TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spotted! (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   "NEON KILLER" on the Turnpike (w/pic) (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21369)

MrGudbar99 10-10-2006 12:10 AM

"NEON KILLER" on the Turnpike (w/pic)

it was dark so its blurry, i was stuck in traffic for an hour, and all i had was my cell. but yeah, thats a blue 4 door riced out civic with blue neon lights, a muffler...i think that was it besides the body kit.

anyway, you can't make it out, but that sticker says NEON KILLER in proud blue bold letters. that was a needed laugh after a long day.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...09-06_2128.jpg

LilRedVDub 10-10-2006 07:49 AM

Thats funny! I hope he was talking about neon lights?

smoger 10-10-2006 08:56 AM

thats funny, like beating a neon is anything to brag about :lol: i think i could beat mine on foot, at least until i got tired :rofl:

similiarly ive seen a few cars with "civic killer" stickers. do people really think neons and civics are fast? :lol:

ToyotaTat 10-10-2006 08:58 AM

yea that picture does suck ass. i wouldn't brag about being a neon killer either, maybe, maybe, an srt-4 killer, but jst syaing neon really isnt saying much at all. RICE

Evo8kid 10-10-2006 01:07 PM

HAHAHA neon killer

Gorilla Unit 33 10-10-2006 01:11 PM

idiot

GLHWCU 10-10-2006 02:13 PM

okay speaking for the civic and neon audience, no we do not think we are that fast. That is why most people who drive these cars are usually a holes (due to they are mad that their car cannot keep up). Those people ar4e where the term ricers come from and give us other people bad names. Yes i drive a civic, yes i have an undergrlow kit and no i am not gay. See if i had a sticker that said neon killer, id be proud cause i could be another car, or same otherwise with the neon. They are happy they might be able to beat another car.

HatchSurfer3 10-10-2006 02:25 PM

It wasn't baby blue was it? I can't really tell from the pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLHWCU (Post 334363)
okay speaking for the civic and neon audience, no we do not think we are that fast. That is why most people who drive these cars are usually a holes (due to they are mad that their car cannot keep up). Those people ar4e where the term ricers come from and give us other people bad names. Yes i drive a civic, yes i have an undergrlow kit and no i am not gay. See if i had a sticker that said neon killer, id be proud cause i could be another car, or same otherwise with the neon. They are happy they might be able to beat another car.

Dude WTF mate, my car is fast i hell, i can beat neons, cavaliers, and even elantra's on a good day!

smoger 10-10-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLHWCU (Post 334363)

actually *most* people i see driving neons and civics are just driver's going to work or to the store. but.. , a lot of people who think a fart can makes your car fast do buy them too. i just cant figure it out,.. its like these people live in an alternate world or something. civics and neons aren't fast, and if your car can beat them, it's nothing to be that excited about.

its like wearing a tshirt that says "i can beat paris hilton in an eating contest"

MrGudbar99 10-10-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HatchSurfer3 (Post 334375)
It wasn't baby blue was it? I can't really tell from the pic

Dude WTF mate, my car is fast i hell, i can beat neons, cavaliers, and even elantra's on a good day!

hahaha:lol:

it was dark blue. the guy looked to be in his 30s, kinda heavy set, hat on backwards. the front fascia had those huge fog lights like on the evo 5, a huge wing...of course, and clear tails. that's all i remember. oh, and how can i forget that god awful sound of the fart can. ugh.

JSeoul 10-10-2006 03:08 PM

But long as he likes his car, i guess thats all that matters.

GLHWCU 10-10-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSeoul (Post 334409)
But long as he likes his car, i guess thats all that matters.

I agree 110%

GLHWCU 10-10-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoger (Post 334395)
actually *most* people i see driving neons and civics are just driver's going to work or to the store. but.. , a lot of people who think a fart can makes your car fast do buy them too. i just cant figure it out,.. its like these people live in an alternate world or something. civics and neons aren't fast, and if your car can beat them, it's nothing to be that excited about.

its like wearing a tshirt that says "i can beat paris hilton in an eating contest"

I got my rear lights tinted, debadged, catbak, and a ram air. Dont i fall into that? lol

Honduh 10-10-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoger (Post 334395)
civics and neons aren't fast, and if your car can beat them, it's nothing to be that excited about.

who says a civic can't be fast? sure stock they aren't that fast at all, but with a swap or boost they can be very quick and sometimes lethal, and can be done for much less than buying a new car.

hell your srt4 isn't fast, sure its quick, but even a 13.9 isn't that great at all. also you need to think that without the civic, theres a good chance there'd be no such thing as the new "tuner" cars america is now seeing.

Cypher 10-10-2006 10:05 PM

swaps alone won't make a honduh fast.

Honduh 10-10-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cypher (Post 334752)
swaps alone won't make a honduh fast.

Dude k swapped civics can roll on evo's, also im not trying to rely on the K to back myself up because its not the cheapest swap. B series can be had for cheap and with a mild build can be in the 13's. And im not saying with just a swap can a civic be fast, but they can be quick, and with boost they can be killer street machines. EpicTuning went 11.81 with a EF that had a z6 swap that had stock internals besides for arp head studs on 17psi.

Anyone who trys to say that ALL civics are slow needs to open their eyes and not focus on the idiots rolling with altezza's and apc mufflers.

Cypher 10-10-2006 11:28 PM

i wasn't saying they were slow. just saying you can't rely on swaps. and i hate the k20 motor.

Honduh 10-10-2006 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cypher (Post 334863)
i wasn't saying they were slow. just saying you can't rely on swaps. and i hate the k20 motor.

i wasn't saying to rely on swaps, i was just saying a swapped civic can be quick, not fast.

and please tell me in detail why you hate the most mod friendly motor honda has put out?

GLHWCU 10-10-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honduh (Post 334870)
i wasn't saying to rely on swaps, i was just saying a swapped civic can be quick, not fast.

wow for once someone sees it my way.

Honduh 10-10-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLHWCU (Post 334882)
wow for once someone sees it my way.

lol its ok don't worry about the big meanies.

anyone can go buy a sti, evo, srt4 and go fast with it with a few minor upgrades.

but it takes guts and some mechanical knowhow to buy a 90hp civic and make it run just as fast if not faster then those $20,000+ cars. :wink: