TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Car Related Chat (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Need Help finding a car with strict criteria (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129310)

c7scayman 01-30-2013 03:18 PM

Need Help finding a car with strict criteria

Im helping my gf buy a car and she is VERY picky.

Requirements

Blue or white Interior Lights. blue preferred.
AWD or FWD that is good in snow. AWD highly preferred.
Vanity Mirror in sun visors must have their own lights.(center ceiling lights not enough)
High quality interior with no obvious cheap plastics(we looked at Impreza but cup holder area had cheap plastic feel and look, and it had red interior lights and a very noisy CVT and no vanity mirror lights)
Sunglasses holder in ceiling.
Reliable
Over 32mpg highway. Car or SUV or hatchback. No station wagons or Minivans.
Must have more than 155hp and accept regular 87 octane gas.
ALL Black interior with Leather Heated Seats. White exterior.
Sunroof/moonroof preferred but not required.
USB port preferred, which is now standard on most new cars for charging phones or playing music off iPod.
Japanese or German. She refuses to buy American or Korean branded cars eventhough she likes the Hyundai Veloster Turbo and Genesis Coupe 2.0T.
Max budget. $26000. Prefer to spend less. Slightly used 2012 cars are okay but brand new cars are preferred.
Manual trans or Automatic no preference.

Closest cars we found were the 2014 Mazda 6 and 2013 Skyactive Mazda 3, but they are FWD only and have red interior lights with the new Mazda 6 having white lights. CX-5 was another choice, but it was $2,500 over budget in AWD trim and $5000 over budget with leather heated seats and sunroof. CX-5 is still the strongest contender so far. I think I can get them to bring the price down to $26k with strong haggling.

We do not care for GPS, HD radio, cruise control, back up camera's, or other tech.

She now drives an 01 Altima. 155hp KA24DE. She wants it to be faster, quieter, better handling, and better on gas than her Altima.

Keep in mind this girl likes Evo's and STI's and GTI's and 350z's. She would never go for a Suzuki or other econobox. She wants something that looks sporty, aggresive, and handles well.

b15mike 01-30-2013 03:24 PM

has she thought about the new kia optimas forte or even sonata ? maybe velosetor turbo ? I don't know how there priced but there nice cars great interior and blue lights in the Hyundai sonata and velosotor

jpalamar 01-30-2013 03:32 PM

Step 1. Log off TST
Step 2. Call g/f and tell her to drive her ass to the dealers and look around
Step 3. Drink beers
Step 4. When she comes home with a new car say its nice no matter what.
Step 5. Sex in the new car

If this fails find one that isn't a PITA.

Step 6. Post nudes in the GB
Step 7. Find some strainge

mg23 01-30-2013 03:40 PM

get a new gf...

AWD GS 01-30-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mg23 (Post 2190809)
get a new gf...

seriously. thats a lot of demands.

i would say get a luxury car because my lexus had all those except it took premium gas

grimm 01-30-2013 03:47 PM

Mazda 3's are close to what you've listed that except they have red interior dash lighting with blue/ white accent lights. Red is really much better for your eyes at night then any other color. But either way I'm sure you change out the lights to any color LED you want.

Are her preferences listed in any particular order. for instance are the lights of the dash more important then the mpg rating?

2g Talon 01-30-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpalamar (Post 2190807)
Step 1. Log off TST
Step 2. Call g/f and tell her to drive her ass to the dealers and look around
Step 3. Drink beers
Step 4. When she comes home with a new car say its nice no matter what.
Step 5. Sex in the new car

If this fails find one that isn't a PITA.

^ this. Chick needs to give up some luxuries in sacrifice of one or more of those criteria. Its called compromising.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

jpalamar 01-30-2013 03:52 PM

^ I added more steps that I think you will like

... and pics of g/f. 7 posts in and nobody said this yet. We are slacking on TST lately.

c7scayman 01-30-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b15mike (Post 2190805)
has she thought about the new kia optimas forte or even sonata ? maybe velosetor turbo ? I don't know how there priced but there nice cars great interior and blue lights in the Hyundai sonata and velosotor

Yeah, we actually drove into the Subaru/Mazda dealership with a 2012 Sonata rental car(because of snow on my drive to visit her in MD), which had the smooth ride and blue interior lights and USB, but she hated how it looked and she hated the feel of the gas pedal, which was a bit heavy and therefor it makes you accelerate slow.

@mg23. That is not happening. I'm marrying this girl soon. I already got the house and ring. She is an engineer, latina, and she likes cars and super smash brothers. I can't possibly ask for more.

I am as picky as her when it comes to spending $26k on a car. It took her 3 years of careful saving to be able to afford a new car in that price range.

But yeah, the Mazda's are still the strongest contenders to meet most of her wish list. I was just wondering if there were cars I forgot. The new Accord also seems to be a good contender, but we have not test driven it yet. I drove an 08 Accord Coupe V6 a few months ago and I was blown away by how good it was.

@grim. No they are not listed in any particular order.

@jpalamar. I would post a pic, but I don't want anyone saving the pic for unmentionable purposes. And I will try to complete step 5 in your list.

jpalamar 01-30-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c7scayman (Post 2190824)
@jpalamar. I would post a pic, but I don't want anyone saving the pic for unmentionable purposes. And I will try to complete step 5 in your list.

Word.

schaffer 01-30-2013 05:42 PM

car shopping with most women is terrible.

My buddies sister was trying to buy a new car about four years ago. All she wanted was four door and good gas mileage. Literally tons of cars fit the bill but she wouldn't like cars over the stupidest things, like the tail lights are too square, or the way the radio was laid out. After about four trips to the dealers we told her to buy her own damn car.

gaylant 01-30-2013 07:55 PM

This thread just proves another reason chick's shouldn't drive...

Higu 01-30-2013 08:05 PM

2012 Mazda 6S

274hp, smooth as silk, 28mpg, 87 octane, nice soft touch materials, sunglass holder, vanity mirrors lit, heated leather seats, everything you said up there. plus some really nice extras

OutToWinPAHC 01-30-2013 08:06 PM

Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.

lownslow95 01-30-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC (Post 2190878)
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.

:rotfl:

renn 01-30-2013 09:13 PM

up until 2010 VW's had blue dash lights.

get her a CPO 2009 jetta.

boom problem solved.

jnr5005 01-30-2013 09:28 PM

You guys should have gone to the auto show! My first thoughts were the new Altima, Camry SE, Accord, VWs, I bet most of those would fit the constraints and are decent quality but I don't know about the interior lights color. My jetta has white guages but I forget what color buttons lol they could be red. You can change that though anyway just buy led replacements.

c7scayman 01-31-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnr5005 (Post 2190888)
You guys should have gone to the auto show! My first thoughts were the new Altima, Camry SE, Accord, VWs, I bet most of those would fit the constraints and are decent quality but I don't know about the interior lights color. My jetta has white guages but I forget what color buttons lol they could be red. You can change that though anyway just buy led replacements.

Yeah this was the first Philly autoshow I missed in the past 7 years. We went snowboarding in the mountains instead. We test drove a Rabbit/Golf and Jetta. But it was filled with hard plastics. They looked dull. The new VW Golf R has a nice quality interior and AWD and almost everything else we wanted, but $35,000!!!

grimm 01-31-2013 12:50 PM

how about a TSX?

jpalamar 01-31-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimm (Post 2190949)
how about a TSX?

They take premium and are glorified Civics. I do find it odd they can spend $25k on a car and are concerned over 30 cents extra a gallon though.