TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Battlefield 3 (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119543)

AutobahnRacer 10-04-2011 11:38 PM

Battlefield 3

WHOS PLAYING IT!

Caps are fun. Anyway, beta is out and free to play. Sign up before they close it.

I am loving it.

DC2.2GSR 10-04-2011 11:48 PM

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...play.php?f=134

yep. i did it. i'm 'that guy'. :-p

(game looks sick though)

Spawne32 10-05-2011 12:50 AM

ive been particularly unhappy with the progress thus far with the beta, i didnt really expect this many bugs this far into it, especially with how soon we are for release. ive had nothing but driver issues and problems with origin and battlelog since i installed it. thats not even half the problems with the in game play as well, wtf with the flash lights really?

dumpleRL 10-05-2011 12:58 AM

playing on ps3 is awesome thus far

WolfsFang 10-05-2011 01:07 AM

Been playing on the pc and its awesome. Got everything on max but textures since they arent out in beta.

Burnt2Death 10-05-2011 01:08 AM

Ive been playing on ps3 and haven't had an issue at all. Can't wait for the full game!

Omar_MSP 10-05-2011 05:57 PM

Damn, i gotta plug my PS3 back online, I need a router bad.

accordguy04 10-05-2011 07:59 PM

Its ok... but I'd still take COD over it... but thats just my opinion. The graphics are great, but the gameplay seems a bit jumpy... maybe thats just the bugs in the beta.

2wdlaser 10-05-2011 09:11 PM

I play also on the ps3, way to many happy snipers but over all game and game play is pretty good. I think for my 2cents cod has way better multilayer but battlefield games have better campaigns. Just me though.

OMGz Turbo 10-05-2011 10:11 PM

Yeahhh...i guess im the lone xbox guy. Its fun to switch it up...but i highly doubt i would play this over MW3

06evors 10-05-2011 10:20 PM

Beta is basically unplayable. Either get dashborded or xbox freezes. Not fun.

AutobahnRacer 10-06-2011 07:50 AM

I have everything on Ultra @MaxResolution on pc (and my rig is not THAT great), only thing that screws me up is the motion blur, my card doesn't like it. I agree with the console owners though, the console version is a little disappointing, the PC is pretty damn good though. One thing I noticed thats common in both PC and console is that there are random flashes on the screen.

Note to PC players, some say this helped some say had adverse effects (for me it made a difference). Download the ATI/AMD or Nvidia Battlefield 3 Beta Video driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR (Post 2053565)
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...play.php?f=134

yep. i did it. i'm 'that guy'. :-p

(game looks sick though)

I know about that section ;-). I had everything typed there and said **** it. I cut and pasted it here. Nobody ever find that sub section.

WolfsFang 10-06-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer (Post 2054191)
I have everything on Ultra @MaxResolution on pc (and my rig is not THAT great), only thing that screws me up is the motion blur, my card doesn't like it. I agree with the console owners though, the console version is a little disappointing, the PC is pretty damn good though. One thing I noticed thats common in both PC and console is that there are random flashes on the screen.

Note to PC players, some say this helped some say had adverse effects (for me it made a difference). Download the ATI/AMD or Nvidia Battlefield 3 Beta Video driver.

I know about that section ;-). I had everything typed there and said **** it. I cut and pasted it here. Nobody ever find that sub section.

Dosent help i still get flashes and iv been running the AMD driver since it came out. Maybe its cuz i got 6950's crossfired and overclocked. Also the pc beta dosent have HD textures and all of the graphics settings yet. The beta code is also a month old so expect a huge improvement when the game comes out.

AutobahnRacer 10-06-2011 11:39 PM

You sure? I set everything back and forth between ultra and high and I see a massive difference.

Also as far as the drivers, I didn't state that clearly, the driver increases framerate, it doesnt fix the flashes.

WolfsFang 10-07-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer (Post 2054655)
You sure? I set everything back and forth between ultra and high and I see a massive difference.

Also as far as the drivers, I didn't state that clearly, the driver increases framerate, it doesnt fix the flashes.

Well i get less flashes but atleast once a round. Im thinking its because i am crossfired.

I unlocked claymores and they are the greatest thing ever for defenders.

AutobahnRacer 10-07-2011 07:46 AM

Found this. Just in case someone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TReZ2...layer_embedded

jpalamar 10-07-2011 08:18 AM

I loved BF2 but just didn't get into this one for some reason. I gave it a try and XBL and it just wasn't very smooth. Kinda sad with it so close to release this is the best they got it.

SpEcRv9 10-07-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpalamar (Post 2054738)
I loved BF2 but just didn't get into this one for some reason. I gave it a try and XBL and it just wasn't very smooth. Kinda sad with it so close to release this is the best they got it.

You're probably talking about bad company 2....completely different than BF3.

jpalamar 10-07-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 (Post 2054741)
You're probably talking about bad company 2....completely different than BF3.

Yea, it was BC2 that I played for so long. Actually just got started playing MW2 again because you can only play the same game so long before you just need a change.

SpEcRv9 10-07-2011 08:28 AM

So you started playing COD? Rofl.