TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   TST Media Coverage (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   TST's Coverage of The 4th Annual Sonic Meet, benefiting Make-A-Wish (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98407)

twastheglow 05-05-2010 09:55 PM

Results yet?

Vinny 05-05-2010 11:28 PM

Awesome pics! Caught me in the middle of chewing >.< Aerial shot FTW!

datblueteg 05-06-2010 12:09 AM

there is a couple of pictures of me but none of my car!!! wtf i guess you guys dont like integras!

great wright up. and awesome pictures!

Mishimoto 05-06-2010 09:54 AM

Which Integra was yours? I may possibly have taken a picture of it.

TROLL 05-06-2010 02:13 PM

added one more photo! its at the bottom, of all (most) of the raffle prize winners! :)

twastheglow 05-06-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLL (Post 1723838)
added one more photo! its at the bottom, of all (most) of the raffle prize winners! :)

...$?

TROLL 05-06-2010 02:36 PM

Haha Mike... keeping me in line I see. I jussst got off the phone with Sonic to get their numbers and was able to add up a grand total... drumroll please...

The 4th Annual Sonic Meet raised $5,039.48 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation! Thank you so much to all of our awesome sponsors, Sonic of Morgantown, and to everyone who came out and contributed to an amazing day with 1,000 cars in attendance!

twastheglow 05-06-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLL (Post 1723862)
Haha Mike... keeping me in line I see. I jussst got off the phone with Sonic to get their numbers and was able to add up a grand total... drumroll please...

The 4th Annual Sonic Meet raised $5,039.48 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation! Thank you so much to all of our awesome sponsors, Sonic of Morgantown, and to everyone who came out and contributed to an amazing day with 1,000 cars in attendance!

:lol: Sorry. I was just quite interested.

And that is AWESOME!!! Props to everyone involved...from organizers to sponsors to attendees!!!

DGspoolin 05-06-2010 05:16 PM

we will have to set a goal for next year to beat that i already told my uncle about it for next year and he informt low rollers the car club he runs with they do alot of charity show he said they are in for next year

05suby 05-07-2010 03:48 AM

thats awesome.

Soda Popinski 05-07-2010 03:58 AM

I got a ton of work to do on my engine bay if I want to even come close to some of those cars. I can't believe I missed this, but with the layoff and the move and all... ah hell. I'll be there next year.

DeceptiveDreamz 05-10-2010 01:29 PM

Awesome Picz!!! Great Wright Up!!!! Despite the rain last year, we still had a good time, but this year.......it was amazing!!! We can't wait till the next one!!! It will only get bigger and better!!! DD

Xclusive_Russ 05-11-2010 12:31 AM

Mind if I post up a video from the meet?

http://vimeo.com/11639329

TROLL 05-12-2010 01:15 PM

I added one more important paragraph to the article above that I think everyone would be interested to know :)

"Make-A-Wish informed me that 100% of the donation will go toward wishes, none of it will go toward administrative or operating costs which is great to hear since that is not common among charitable organizations. They also said that based on the average cost of a wish in their region, we were able to donate 1 1/2 wishes to them! This is pretty incredible and really puts things into perspective on things; it should make everyone involved feel great about their participation in the event knowing they were able to make a full wish come true for a very deserving child, plus more. We're hoping to stay in touch with Make-A-Wish and hear from them about a wish they were able to grant as a result of The Sonic Meet this year."

datblueteg 05-12-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mishimoto (Post 1723547)
Which Integra was yours? I may possibly have taken a picture of it.

it was the one parked neer the m3 with the dick on the side lol. its a red 94 with white mesh rims.

DGspoolin 05-12-2010 02:38 PM

thats awesome guys.... told my dads boss about this event (he works at a fab shop) he said im suppose to get with him next year about it and he might want to make i donation on behalf of the company so im making sure that more ppl know about it for next year.... the only thing is maybe we want to have sonic expand there parking lot lol i dont know if many more cars will fit in there we pretty much had it packed and then some

key 05-15-2010 09:16 AM

awesome photos. I love the black Evo w. white rims on.

FoxMarketingCar 05-19-2010 03:43 PM

I loved bring out the IS F & IS C to the event. I had a chance to talk to a ton of car nuts like me and can't wait for next year. It is a great thing you are doing to keep the tuner scene doing. We need more guys like you brother, thank you!!

TROLL 05-24-2010 07:07 PM

Thanks Brian and everyone who brought their awesome rides out to the event. Huge success and its a product of the great community we have here coming together to make it happen. Look forward to even bigger and better next year!

I added the following to the first post but wanted to make sure that no one misses it... pretty nice letter I got from MAW :):
Quote:

edit: 5/24/10.
Got a nice letter from Make A Wish that I wanted to share with everyone. This only referenced the donation jar at the event, not the total amount that we raised, but there's a very nice story in here about one of the "wish kids."
http://www.tristatetuners.com/images...kyouletter.jpg

Mishimoto 05-25-2010 11:28 AM

Bryan, it seems as if they really do make an effort to show their appreciation. Thanks for posting up the letter.

Again, I had a blast and cannot wait for next year! Maybe next year my car will be looking pretty enough to be put in plain view for everyone to see! haha