Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Flaps720
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Conversation Between Flaps720 and l337fpc
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. l337fpc
    11-27-2009 10:04 PM
    l337fpc
    I haven't changed my diff oil yet, trans oil was a fun one. If i get the money this christmas, I'll be fully replacing my ignition as well.

For seafoam, 1/3 in oil, gas tank, and vacuum line. For the vacuum line, pour it in SLOWLY, you'll hear your engine have increased load and then you'll see the white smoke pour out....like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ffSDy4D-zg - lol.
  2. Flaps720
    11-27-2009 11:52 AM
    Flaps720
    thanks man. i am going to change the plugs, tranny oil and diff oil today, and i'll def be looking into changing the ignition coils and wires in the next week or two, and I just changed the oil last weekend, so next one i'll consider seafoaming the engine. I'll probably be getting back to you about the seafoam, thats something I haven't done before. thanks for the help.
  3. l337fpc
    11-27-2009 01:56 AM
    l337fpc
    You are in between the 30k and 37.5k recommended services. For the 37.5k they recommend new plugs. I'm going to get the BHR Ignition System - http://blackhaloracing.com/products-...gine/ignition/. Coils, Plugs, and Wires. I'd recommend Seafoaming her before you get ur next oil change.

The only thing that you should really really look at, fluid levels aside; Check your engine mounts. We only have 2 and they are notorious for cracking under heavy use (aka 9k shifts).
  4. Flaps720
    11-25-2009 02:16 PM
    Flaps720
    hey whats up man, your the only other rx8 im aware of, hence this message. Im at 33k right now and will be having some routine maintenence to deal with, so I was just wondering if you do that stuff yourslef or if you have someone you take it to. I took care of all that stuff with my old car, but the rx8 is new, and even a bit intimidating for me, so if you do it yourself, i was wondering how difficult or easy most of it is, or if you take it to someone, who.

thanks man.