TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Welcome to TriStateTuners (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Not new, but introducing myself (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71829)

turbotaloon95 01-08-2009 10:56 AM

Not new, but introducing myself

I've been posting on this forum here and there, but never really introduced myself. So I figured I'd post a little bit about me...well more about my cars ;)

I'm 25 and have been through a number of cars since I was 17. Here's a quick rundown of what I can remember...

1) 1998 Camaro V6 auto (first car...I knew nothing)
2) 1987 Blazer K5 Silverado. Lifted, big tires, big motor, lots of rust, lots of fun
3) 2002 Acura RSX. My first "new" car that I took out a loan on. Fun to drive, good on gas.
4) 1999 VW GTI VR6. 200K+ miles and still ran fine! Lowered, exhaust, subs.
5) 1995 Talon TSI AWD. Where I first started to really mod cars. Mostly stock.
6) 2001 Acura CL. It was cheap and I thought I was cool.
7) 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS. Supercharged. My first brand new car. Smaller pulley, bigger injectors, and a MAF translater went a long way.
8) 1995 Talon TSI AWD #2. This is my baby. More info below. Still own.
9) 1990 Talon TSI FWD. Bought this not running to fix up, but it required massive motor work so I sold it.
10) 2003 Evo 8. I loved this car. Mostly stock. Good tires. Took it autox-ing. Totalled it into a tree because of a freakin' deer.
11) 2003 VW GTI 1.8t. Bought this after I totalled the evo for cheap. Good car but needed some maintenance. Decided I hate working on german cars.
12) 2008 Chevy Cobalt SS turbocharged. They are cheap, it's brand new, looks good, and goes pretty fast. Still stock. Currently own.

Ok, so that's it I think. I may have forgotten a car or two. Right now I still own the 08 cobalt and 95 talon #2.

Cobalt:
99.999% stock
TWM short shifter
9K miles
14.2 @101MPH

Talon:
In the midst of a motor swap, but will be:
6 bolt swap
Ross 8.5:1 pistons
Eagle Rods
Clevite bearings
BC 272 cams
FP 3150 turbo
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
880cc injectors
DSMLink
SSAC FMIC
2gb front bumper
Eibach springs
Tokiko shocks
Various gauges including WB
Custom shortened short shifter with shifter bushings
Other misc DSM mods
12.5 @ 103MPH

I'm hoping to have the Talon back on the road within a month's time. When the weather gets warmer I'll post up some pics of these beauties.

Anyway, that's me!

TalonTsi97 01-08-2009 11:41 AM

I've seen you around on a few dsm forums if i am correct. How do you like the new turbo 'balt over the s/c one? Post up some pics when you can. I'd like to see a few of your cars.

twastheglow 01-08-2009 11:49 AM

Welcome.

05OCsrt-4 01-08-2009 12:05 PM

welcome

BlkWhtTSI 01-08-2009 12:33 PM

another DSM owner allllriight welcome

omgjacki 01-08-2009 06:00 PM

Welcome to TST

ndubz 01-09-2009 03:46 AM

Ha, Introducing urself after u been around a while FTW!!!!!
Welcome, good sir, to Tri State Tuners. there are many forums on here with discussions in them that u are encouraged to take place in.
But try not to make stupid threads, start pissing matches with ppl, and for god sake DONT piss off the moderators.
Enjoy ur time here with us if there is anything we can do for u, um........ask someone else cuz I have stuff to do.

Hello again and thank you for choosing TST :thumbup:

turbosmac02 01-09-2009 08:27 AM

welcome again.

lownslow95 01-09-2009 08:34 AM

Welcome to TST.

Ender81 01-09-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndubz (Post 1221409)
try not to make stupid threads, start pissing matches with ppl, and for god sake DONT piss off the moderators.

I like that lol. (now it's my sig lol)

Welcome to TST, dare I ask which H-town NJ you are from?

turbotaloon95 01-09-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndubz (Post 1221409)
Ha, Introducing urself after u been around a while FTW!!!!!
Welcome, good sir, to Tri State Tuners. there are many forums on here with discussions in them that u are encouraged to take place in.
But try not to make stupid threads, start pissing matches with ppl, and for god sake DONT piss off the moderators.
Enjoy ur time here with us if there is anything we can do for u, um........ask someone else cuz I have stuff to do.

Hello again and thank you for choosing TST :thumbup:

Thanks! I've been around enough car forums to know not to piss off people or ask stupid questions. Use the search button, etc. If any of you have been on the DSMTuners forum you'll know what I mean. Sometimes they can be like nazi's with the rules and such. I spend the whole last summer trying to get a positive rating so I could post in more forums...crazy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ender81 (Post 1221467)
I like that lol. (now it's my sig lol)

Welcome to TST, dare I ask which H-town NJ you are from?

Hackettstown NJ FTW!

Thanks guys for the welcome. I have to dig around my 'puter for pics of the old cars. Then I'll post them and some of the current cars. Hopefully in a month or so I can post pics of the Talon while it's running!

turbotaloon95 01-09-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalonTsi97 (Post 1220067)
I've seen you around on a few dsm forums if i am correct. How do you like the new turbo 'balt over the s/c one? Post up some pics when you can. I'd like to see a few of your cars.

I love the new 'balt compared to the old one. Acceleration is much smoother and more powerful up top. Handling is a million times better. I like the new seats better than the old leather ones. I'm not a huge fan of the radio layout and the cheap plastic, but you get what you get for that price. Also the OEM Continental tires are poop. I had a few issues when I first bought the car, but it seems to be doing just fine now.

I'd like to do a few minor mods to it like TBE, hard IC piping, and eibach springs. That's probably it.

Scapegoat 01-09-2009 11:39 AM

omghai!

Vr-4-Life 01-09-2009 11:42 AM

nice to e-meet you

Kerplunk105 01-09-2009 11:47 AM

Welcome :)

BugEyeGuy 01-09-2009 11:48 AM

damn ditched the 03 VW and totalled the evo I like everything you listed except the cobalts... ahh!

turbotaloon95 01-09-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugEyeGuy (Post 1221621)
damn ditched the 03 VW and totalled the evo I like everything you listed except the cobalts... ahh!

Whats wrong with the cobalts??

BugEyeGuy 01-09-2009 11:58 AM

ughh no offense at all i just hate the way they look and i'm mad they turbo'd it now shoulda stayed supercharged im just a domestic car hater unless it's a really nice camaro, firebird, corvette, trans am I like German and Japanese cars anything european they just know what style and performance is all about

turbotaloon95 01-09-2009 12:54 PM

hey man, no offense taken. everyone is entitled to their own point of view. but why would you want to keep it supercharged? with the supercharged models, there wasn't much room for improvement without swapping to another supercharger. Yea you could gain 50 or so hp with just a pulley and injectors, but there wasn't much after that. with the new turbo design and new direct fuel injection system they have, there is much more room for improvement. you can run the stock turbo and run about 350whp. a turbo swap will take you until the motor blows up.

Got Insulin? 01-09-2009 01:26 PM

Welcome. Always nice to see some more DSMs aorund the board. The 2Gb bumper you metionted better be a 2gB TALON bumper though, or, well, you're gay. lol

Welcome!