TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Forza 4 discussion thread (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108813)

dudewheresmycar 01-15-2011 11:47 PM

Forza 4 discussion thread

I didn't see any threads about forza 4 so i made one here.

I just want them to put tires that actully grip for drag racing.it"ll also be nice to play forza using the kinect sensor.

what do you guys think?

jesse096 01-15-2011 11:49 PM

Is it ONLY for Kinect? Or can you use a regular controller/racing wheel?

If I can, I'm DEFF gonna get it...

-Jesse

dudewheresmycar 01-15-2011 11:56 PM

you can use a regular controller but you can also use the kinect sensor to look inside the cars or check out the wheels and lips etc.its supposed to show the detail in the cars

jesse096 01-16-2011 12:00 AM

I'm definitely gonna get it then, might pick up the kinect...

-Jesse

dudewheresmycar 01-16-2011 12:27 AM

i have the 360 with kinect and a wii.kinect is way better imho,but forzas good either way. i just hope they up the customization and enhance the drag racing.

jesse096 01-16-2011 11:08 AM

And add drifting, cause drifting in Forza 3 is hard as hell!

-Jesse

liberta 01-24-2011 04:03 AM

i like the physics for drifting in F3...

BUT WE NEED REALISTIC TIRE SMOKE!

And the ability to make custom button maps for controller would be nice too. LB isnt really nice for rolling on the clutch... and the controller maps that use Trigger/Joystick for clutch have, imo, horrible button placement for shift buttons, throttle, handbrake, etc.

Like if i could keep Controller Setting 1(default), but make L Trigger the clutch/L Bumper the brakes(not really necessary for drag racing), It'd make controller launches in Drag exponentially easier. Especially with TCS off.

jesse096 01-24-2011 12:05 PM

I use controller map 12, it uses the LT for clutch, right joystick for throttle/brake, and RB for up shift, and LB for downshift, makes it a whole lot easier for me, cause I can downshift in a turn without taking my finger off the brake.

-Jesse

liberta 01-24-2011 12:51 PM

Yea same, its ok, but it could be a lot better.

An ideal setup for me would be LT as clutch, RT as gas, B as upshift, X as downshift, and A as handbrake.

I can't stand the joystick ones tho. My driving style won't allow it.

I start to roll throttle on before I start to even let go of the brakes, pretty much brake boosting the car out of the turn. Can't do that if brake/gas are the same joystick. And the other one where the Cluch/handbrake are the joystick... Its easy to roll the clutch on, but I use clutch/hb to initiate a lot of my drifts, especially in cars with less than 250hp.

DPancoast 03-03-2013 08:00 AM

Bump it up. Just picked up this and a new Xbox yesterday. So far I like the look and feel, however I got the version that comes with the 250gb slim package and don't have a lot of cars. I have to get 400 ms points if I want the dlc