INTERIOR
- Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
- Orbital Kit
- All Black/Suede Interior
- WORKS Shift Knob
- KEY!S Steering Wheel
- NRG Quick Release Gen 2.5
- Custom Dorbritz Designs E-Level Control Pod
- Bride Japan Limited Edition Seats (Stradia Venus & XAX II)

ambitiousCK
06-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Nice pickup g/l with your build

StylezTA
06-08-2010, 02:18 PM
i know someone with an arc super induction box trying to get rid of it. prob for cheap. Lemme know if ur interested.

edit: sorry its a blitz. good luck with ur car.

jeffroevoix
06-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Nice car dude

Look into swift or gtworx springs, the work very well with the oem bilstiens. Way cheaper than coilovers too

Also a blox front roll stopper will make a big difference for cheap

Got Insulin?
06-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Looking good, man; good luck with it. I'd say skip the Mishimoto rad, there's way better stuff out there like Griffin that comes years of reputation and parts that actually fit. I've put two different Mishi rads in two of my cars and if I could go back, I'd pass on them all together.

TalonTsi97
06-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Looking good, man; good luck with it. I'd say skip the Mishimoto rad, there's way better stuff out there like Griffin that comes years of reputation and parts that actually fit. I've put two different Mishi rads in two of my cars and if I could go back, I'd pass on them all together.

Any other more in depth reasons why out of curiosity?

Blox roll stopper for $50 is a great piece to get
Swift SpecR's for the OEM bilsteins are awesome as well especially for the price. Most people wouldn't even be able to fully use them to their potential. Give a nice ride height & great performance for a fraction of the cost of coilovers.
Get a manual boost controller, megan downpipe (another great bang for the buck), your choice of catback, then get a tune. Car will easily make 300whp & be a blast to drive for no money at all.

Good luck with it man, i'm still shocked i've never seen you in the area i have family in Southampton & Warminster.

97TurboDSM
06-08-2010, 03:45 PM
i hope you were careful when you bought that car. that dealership does some shady things and they overprice EVERYTHING (yes i bought my car there but i got a deal i couldn't resist). That dealership is two min from my house and they have evo's and sti's lined up like that every day of the week. good luck with the car.

bugeye1257
06-08-2010, 04:50 PM
just saw you drive by my house around 4ish, i dont think you saw me. i heard you coming all the way down spencer, sounds nice

AlterEvo
06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
nice pickup. glw the build, but be warned...once you start any dsm, they turn into money-pits...

sean3
06-08-2010, 05:26 PM
nice pickup. glw the build, but be warned...once you start any dsm, they turn into money-pits...

Good thing it's not a DSM eh?

I'm no EVO expert but if it has Bilstein dampers from the factory like people are saying (I thought they were only on the MR?) you'd be downgrading by buying Tein crap.

morla
06-08-2010, 05:42 PM
i hope you were careful when you bought that car. that dealership does some shady things and they overprice EVERYTHING (yes i bought my car there but i got a deal i couldn't resist). That dealership is two min from my house and they have evo's and sti's lined up like that every day of the week. good luck with the car.

yeah it had less than 18,000 miles on it which I think is great for an '06. Yeah when I first saw it I thought it was a little off. We drove down this big strip with car dealers left and right and then we see this little sign, but they were good people.

TalonTsi97
06-08-2010, 05:59 PM
This an MR SE or a SE? 5spd/6spd? It may not have Bilstein's if its not an MR. If so don't go with tein crap.

morla
06-08-2010, 06:31 PM
It's an SE 5 Speed. I'm pretty sure I want to do coilovers. Adjustable height would be nice.

TalonTsi97
06-08-2010, 06:43 PM
SE 5spd is where its at, a shame they didn't come with the Bilsteins though. Your choice on the coilovers i just personally think its a waste unless you plan to consistently race the car. How often are you actually going to adjust the height? This whole 'stance' thing isn't rite for an evo.

Evojm27
06-08-2010, 06:53 PM
nice car man if your looking for some coilovers look into getting teso coilovers ive read alot of reviews and they are super cheap im getting them for my mr as soon as the cash flow is rite....by the way awesome pickup man

ambitiousCK
06-09-2010, 12:42 AM
nice car man if your looking for some coilovers look into getting teso coilovers ive read alot of reviews and they are super cheap im getting them for my mr as soon as the cash flow is rite....by the way awesome pickup man

Cash flow?.....deka?....cash flow?.....deka?....lol I need to get my rim set up together so we could have a shoot.

clipse97
06-09-2010, 11:58 AM
i bought my sti at the same place, lancaster county imports correct?

morla
06-09-2010, 01:03 PM
i bought my sti at the same place, lancaster county imports correct?

yeah. It wasn't that bad acually. The guys were really nice and they delivered it at 7 at night from Lancaster and I'm all the way in Ivyland

AlterEvo
06-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Good thing it's not a DSM eh?

I'm no EVO expert...

last time i checked it still was DSM (4g63).

I have Tein 'crap' on my Evo with zero issues.

morla
06-09-2010, 06:07 PM
last time i checked it still was DSM (4g63).

I have Tein 'crap' on my Evo with zero issues.

What kind of tein 'crap' do you have on yours? I really am trying to beef up the stance a bit

AlterEvo
06-09-2010, 09:25 PM
S-tech springs. a lot of ppl say their horrible, but i actually find the ride to be decent compaired to other companies. Cusco front/rear sway bar, and again, no problems to report. I did have the Tanabe springs, but they didn't give me the stance I wanted and the ride quality was terrible.

