TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gallery (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   post your lifted trucks (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46395)

///chrism3 12-19-2007 11:59 PM

post your lifted trucks

looking to get a lifted truck for my daily..lets see some

streetAssasin96 12-20-2007 12:07 AM

get a diesel, if anything

Cardriverx 12-20-2007 12:08 AM

my fiend just got a new f 450 dually.. jeasus that thing is a monster.

Sled 12-20-2007 12:14 AM

hope you dont care about gas mileage. ive had a few and diesels arent that much better. The last one i used was not mine, but i use it on a daily basis and it got 13.5mpg and that was an 02 F350 Crew cab with a 9 inch lift and 38inch tires.

Sled 12-20-2007 12:17 AM

here it is

justinlansdale 12-20-2007 12:20 AM

haha ironic, i was just talking to a co-worker today about how i wanted to lift my F150 ;)

///chrism3 12-20-2007 12:32 AM

hey seld that dont look like a 9in lift u sure it wasnt a 6?

Rev. Maynard 12-20-2007 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My 67 K10 Chevy

poolmike 12-20-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///chrism3 (Post 760038)
looking to get a lifted truck for my daily..lets see some

If you have the $$$$, go for it. Be prepared to spend it on fuel and tires.

If you are just using a truck to drive to work and the occasional Home Depot run, buy a Toyota Tundra. A good solid, effecient truck with lots of aftermarket support.

If you need something heavier, for pulling a trailer, yet remain effiecient around town....get a Dodge with a Cummins and New Venture trans.

Chebbie's are pricey, and provide the sissy-boy IFS ride. They also provide the Duramax/Alison combo. Untouchable powertrain.

Ford=Junk, regardless of make or model. If you buy one, you are just as retarded as I was when I bought mine.

poolmike 12-20-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Maynard (Post 760293)
My 67 K10 Chevy

How much for the truck??

///chrism3 12-20-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolmike (Post 760354)
If you have the $$$$, go for it. Be prepared to spend it on fuel and tires.

If you are just using a truck to drive to work and the occasional Home Depot run, buy a Toyota Tundra. A good solid, effecient truck with lots of aftermarket support.

If you need something heavier, for pulling a trailer, yet remain effiecient around town....get a Dodge with a Cummins and New Venture trans.

Chebbie's are pricey, and provide the sissy-boy IFS ride. They also provide the Duramax/Alison combo. Untouchable powertrain.

Ford=Junk, regardless of make or model. If you buy one, you are just as retarded as I was when I bought mine.

i kno what im getting my self into wit fuel but also u dont kinda waste that much on tires... just my opinion tho also i have a ford dually and there not junk trust me becuase my dad used to have a chevy dually before the ford and the ford towed alot smother and im lookin to either get a new f150 or a new ram 1500..

poolmike 12-20-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///chrism3 (Post 760361)
i kno what im getting my self into wit fuel but also u dont kinda waste that much on tires... just my opinion tho also i have a ford dually and there not junk trust me becuase my dad used to have a chevy dually before the ford and the ford towed alot smother and im lookin to either get a new f150 or a new ram 1500..

Cool. If I was looking for a 1/2 ton, I'd roll with a Tundra. It is the best 1/2 ton out there. Hardly any emissions compared to everything else. The I-Force is a strong motor. Massive brakes. Great truck.

streetAssasin96 12-20-2007 12:48 PM

don't get a dodge unless its a diesel, because otherwise they're garbage

Sled 12-20-2007 01:17 PM

its a Donahoe racing 9 inch lift. Im told their not a true 9 inch lift as you can see.
as for the person that says Fords are junk, this is not true. the 7.3s are great and the 6.0s are hit or miss. I work in a shop that works on diesels all day long. they all have there fair share of problems. diesels are also a lot more money to up keep. they normal have alittle better gas mileage, but the fuel cost more too. if you're looking at diesels i would be looking for an clean older 7.3 powerstroke or a Dodge. the Dodge gets the best MPG hands down and it being a straight 6, it has less moving parts. less moving parts, means less stuff can break. you know what i mean.

Rev. Maynard 12-20-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolmike (Post 760357)
How much for the truck??

Whoops, I misread the thread. I thought we were just posting pics of lifted trucks :) Mines not for sale, at least not right now, I need to use it through the winter.

den9 12-20-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sled (Post 760401)
its a Donahoe racing 9 inch lift. Im told their not a true 9 inch lift as you can see.
as for the person that says Fords are junk, this is not true. the 7.3s are great and the 6.0s are hit or miss. I work in a shop that works on diesels all day long. they all have there fair share of problems. diesels are also a lot more money to up keep. they normal have alittle better gas mileage, but the fuel cost more too. if you're looking at diesels i would be looking for an clean older 7.3 powerstroke or a Dodge. the Dodge gets the best MPG hands down and it being a straight 6, it has less moving parts. less moving parts, means less stuff can break. you know what i mean.

less moving parts, but the parts are way beefier

only if they had a ford f250 with a allison transmission and a cummins engine

Sled 12-20-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by den9 (Post 760682)
less moving parts, but the parts are way beefier

only if they had a ford f250 with a allison transmission and a cummins engine

if i recall they build a kit to do that.

Black Power 12-20-2007 08:13 PM

http://blowneuroz.com/ptgallery/Random/bignig.jpg

///chrism3 12-20-2007 10:11 PM

that f250 is baddddd lol

WhiteFiveO 12-20-2007 10:54 PM

Ford trucks garbage??? I agree 100% with sled, ford 7.3 is the best diesel engine ford ever made as for dodges, cummins is also a great engine the rest of the truck is sh%t everything interior wise breaks and there great trannys they have will leave you stranded on the side of the road with a blown trans as soon as you try to tow anything. Chevys have a great powerplant but i dont care for the looks at all. So i dont see how ford diesels are garbage? also what kind of truck do you have??