TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   where are my golfers? (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105328)

300zx_tt 10-18-2010 11:28 PM

where are my golfers?

there has to be some golfers on this site. i love golf so wanted to start a random thread about it, info on what clubs you use the balls you use and where you go to play a round
ill start, i have a set of tommy armour royal scot clubs but i use a ping g15 driver a nike sv tour lob wedge 60 degree loft and an odyssey white hot xg putter nothing to fancy
i usually play at center square, skippack or worcester depending on how much $$ i have

Anyway discuss :thumbup:

jpalamar 10-19-2010 09:21 AM

I use the club they give me at the mini-golf place. Thats where my knowledge ends.

HickRocket1258 10-19-2010 09:32 AM

That's one thing I have been wanting to take up, but of course, time is always my issue.

ambitiousCK 10-19-2010 09:45 AM

I golf every now and then, Nike Victory Red irons, Nike OZ6 putter, Nike SQ Sumo2 driver. Usually go for some type of Nike ball but i use whats available to me at the time. I play at courses around Reading/Lancaster PA.

Foolinaround 10-19-2010 10:09 AM

My dad golfs once a week,so he bought me clubs since im left handed. I play a few times a year? We usually play best ball but it is a lot of fun. I believe we use top flight balls,no idea what kinda clubs. Ive played scotland run,wildwood country club,pine hill,tavistock(spelling?)

gtsiawd96 10-19-2010 02:38 PM

Well its a shame.. Golf used to be my life. Than I golfed myself out and haven't touched a club in over a year. Working at a for course 8 years, playing in your free time and playing for school got old and after a while I just couldn't stand being at the course anymore. lol. When I left I was a 5 handicap. Average player could have been much better had I reallllly practiced. Started when I could walk, Grandfather would take me Blue Heron Pines, hes still a Starter/Ranger there. Played varsity golf all through highschool and worked at Sea Oaks Golf Club for 8 years since opening day on June 2000.

I was actually just thinking about trying to get out the other day too. I'll have to brush the dust off my clubs. My setup up, Ping carry bag, Titleist 983K 9.5 driver, Ping 3 wood, Titleist 981 irons, 56degree wedge, 60 degree wedge, ping blade putter. Usually play pro v1's also.

I've played most courses in south jersey and few in PA.

SuperSlow764 10-19-2010 03:15 PM

cleveland hibore xl driver, tm burner 3 wood, tm burner 3 & 4 hybrids, cobra fp irons, warrior 52 and 56 wedges, vokey spin milled 60 wedge. I usually play like a bridgestone e5, tm burner tp or something on those lines for balls.

300zx_tt 10-19-2010 05:04 PM

course was so muddy today with last nights rain..... but i shot a 40 on worcesters nine hole course which is par 35 so i decided i now like the mud hahaha wish i had the time to go a full 18

i really wanna get out more and play some really nice courses, and suggestions?? i think it would be cool to go travel around the world to play a bunch of different courses

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-cours...?currentPage=1

superg6819 10-21-2010 01:55 AM

i love golf. i golf at least once a week but with all the rain we have had recently i havent been able to get out there as much. i have a set of dunlop clubs nothing fancy. my best score was a 94 i think but i usually score right around 100. i go play at cobbs creek alot cause its close and its cheap.

bastid 10-21-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300zx_tt (Post 1835995)
course was so muddy today with last nights rain..... but i shot a 40 on worcesters nine hole course which is par 35 so i decided i now like the mud hahaha wish i had the time to go a full 18

i really wanna get out more and play some really nice courses, and suggestions?? i think it would be cool to go travel around the world to play a bunch of different courses

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-cours...?currentPage=1

Find someone w/ a membership at Commonwealth National. They have the best course in the area in my opinion (and one of the hardest). It's about $120 to ride for guest fees.

SovXietday 10-21-2010 05:27 PM

The golf thread always comes up at the end of the season, lol.

I play, I used to be ok but I haven't played in a long time. Just don't have the time OR the money for it anymore, but I still get out the range when I can.

mariyah 01-14-2019 07:50 AM

I am big fan of Titleist NXT Tour Golf Ball I think its better for high handicappers.

Heliok 04-03-2019 02:47 PM

This weekend will go with friend to a Hilton golf resort in Girona (Spain), can't wait. Golf relaxes me a lot!

AJX 08-20-2019 01:18 PM

Got my trusty Taylormade driver, Mizuno Irons, and the Scotty Cameron putter that costs more than everything else in the bag haha. Had to get one, although it's probably wasted on me

AJX 08-20-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariyah (Post 2244596)
I am big fan of Titleist NXT Tour Golf Ball I think its better for high handicappers.

Think you're right. Less spin so it won't curve as much if you mi**** it.

lm13vand 08-21-2019 10:46 AM

Any golfers in NYC?