If you want advice on how to build your evo, listen to other evo, dsm, or Suby owners (same basic awd platform)...gather your info before you make a purchase; there is quite a variety of parts out there ranging in price, but do your homework as the Evo doesn't mesh well with a majority of them. Sucks buying a part, then learning later that you'll have to upgrade it again b/c it's just not what you need.

I don't know if you bought your Evo with the stock clutch. My advice, check your car out well, take it for a long drive, get it good and warm, then listen for clutch and tc noise. Evo's are notorious for poor clutches and transfer cases, especially if the dealership/previous owner failed to do scheduled maintenance or the loved launching it. A little noise is normal for Evo's, esp. if it has an aftermarket clutch. IMO this would be my first upgrade. I did it backwards, did tons of power adders, neglected the clutch, and within a few weeks, had tc issues even though I didn't launch it. Typical mitsu.

Any other ?'s, def check, evolutionm.net, spadsm, there are tons of Evo owners who I know would help ya. Hell I'm sure even the Suby owners could at least point you in the right direction.

Sublime1304
06-09-2010, 09:45 PM
haha that first pic at the dealership, im really feelin the charger in the back

Got Insulin?
06-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Sidebar:
Just because it has a 4G doesn't mean that it's a DSM. There's GVR4 and EVO guys that would be pretty upset to be grouped in with us. DSMs technically ended their existance in '96 when the Normal plant closed down, but officially became defunct as of 1999 when the last of the GSX's rolled out and no more American cars featured the legendery 4G until the Evo's made it ashore in the 2000s.

TalonTsi97
06-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Sidebar:
Just because it has a 4G doesn't mean that it's a DSM. There's GVR4 and EVO guys that would be pretty upset to be grouped in with us. DSMs technically ended their existance in '96 when the Normal plant closed down, but officially became defunct as of 1999 when the last of the GSX's rolled out and no more American cars featured the legendery 4G until the Evo's made it ashore in the 2000s.

I was going to post something similar earlier but didn't wanna get into it.

Tein S-tech's do look good i must admit, but their are so many other options out there that are proven. I guess if your tryna jump on the 'slammed' bandwagon with your evo then buy a set of a cheap coils and have at it.

AlterEvo
06-10-2010, 04:19 PM
well i'm not one of those evo guys who'd be upset being grouped with traditional DSM's as I have owned 1g's and 2g's.

Response to your sidebar 'got insulin?':
Not to be argumenative, Diamond-Star Motors officially changed from DSM to MMMA in 95, not 96.
As I'm sure your know, DSM was an joint venture between the Chrysler Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation. The name came from the parent companies' respective logos: three diamonds (Mitsubishi) and a pentastar (Chrysler). Chrysler initally took a stake in Mitsu in 1970, but in the early 80's, Mitsu wanted to sell their own cars in their brands' dealerships. To allow this, 'DSM' was incorperated in 85 and the Normal plant was completed in 88. Chrysler sold it's stake in 91 and in July of 95, Diamond-Star Motors was officially renamed Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America, Inc. (MMMA). Since 2002 its official title has been Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) Manufacturing Division.

But since it's now Mitsubishi Motors North America, the Evo is still technically a part of what used to be Diamond Star Motors, even though it's produced in Yokohama, Japan and not at the Mitsu North American plants. So is it a true DSM? I'll agree and say no... but does it have a strong DSM heritage? Absolutely.

As for the S-techs...I like them and don't consider them cheap as I also upgraded my struts. Since I don't use my Evo for autoX, I have no need for a pricey coil-over suspension that most people don't even know how to properly set-up. To each their own. I like the stance the s's give my evo.

mitsuboost30
06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
dont ruin the diamond black bbs's and powder coat em..
sell those and get mr gray ones and powder coat those way more MR's than SE's

and if you want to **** your struts up then sure take the cheap way and get tein s-techs

i had them for 3 days and dumped em as fast as i could

morla
06-13-2010, 08:25 PM
I think I'm going to end up doing the s-techs but I'm also going to upgrade the shocks as well with it. I just ordered a bike rack for the roof. Not for the "style" because I've seen people do that, but I did actually need a rack. So I think the shocks and springs are next. I don't see anything special in the se color for the wheels, they look the same as some other silvers. I think I want to do yellow, orange or a mix between the two.

ambitiousCK
06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
If your powdercoating them LPC ftw

morla
06-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Going in Friday to GV Auto to get my tints done. I had 35 in the front and 15 in the back on my old car. I'm debating what I want to do for this one. Any ideas for the percentages?

03MSP
06-15-2010, 11:17 PM
20 all the way around :) or 35.. i like 20, its dark but not super dark

peteyturbo
06-15-2010, 11:18 PM
I have 15% all around on my GG EVO, love it..

mitsuboost30
06-16-2010, 12:40 AM
I think I'm going to end up doing the s-techs but I'm also going to upgrade the shocks as well with it. I just ordered a bike rack for the roof. Not for the "style" because I've seen people do that, but I did actually need a rack. So I think the shocks and springs are next. I don't see anything special in the se color for the wheels, they look the same as some other silvers. I think I want to do yellow, orange or a mix between the two.

dont do the s-techs.. for the luv of god..
just do it right the first time and get swifts
i had 20% tint all the way around and loved it.. got a few tickets.. but the car was black so made it look darker
your gonna get ragged on by evo enthusiest if u powdercoat those diamond blacks lol im tellin ya
the SE diamond blacks are the rarest color..

sean3
06-16-2010, 12:54 AM
5% rear window FTW

morla
06-16-2010, 12:55 AM
dont do the s-techs.. for the luv of god..
just do it right the first time and get swifts
i had 20% tint all the way around and loved it.. got a few tickets.. but the car was black so made it look darker
your gonna get ragged on by evo enthusiest if u powdercoat those diamond blacks lol im tellin ya
the SE diamond blacks are the rarest color..

yeah, actually I changed my mind between that post and this one. I'm just going to end up saving the money. I'm going to just end up getting new wheels and keeping the diamond blacks and probably just switch them up every so often. I'm not doing to s-techs, a buddy of mine had them and said he liked them but I rode in his and I hated it. I just want something thats going to give me a nice drop and still a good ride. I looked into the swifts but I'm just curious as to what else is like them

mitsuboost30
06-16-2010, 01:04 AM
yeah, actually I changed my mind between that post and this one. I'm just going to end up saving the money. I'm going to just end up getting new wheels and keeping the diamond blacks and probably just switch them up every so often. I'm not doing to s-techs, a buddy of mine had them and said he liked them but I rode in his and I hated it. I just want something thats going to give me a nice drop and still a good ride. I looked into the swifts but I'm just curious as to what else is like them

good decisions! just save the rims for winter or somthin
as far as springs yea i know the swifts are alittle expensive but they are well worth it.. go on evom and make a thread about what to get and people will tell u swifts or worx. they are both prolly the best springs for comfort and performance..
you could go with h&r springs i had them for alittle they are a nice ride. just do some research on evom there is tons of consumer reveiws for basically every spring..
GL brotha

AlterEvo
06-17-2010, 04:46 PM
yeh plz don't powdercoat the diamond black se's..

tranceporter
06-17-2010, 05:12 PM
clean clean

screamingdsm
06-17-2010, 05:59 PM
My buddy had H tech springs on his evo Im pretty sure there 1" front and back or something. It had a aggressive stance, and road great was able to get in parking lots, and did well with 521 to the wheels at the track, and it was alot better then S tech ricer springs.

DSM is only eclipse,talon,laser Body is made in america.

GVR4-EVO are in there own catagory. made in japan.

And CSM....is dodge colts turbos,mitsubishi mirage turbos. Body is made in america.

Regardless they all suck, and they all break lol.

mitsuboost30
06-17-2010, 06:03 PM
To be honest with u ive had tein s/h and tein flex coilovers and none of them ride nice.. performance wise they are decent but for comfort or of that nature they are poor.

screamingdsm
06-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah, well I think going with any kind of "performance" spring upgrade its gonna not ride like a cadillac. The factory bilstiens and springs ride like crap I think on my car. My race car has coilovers and that really rides like crap, but function before fashion, im not trying to have a tea party in the back seat of eather car.

The best part about it, I feel the difference when going from driving one car directly over to the other car, but theres not enough to write home about.

morla
06-17-2010, 07:54 PM
yeah it is my dd so I don't need a race spring exactly but I still want something low and comfortable. I'm now debating between the h&r and the swifts. Any reviews or personal experiences?

Asif22
06-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Sounds like you are a level headed kid with cool parents! Enjoy the car man!

Fujito
06-19-2010, 09:29 PM
ARC is for ricers. Just go all Buschur.

morla
06-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Got the tints done and they look great! GV did an amazing job. I'll post pictures in a little bit. I ordered new wheels but I'll save that as a surprise when they come.

I talked to a friend of mine and he said that he did lowering springs first then ended up getting new coilovers and he said don't bother wasting the money on springs and just save up. What do you guys think? I have no problem saving the money if it's worth it

TalonTsi97
06-20-2010, 12:20 PM
I talked to a friend of mine and he said that he did lowering springs first then ended up getting new coilovers and he said don't bother wasting the money on springs and just save up. What do you guys think? I have no problem saving the money if it's worth it

I just look at it as how much do you really need & at what cost? How many times are you actually really going to play with the settings? People say ohh i'd love to raise & lower it when needed but be real with it. If done properly it shouldn't really ever need to be adjusted again except if your tracking the car were your alignment settings come into play.
A bilstein/swift spec-R setup is more then enough handling then 95% maybe more of the people on this site would ever use while still giving you a nice stance. You have regular kyb's now which can still be used with a spec-R spring with success if you wanna go that route to save money. By the time you buy brand new bilsteins & new springs your almost into the cheap coilover price range which to some makes it worth going with a coilover. To me, i rather not cheap out on coilovers when i know i can get a very competent spring/strut combo for around/under the same $$. Plus you have to take into consideration the time/money to set up the coilovers & an alignment which both will need anyway.
To me an Evo isn't a car that should have cheap coilovers put on just to be dumped for a look. I say figure out what you really want, figure your budget, & do what fits for the long term of the car & your ownership. It may not be worth spending over a grand on coilovers if you will never need what they will provide.

morla
06-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Well I think I want to save up for coilovers because if I do decide to do the track and and race it a bit then it would be nice to have. I know I'm going to keep the car for as long as I can so if I can do some really nice coilovers right away I'd like to.

But I do see your point about how much am I actually going to need them. So I think for right now I'm just going to go with the h&r springs and if and when the time comes for coilovers I'll get them.

sean3
06-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Well I think I want to save up for coilovers because if I do decide to do the track and and race it a bit then it would be nice to have. I know I'm going to keep the car for as long as I can so if I can do some really nice coilovers right away I'd like to.

But I do see your point about how much am I actually going to need them. So I think for right now I'm just going to go with the h&r springs and if and when the time comes for coilovers I'll get them.

