much credit...