TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > jen.
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Conversation Between jen. and gotvtec?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. jen.
    06-23-2010 02:17 PM
    jen.
    PM'd! Thanks for keeping me in the loop!
  2. gotvtec?
    06-23-2010 10:45 AM
    gotvtec?
    Then honestly jen just get full bolt ons for now with hondata. I know someone sellin a certificate for a reflash for 200$. That is a certificate from hondata for a free reflash but he is sellin it since he already has it. Get full bolt ons for now save up enough for a sc kit with everything u need. Trust me ur already a mid to high 13 second car with just a bolt and tune. Your car is completely a different monster after these mods. Btw u no your **** for being a girl. If u want pm me your number i get the word of mouth on a alot of si parts and i send a mass text out to all my 35+ si owners in my phonebook lol.
  3. jen.
    06-23-2010 08:29 AM
    jen.
    Bummer because that is MAD cheap! Are you planning on boosting your car? I don't like the loudness of the Greddy or Apex'i and I wasn't a fan of the CT S/C only because you have to upgrade it to the stage 2 for it to be about the same size pulley as the JR but you lose your warranty with the CT. I guess that I would rather sacrifice some HP for safety. Also, I definitely thought about going turbo but I'm really picky and I'd feel the need to go all out. At that point I'd feel obligated to buy the k24 block and switch out a ton of the internals. (I have a go big or go home attitude!) I simply can't finance a project that big right now as much as I'd like to. Plus, I've never actually driven anything faster than my si, so the 275 HP range will feel very fast to me, and it limits my HP potential which is good because I'm not trying to kill myself hahaha. I think when I get out of school, I will create a massive build just for fun but until then, I think I'll just stick with the charger
  4. gotvtec?
    06-23-2010 01:44 AM
    gotvtec?
    Jen the comptech is better than the jrsc. Research it on 8th civic.com. Btw all geddy exhausts for our car sound good besides prolly the sp2. Apexi sounds good too. I would rather turbo the car for a lil more because instead of 300whp u could possibly hit high 300 to low 400 on stock motor. I have to give u some horrible news. My friend keefer(keith) he is on here and 8th civic.com, was trading his full stage 3 comptech sc for 1800$ + labor and stock parts. It came with everything u could possibly need. From intake header exhaust to even the boost gauges were part of this deal i wish i was not unemployed or that would be on my car right now.
  5. jen.
    06-22-2010 10:43 PM
    jen.
    Honestly the si is a long term project because I'm a full time student but I'm absolutely trying to make it quick. I'm hoping that by February I can have it supercharged which is why I'm going with the vibrant exhaust- it's big enough to be productive with the sc but isn't obnoxious sounding either- I hate the sound of the Greddy and Apex'i for our cars! I'm trying to do header, exhaust, hondata, and possibly pick up injectors tha summer and then work until December to accumulate other misc. things like plugs, injector clips, gauges, etc. Then in december I'll hopefully buy the JRSC! I just don't want to encounter emissions problems with the header.
  6. gotvtec?
    06-22-2010 06:41 PM
    gotvtec?
    I think they do visual check ups too see if u have a cat or not. But honestly not too sound like a dick but are you just gettin a header just for gettin it or u actually wanna make your si quick.
  7. jen.
    06-22-2010 01:11 PM
    jen.
    Hey I didn't want to thread jack your picture thread with header questions! hahaha.

But anyway- are you from PA? I thought running cat-less would present a problem come emissions time so the Vibrant header with HFC seemed to be the best compromise. Is this not true? Thanks for the advice