A stock evo is faster than you'll be able to drive if you decide to actually take it to an autox/HPDE. Decide what you want to do before you start buying stuff.

mitsuboost30
06-20-2010, 10:41 PM
A stock evo is faster than you'll be able to drive if you decide to actually take it to an autox/HPDE. Decide what you want to do before you start buying stuff.

suspension should still be upgraded.. if plans are to grip/autox the car.. i suggest coilover/spings, rear sway bar. rear strut tower bar. you should be ok with that.
drop in filter, exhaust. up the boost, then have the car tuned and you will be plenty fast enough for some scca events. you could run low 12s with those simple engine mods

morla
06-20-2010, 11:38 PM

Yeah I'm not going to buy anything until I am 100% sure it's what I want. I talked to the guy at gv and he said go with the springs because they more street comfortable and plus they are cheaper. I have time to decide if I ever want to take it to the track.

Also when I was at gv the guy said if I do go with springs to do the h&r because they are the most comfortable while still giving it a nice drop. So mitsuboost, you sound like you know what you're talking about with evos ( I couldve guessed by your avatar). Thanks to everyone by the way for the help. It really does help to get opinions from people who know or have had expierence before.

morla
06-22-2010, 01:35 PM
TINTS!!
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_6021.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_6015.jpg

schaffer
06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Looking good. Keep it up.

morla
06-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Finally got my rack on the car. Looks alright but it was easy to put on.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_6024.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_6028.jpg

morla
07-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Just got these bad boys in, can't wait to get them on:
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_6031.jpg

With a warning label this big, you know they've gotta be fun (+1 to who knows what that's from)

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_6040.jpg

Evojm27
07-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Looks real good gonna look nice with a drop

TalonTsi97
07-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Glad you didn't cheap out on the springs.
Interested in these wheels at all? http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonebone0028/
What would you sell your stock ones for?

morla
07-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Glad you didn't cheap out on the springs.
Interested in these wheels at all? http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonebone0028/
What would you sell your stock ones for?

nah but thanks, I'm not a fan of bronze/gold wheels on gray.

But I do have a question for anyone and everyone:

What wheels do I put on it? I want something simple and will look clean. I was thinking of just going with Advan RD

mitsuboost30
07-04-2010, 03:36 PM
good choice on springs.. i had H&R's for alil while and they are a very nice ride and give it a nice aggressive stance..

the pic to the left is on h&r's

morla
07-04-2010, 11:17 PM
good choice on springs.. i had H&R's for alil while and they are a very nice ride and give it a nice aggressive stance..

the pic to the left is on h&r's

that looks good, that's right where I want mine to be.

morla
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
So here's what I should be getting in the mail this week:
My New Wheels - Volk SE37's
APR Stuff
Perrin Rear Sway Bar

TalonTsi97
07-06-2010, 03:09 PM
PERFECT choice on the se-37s. What color did you choose? Can't wait to see it in person, don't know of any local evo's with them yet.
What you going to do with your stockies?

morla
07-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah I can't wait to get them, I had them next day aired so they should be in hopefully tomorrow if not wednesday, it only cost me $47 to have them overnighted. It was a steal. I think I'm going to keep my stock ones for winter, but who knows, I may end up selling them at some point.

Here's the color I chose:

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/yhst-6811299808595_2076_4082078.jpg

Sublime1304
07-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Some white wheels would look great. I saw a guy around yardley with a grey s2k with white wheels and it looked sharp

TalonTsi97
07-06-2010, 04:18 PM
awesome man, can't wait to see them on the car. Wish i could test fit them for some pictures lol ;)

morla
07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
okay so the place I was buying the wheels from just emailed me and was like the wheels have been sold out for a long time. So why would they have them up on the website then? Beats me

morla
07-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I think I'm just going to do Advan RS's instead. I'm going to rip on the store every time I can. I just replied with a nasty email back. They shouldn't advertise something they don'y have, and not only did they not have it but they said not for a very long time. DON'T SHOP AT evostore.com. They are liars.

bugeye1257
07-06-2010, 06:39 PM
i hate when that kind of **** happens! but i love the advans, theres a member on here that is selling them. what tire size do you wanna go with is the question? please dont go for the stretched tire look...

TalonTsi97
07-06-2010, 06:48 PM
I think I'm just going to do Advan RS's instead. I'm going to rip on the store every time I can. I just replied with a nasty email back. They shouldn't advertise something they don'y have, and not only did they not have it but they said not for a very long time. DON'T SHOP AT evostore.com. They are liars.

booo at the shop & changing your mind on what ones to get.

slickrick888
07-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Some white wheels would look great. I saw a guy around yardley with a grey s2k with white wheels and it looked sharp

yes2k. jt. agree on the sharp comment :)

morla
07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
booo at the shop & changing your mind on what ones to get.

well the advans are what I originally wanted on it. Then I saw that this place supposedly had the se's new so I thought I would try. So really I'm just going with my first choice again.

morla
07-10-2010, 05:16 PM
big week coming up, I should have a whole bunch of stuff in. I will finally be getting my APR parts this week, JDM tails, UK Emblems for the trunk, new Pioneer head unit

I got these in the mail yesterday and I will probably put both in tonight or tomorrow

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0008-1.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0011-2.jpg

Evojm27
07-12-2010, 01:13 AM
cool parts !!!

morla
07-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Just got these in today. Can't wait to get them on:)

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0004-1.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0012-2.jpg

ambitiousCK
07-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Damn there sex... size? Tire choice?

