TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I'm so impatient I cry myself to sleep (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102728)

twastheglow 08-11-2010 06:37 PM

I'm so impatient I cry myself to sleep

Why must USPS mind **** me? I bought wheels from a guy in Poland back in mid July. On July 21st I received my USPS tracking numbers. Those damn numbers didn't even show up in USPS's website until August 4th stating my items left Pruszcz Gdanski Wer, Poland. I have not seen an update since!!!! Ugh! I'm not even sure my wheels are on a ship yet...although I'm assuming so since it's been a week now with no new progress. Has anyone ever bought anything from eastern Europe and had to wait what seems like forever to get it?!?!

J.Ralli 08-11-2010 06:38 PM

i ordered a lip from japan.... took 2 months lol

twastheglow 08-11-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ralli (Post 1794509)

Yeah, see that's the thing. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't think this was a huge deal or even that out of the ordinary...but the guy I bought the wheels from refinishes wheels and sells them to people in the US all the time. He said the last time he sold wheels to a guy in the States it took 20 days to get to California.

Hey, J, did the 2 months begin when you placed the order or after you received any sort of tracking numbers?

mitsuboost30 08-11-2010 06:49 PM

with something like wheels.. being large boxes and heavy.. its going to take awhile..... thats what happens when stuff is shipped overseas with the postal service vs a shipping company....

twastheglow 08-11-2010 06:50 PM

I guess my lack of understanding the time line/process is what frustrates me.

For example, now that they're in USPS possession, are they going to be scanned again before being put on a ship...are they already on a ship? How long does the trip take by ship from Poland to the US (I read roughly 6 days)? Once they are received in the US, will they be scanned again before going through customs...just to let me know they've made it to US soil? If they get scanned before customs, do they get scanned again after they've been released? I guess my point is, they were scanned in on August 4th...are they just going to magically show up on my doorstep without me knowing they're even here?

twastheglow 08-11-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitsuboost30 (Post 1794514)
with something like wheels.. being large boxes and heavy.. its going to take awhile..... thats what happens when stuff is shipped overseas with the postal service vs a shipping company....

What's an appropriate amount of time it should take (before I get too annoyed)?

Like I said, I'm really just a baby whom has no patience.

mitsuboost30 08-11-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twastheglow (Post 1794517)
What's an appropriate amount of time it should take (before I get too annoyed)?

Like I said, I'm really just a baby whom has no patience.

haha like i didnt notice :D

ATLEAST a month

twastheglow 08-11-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitsuboost30 (Post 1794519)
haha like i didnt notice :D

ATLEAST a month

hahahaha :wink: Indeed. I'm wearing big boy Pull-Ups as we type. :mrgreen:

Should I count the 2 weeks between when I received the tracking numbers and when they were scanned in? LOL! The seller called them up on August 3rd asking them what the ****'s up and they told him they were just about to be loaded on a ship. Then the very next day they were showing up in the USPS system.

mitsuboost30 08-11-2010 07:03 PM

depending on how long it takes to load that ship.. then a few days to reach the us.. then customs.. then the usps time to get it to you...

DC2.2GSR 08-11-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ralli (Post 1794509)

2 months? well thats your fault then, you screwed up, you should have asked for the 'overnight parts from japan' option when ordering.

http://pic.phyrefile.com/2008/01/02/chadlindberg.jpg

twastheglow 08-11-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR (Post 1794526)
2 months? well thats your fault then, you screwed up, you should have asked for the 'overnight parts from japan' option when ordering.

hahahahahah Touche!

twastheglow 08-11-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitsuboost30 (Post 1794525)
depending on how long it takes to load that ship.. then a few days to reach the us.. then customs.. then the usps time to get it to you...

So let's say 2 days to load the ship...ie, the ship left on the 6th. Then 6 days to reach the US...ie, the 12th. Then 2 days for US customs to release the items...ie, the 14th. Then 2-3 days max to get the items on my doorstep...ie, the 16th/17th. Am I within the realm of normal calculations?

J.Ralli 08-11-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twastheglow (Post 1794513)
Yeah, see that's the thing. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't think this was a huge deal or even that out of the ordinary...but the guy I bought the wheels from refinishes wheels and sells them to people in the US all the time. He said the last time he sold wheels to a guy in the States it took 20 days to get to California.

Hey, J, did the 2 months begin when you placed the order or after you received any sort of tracking numbers?

After i placed the order and paid. Atleast you got a tracking number, all i was told was that its on their next shipment and its sitting with customs and blah blah blah. try paying for it and not having a tracking number or anything lol

J.Ralli 08-11-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR (Post 1794526)

lol i dont have connections to get thru US customs like that!

twastheglow 08-11-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ralli (Post 1794542)
After i placed the order and paid. Atleast you got a tracking number, all i was told was that its on their next shipment and its sitting with customs and blah blah blah. try paying for it and not having a tracking number or anything lol

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to handle that. I paid way too much for these wheels not to know what's going on with them (tracking numbers). LOL But in all honesty, I still don't know. hahahaha

FocusDude 08-11-2010 07:46 PM

I was so glad to find my EDM headlamps locally. I've read about people who still have headlamps caught up in customs somewhere.

twastheglow 08-11-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusDude (Post 1794566)
I was so glad to find my EDM headlamps locally. I've read about people who still have headlamps caught up in customs somewhere.

Oh man, don't even tell me that!

J.Ralli 08-11-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twastheglow (Post 1794580)
Oh man, don't even tell me that!

ive had stuff get held up at customs, all you have to do is go up to JFK and pick it up

twastheglow 08-11-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ralli (Post 1794582)
ive had stuff get held up at customs, all you have to do is go up to JFK and pick it up

If that's a serious statement, I definitely would. But how would I know?

J.Ralli 08-11-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twastheglow (Post 1794600)
If that's a serious statement, I definitely would. But how would I know?

your tracking number will tell you it is at JFK airport customs, 90% of stuff into the US comes through customs in NY. all you have to do is contact them. If it is something illegal and you shouldnt be getting it they will send you a letter to pick it up where you get questioned and arrested, ignore those letters and take your loss! lol