DPancoast
07-12-2010, 07:44 PM
lookin good

twerktify493
07-12-2010, 07:51 PM
You suck, i wish i was working where your working so i can afford all that :lol:

morla
07-12-2010, 08:03 PM
You suck, i wish i was working where your working so i can afford all that :lol:

I don't get that much, I just know how to save. I have been putting away money each time I get paid. So that way I don't touch the money until I save for what I want

bugeye1257
07-12-2010, 08:37 PM
this is sex lol

morla
07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
The tires are getting mounted now. I went with Hankooks, I've always had Hankooks, except for the ones on now, and I love them.

tranceporter
07-13-2010, 12:59 PM
:supz:

bugeye1257
07-13-2010, 06:09 PM
The tires are getting mounted now. I went with Hankooks, I've always had Hankooks, except for the ones on now, and I love them.

nice what size tire?

Sublime1304
07-13-2010, 06:18 PM
looks good. cant wait to see it when all is said and done

morla
07-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Wheels Are On!!!!!

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0006-1.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0002-1.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0004-2.jpg

ambitiousCK
07-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Needs a drop...bad...but the rims look pretty good. What are the rim/ tire sizes?

morla
07-14-2010, 02:09 AM
They're 18x9J with Hankook Ventus 245/40ZR18. I have springs sitting in my room ready for a drop, I just need to get around to getting them on.

Got Insulin?
07-14-2010, 10:18 AM
The Advan's look great, man! I think dropped a bit and wingless would be the perfect match.

ambitiousCK
07-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Not too aggressive but they'll look very good, get those springs on!

mitsuboost30
07-14-2010, 11:59 AM
^^ agreed! get those springs on will make it look 10 times better!

morla
07-15-2010, 03:54 PM
They look amazing, I'm so glad I went with everything that I did, the wheel, color, size. It's all perfect. I'm getting some serious rub though. But it seems like it's rubbing on the inside. If I roll my fenders would that help at all?

Here are some recents:

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0013-3.jpg

Rebadged with UK Style Letters

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0004-3.jpg

APR Sway Bar

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0017.jpg

APR Front Wind Splitter

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0006-2.jpg

Ej6Mike
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
NICE! looks awsome dude! Wheels are the best part yet!.

ambitiousCK
07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Damn that first picture is straight up sex! Once you drop it it'll look perfect

Got Insulin?
07-15-2010, 07:30 PM
If it's rubbing on the inside, rolling your fenders isn't going to help- that's for the outside. Spacers may help, but depending on how aggressive your wheels are, you might need an alignment to clear some of that up.

ambitiousCK
07-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Shave the fenders if there rubbing on the inside

tristatesentra
07-16-2010, 12:57 AM
car looks awesome dude love everything about it!!!

g0dzuki
07-16-2010, 02:19 AM
You can roll your fenders with a fender roller or if you want to save some money, take a round tipped hammer, wrap it in electric tape, heat up the fender (part you want to stop messing up tires) and slowly tap it in. If your going to use a heat gun, be sure to take your time and be careful. Blow dryer helps you make less mistakes since it takes longer to heat up.

Car looks good. Any plans for suspension?

morla
07-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Installed my Weapon-R Engine Torque Damper today, it's great! I really notice a difference when shifting through gears. When I test drove it to make sure everything was good, I was actually in awe at how well it worked. I could feel the engine stay in place and every shift was smooth. I would highly recommend getting one.

specvince
07-17-2010, 09:48 PM
beautifull!

morla
07-24-2010, 08:51 PM
So I fixed the rubbing problem, I ended up just using a heat gun and pushing the wheel well guard back a little bit. It worked like a charm, I also was able to fully secure the splitter. For some reason APR put these 2 holes near the back of it but they didn't line up with anything under the car so the back was kind of hanging a little bit. I fixed it though so now that's locked in. I wasn't able to get my springs on this week like I had hoped. I had to be a counselor at a hockey camp so I didn't have time to take care of it. I think this coming week though I'll get it done. I can only hope.

dsm4life04
07-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Car looks awesome man, keep it looking clean.

Got Insulin?
07-24-2010, 09:24 PM
The two holes on the back of the splitter might be for an undertray extension, or something like a skidplate.

morla
07-24-2010, 09:43 PM
yeah I wasn't sure. I ended up zip tying them to the body, a temp fix until I find out what they are for. But It looks better and it feels stronger and is taking some resistance off of the lip.

ambitiousCK
07-24-2010, 11:33 PM
What are your plans for the car? I'm hoping a DROP lol SOON

morla
07-25-2010, 12:10 PM
What are your plans for the car? I'm hoping a DROP lol SOON

I KNOW! I can't find the time to drop it off to get the springs on, that's why I'm hoping sometime this week I'll be able to get them on.

I still have some things I want to do and things I need to take care of.

What needs to be installed or done:
-SPRINGS!
-Pioneer Headunit
-Perrin Rear Sway Bar
-Turbo Timer
-JDM Rear Bumper
-The lip of the one side of my bumper is hanging off so I need to fix that

Stuff I still want:
-I want to find a vortex generator, like on the MRs
-Weather Tech Floor Mats
-Clean Up the inside of my car, it needs to be cleaned really bad
-I was thinking about doing something with my headliner, I want it custom but I have no idea what I want to do yet

ambitiousCK
07-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a good plan, anything power wise?

morla
07-25-2010, 01:28 PM
yeah I am going to up the power, I'm just roaming the forums between this and evom to find out what people are doing and what's best for the car.

ambitiousCK
07-25-2010, 01:42 PM
4g63s are pratically bulletproof gt35r ftw lol

morla
07-25-2010, 02:19 PM
haha yeah I know. But if anyone has ideas for performance parts I'm all ears. Performance isn't something like looks where if I know I like something I'm not changing my mind. If anyone knows a part is going to perform well, then I'll look into it. I really want to shoot for some high performance numbers.

bugeye1257
07-25-2010, 02:26 PM
somekind of turboback echaust
gsc/hks 272 cams
boost controller
hks suction intake
exhaust manifold
tune

that would deff make a difference without upgrading the turbo!

Got Insulin?
07-25-2010, 02:33 PM
You need to tell us what your goals are for the car, then we can reccomend parts and a mod order to keep you happy. Are you going to just go fast in a straight line? Are you planning on autoXing a ton? The 4G is a super stout engine and will happily take whatever you want to throw at it.

morla
07-25-2010, 03:04 PM
I think I would go for more auto x type parts, I love ripping around corners and I want to get into that type of stuff more

TalonTsi97
07-25-2010, 03:17 PM
I think I would go for more auto x type parts, I love ripping around corners and I want to get into that type of stuff more

everyone with experience will tell you to keep it stock and learn to drive the car, but i know how it is with wanting to mod.
I say: megan downpipe, some type of "cheap" nice catback, amsoil filter on stock rubber intake, hallman mbc, tune on a dynojet will be good for 300whp on the IX turbo.
You can then upgrade your fmic, intake pipe, o2 housing, maybe cams & shoot for 350.

Got Insulin?
07-25-2010, 03:55 PM

I would skip the lowering springs then and look into just getting into some events and driving the car as much as you can in that type of environment. Plus, you won't get bumped into a class where you have more parts than experience. Eventually you're going to want to coilovers, and I'd suggest something with SS parts like KWs that will wear really well and not get rusted like crazy in the winters.

I'm pretty sure you can have an upgraded rear sway and a catback in the "stock" class in local AutoX events. Look into a TBE and then parts that Chip mentioned with a tune and then just drive, drive, drive!

morla
07-25-2010, 05:30 PM
I would skip the lowering springs then and look into just getting into some events and driving the car as much as you can in that type of environment. Plus, you won't get bumped into a class where you have more parts than experience. Eventually you're going to want to coilovers, and I'd suggest something with SS parts like KWs that will wear really well and not get rusted like crazy in the winters.

I'm pretty sure you can have an upgraded rear sway and a catback in the "stock" class in local AutoX events. Look into a TBE and then parts that Chip mentioned with a tune and then just drive, drive, drive!

well I already got the springs, I don't plan on auto x'ing any time soon so I still want to just upgrade some basic power and then start specializing

ambitiousCK
07-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Learn the cars stock limits before you start modifying the cars power/suspension.

Forc3 F3d
07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
fp red, kelford 272s, fmic, ported IM and TB, TBE, 500awhp on a stock block FTW

ambitiousCK
07-25-2010, 11:08 PM
^+1 but learn how to drive it stock before you start doubling your stock output.

morla
07-25-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm definitely going to make sure I know how to drive it perfectly. I just want an idea of what's to come next in my quest for evo greatness:P

ambitiousCK
07-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Lol as much as I love my sti....EJ257<4G63...enjoy it lol

AlterEvo
07-26-2010, 12:54 AM
If you like good power plus actually being able to still enjoy your evo on the street, I'd suggest BBK lite (since you already have an IX), o2, injecors, dowpipe, test pipe, exhaust, intake, mbc, maybe a larger fmic, the right tune...you'll be surprised at the power gain without the laggy-ness of a monster turbo
or fp red, personally not a fan, but comparable

if you wanna go more power, do a gta35r or the monster 42r. AMS and Bushur make excellent kits, or you can buy parts seperately and peice together your own. the fp black is also another choice, heard numbers in the 6's. Just be ready for that dreaded lag of a large turbo and hopefully you already went ahead and got rid of that stock clutch b/c it won't last

just my 2 cents. I personally took option one and opted for the BBK. My car gained decent power, but mostly it's still fun to drive on the streets. Ultimately it depends on what you want out of the car and/or what you inted to use it for.

evomike
07-26-2010, 02:34 AM
first off do not buy a 35r or a 42r its just not worth it anymore, you should start off with buying a used exhaust a clutch and buy a fuel pump and start the search for a used set of cams. after that isnt fun anymore or it could be fun for you forever i would search for a used fp kit in the hp range that you would want to be in, buy everything used lowball everyone throw away your springs and get coilovers and wheels and you sir will be set.

Got Insulin?
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
I feel like a 20g is the perfect mate here. If you go with a Green, you could squeeze 450ish out of it, not sacrifice spool, have the option for IWG or EWG, and have enough to get nasty in the twisties and still burn 11s in the 1/4 with that good-driver mod.

TalonTsi97
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Evo IX turbo is good for high 11's with pump gas.
20g isn't worth the money so i'd go green or bbk for that range of turbo.

Got Insulin?
07-26-2010, 02:46 PM
I always push the Green because I've always run it in my car. 20G on roids. :)

TalonTsi97
07-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I always push the Green because I've always run it in my car. 20G on roids. :)
I'm loving the new HTA green. Wish i had the cash for one.
My friend had a 20g on his evo and the results were disappointing considering what other options are out there.

morla
07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
the bbk lite is sounds really good to me right now. Anybody with any experiences want to sprinkle some wisdom upon me and tell me how they are?

evomike
07-26-2010, 06:33 PM
People seem to like em but you can get the same power for less on e85 and a stock turbo, buy cams and ehxaust and do e85 and see how you like that.

morla
07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
SO I just scheduled my springs to be put on for friday, I'm also getting my new head unit and turbo timer installed, FINALLY! Now I everyone can stop telling me I need to lower my car:mrgreen:

11secdsm
07-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm loving the new HTA green. Wish i had the cash for one.
My friend had a 20g on his evo and the results were disappointing considering what other options are out there.

We're doing an HTA green on one of the Evos here. Should be fun when it's done. :supz:

evomike
07-28-2010, 10:58 AM
You'll still probably need to lower it what springs are they

11secdsm
07-28-2010, 10:59 AM
SO I just scheduled my springs to be put on for friday, I'm also getting my new head unit and turbo timer installed, FINALLY! Now I everyone can stop telling me I need to lower my car:mrgreen:

Ahhh, you must be the Evo that just called (and spoke to Joe). I was wondering who it was. :)

morla
07-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Ahhh, you must be the Evo that just called (and spoke to Joe). I was wondering who it was. :)
Yeah that was me:) I love your shop so I try to get everything done there. I would've scheduled earlier in the week but I got sidetracked. So luckily you guys took me on short notice. I'm going to the shore Sunday and when I get back I have the 4udrew show. So I needed it done by then. That's why I love GV!

ibrake4ducks
07-29-2010, 01:12 AM
good luck with building it man

11secdsm
07-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Car came out great!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/11secdsm/IMG_5488.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/11secdsm/IMG_5487.jpg

jjm4life
07-30-2010, 02:19 PM
looking good. get a bbk full. i loved that turbo.

morla
07-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Just got the car home from GV, it's incredible as usual. The drop looks great, the radio and turbo timer are amazing as well! I was so happy that they were able to get me in so quick and out just as quick. They let me know of my clutch with will most likely be replaced with an excedy clutch (by GV of course).

Evojm27
07-30-2010, 03:59 PM
looks real nice

DannyGSX
07-30-2010, 04:09 PM
18 years old. Evo 9 SE for a graduation gift. -_-

morla
07-30-2010, 05:10 PM
18 years old. Evo 9 SE for a graduation gift. -_-

Well it's not like I begged my parents for it. I told them a million times I would pay them back. I wish they hadn't paid for it and let me but they wouldn't have it. I have to pay for part of my college so I think they wanted me to save for that instead

bugeye1257
07-30-2010, 05:22 PM
damn man looks great! keep it looking fresh

ambitiousCK
07-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Looks great man, and to those saying about a graduation gift, watch MTV and see a 16 year old who doesn't even have a permit recieve a gallardo as a gift. SMDH....

morla
07-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Looks great man, and to those saying about a graduation gift, watch MTV and see a 16 year old who doesn't even have a permit recieve a gallardo as a gift. SMDH....

Thanks man, yeah I just hate when people say stuff like that and judge. I try to stay as humble as possible and it bothers me when people say stuff like that. Ugh, it just gets me angry:mad:

But next up for the car, I am going to replace the clutch, most likely exedy, then I'm just going to keep up with maintenance and making sure everything is running properly. I need to start saving for college and books and city life and expenses. I won't be out of the game obviously, I'll still be getting stuff here and there. :mrgreen:

Thanks to all for the comments! I'm trying to make this perfect and clean and on the way to evo greatness:lol: I hope people are enjoying following along because I enjoy working on this beauty every day.

ambitiousCK
07-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Keep your head up man ad I'll be glad to follow your build as it continues. Good luck

DannyGSX
07-30-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm not mad and upset saying you are spoiled(But I mean, it is the internet, you COULD be covering it up). I was pretty much just implying that you are a lucky kid. I paid cash to buy my GSX and i'm currently paying off the $4000 of work and parts put into it on a card, I also will be paying for my college education. I'm 18 btw. Evo is looking good though, it is truly my dream car and f*ck those kids on my super sweet 16, they can have their bmw's and range rovers, I would take an Evo over ANY SINGLE CAR that exists. Anyway, like I said, car looks good. Not too crazy about the wheels though. Congrats

morla
07-30-2010, 11:29 PM
yeah well my first car was the Lexus I mentioned and I payed $5000 for it. When it was totaled the insurance company said it was still worth the $5000 so all of that was put right into buying the evo.

DannyGSX
07-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Dude I wasn't giving you crap, no need to keep defending yourself.

morla
07-30-2010, 11:43 PM
wasn't trying to be defensive there, I was just saying where some of the money came from. but like you said who knows who anyone is on the internet? I could be an 82 year old man looking for someone to clean my tailpipe:eek:

morla
07-30-2010, 11:44 PM
and I don't mean on my car:wink:

ambitiousCK
07-31-2010, 12:55 AM
You sound like the old man from family guy lol. That sweet 16 show makes me vomit. They get a brand new bentley then complain because it's the wrong shade of the color they wanted.

morla
07-31-2010, 01:00 AM
They're like "omgz! This one screw is loose on a brand new car! I don't want this anymoarz, take it back!" I don't see how any parent could, one, let that happen in the first place, and two, keep letting it happen and think it's just normal.

ambitiousCK
07-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Yea neither do I...rich bastards lol

BlackSenTra05
07-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Car looks TITS now that its lowered!! I have been following your build thread so far and car looks awesome! Btw where u heading for college?

Side note: Sweet 16 show makes me angry also:mad:! I live in Coopersburg (Lehigh Valley) and went to school with a majority of spoiled little rich kids, it made me gag!

morla
07-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Car looks TITS now that its lowered!! I have been following your build thread so far and car looks awesome! Btw where u heading for college?

Side note: Sweet 16 show makes me angry also:mad:! I live in Coopersburg (Lehigh Valley) and went to school with a majority of spoiled little rich kids, it made me gag!

I'm going into the city to the art institute. I'm going to commute and take the train though because it's cheaper than living there and I can still go to work if I'm not living in the city

morla
07-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Here's some updated pics, you probably saw the ones GV took.

Finally sitting lower:
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0024.jpg

JDM Tail Lights
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0013-4.jpg

HKS Turbo Timer is in
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0003-2.jpg

Pioneer Head Unit was also installed
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0002-2.jpg

Just some of my inner nerd coming out
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0014-2.jpg

tristatesentra
07-31-2010, 05:53 PM
your evo is pure sexxxx amazing

morla
08-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Heading to the beach for the week but I should have stuff waiting for me when I get back right before the 4udrew show. I got an OEM vortex generator like on the mr's. I also got new lugs for the wheels, the ones I have now are just temporary and the socket rubs on the wheel so the new ones will be thinner

AlterEvo
08-02-2010, 08:05 PM
imo evo's have no buisness with roof racks, leave it for the vdub guys

you gonna rust your hood too? while your at it, you may as well get BBS's, stretch your tires, and add tons of camber lol

other then that, car looks good dude

bugeye1257
08-02-2010, 08:29 PM
^ yeh but he actually puts his into good use! haha people always give me **** for mine too but i use it! lol

morla
08-02-2010, 08:38 PM
imo evo's have no buisness with roof racks, leave it for the vdub guys

you gonna rust your hood too? while your at it, you may as well get BBS's, stretch your tires, and add tons of camber lol

other then that, car looks good dude

No I'm not doing all of that. I actually bike a lot, so it was practical for me to get one.

But while I'm thinking of it I might as well rust my hood and slam it so I can only drive on freshly paven roads. :banana:

Eclipse GSX 61
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Woooo Orlando. I haven't checked out on your thread in a few weeks and now its all different and I like it! I finally got my piece of sh!t running so you may see it at the rink sometime soon.

DannyGSX
08-02-2010, 11:17 PM
what occupation do you currently hold

morla
08-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Woooo Orlando. I haven't checked out on your thread in a few weeks and now its all different and I like it! I finally got my piece of sh!t running so you may see it at the rink sometime soon.

If you're there any time next week stop in and say hi. I'll be there from 8am-9 pm working so you will definitely see my car in the parking lot.

Eclipse GSX 61
08-02-2010, 11:49 PM
If you're there any time next week stop in and say hi. I'll be there from 8am-9 pm working so you will definitely see my car in the parking lot.

I won't be around until Saturday. I'm probably coming in for public hockey, but even then the GSX is still at JNZ Tuning because I still need tires, a tune, and an inspection lol.

BTW I'm really jealous of those Advan's a want a set sooo bad but Ill probably just settle for some Rot'as eventually considering it's a DSM and Advan's are like 1/3 of the value of the car haha.

g0dzuki
08-03-2010, 03:44 AM
looks a lot better lower

keep up the good stuff

ambitiousCK
08-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Looks great

morla
08-09-2010, 12:10 AM
So I took the bike rack off after the show today. With hockey camp counseling and work and then I start school next week, I don't think I'm going to get much more biking in. I can easily get back on though if I really feel the need to go out and bike.

On the show note however, I saw a lot of sick evo's and got a really good idea for what I want to do to mine. I'm not trying to copy or steal anybody's ideas, I just know some things that I want to do now. I want to do more CF parts and even though I just got springs and had them installed, I am kind of regretting not just saving up for coilovers. So I may or may not try to save for coilovers and sell the springs off. But nothing is a definite.

ambitiousCK
08-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Coilovers ftw

JERRYM1997
08-09-2010, 10:01 AM
I saw it at the show yesterday next to the Evo X that looked like yours but wingless. I really like that front lip.

morla
08-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey All,
I haven't updated anything in awhile so I figured I'll let you all in on what's happening.

So if you came to the 4UDrew Show you probably saw my car on one of the end spots. In the engine bay I had a white painted fuse box cover. Whoever the previous owner was must've done it because it was like that when I got it. It was very badly painted and looked like ****. So I tried to sand it down and redo it but it just looked worse. So I went ahead and just got a new one. See here is the new fuse box cover. Nothing big or exciting but it needed to get done and it helps make it look a little better.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0008-2.jpg

I got all amber side markers in today and they look great. I just like the way they look, and before you tell me I know I need to wash the car. I just haven't had much time lately.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0009-1.jpg

The night before the car show I got this in, again if you went to the show you might have saw it. It's a gurney flap for the spoiler. it's not much but I like how it gives just a little bit for flavor the wing

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0010-2.jpg

To those who know me, you know my sticker lust. I actually liked the way these turned out, so I think I'm going to keep them on. Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0014-3.jpg

And finally, I already have had this on for awhile and I've mentioned it before but here's a picture of the Weapon-R Torque Damper

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/DSC_0017-2.jpg

So there's a little update of what's happening. Again nothing major just some little things. I have a couple more things on the way and then I'll start thinking of bigger projects. I ordered an OEM MR Vortex Generator and a trunk lip that should fit right in between the wing pillars. So just some little visual upgrades coming. Like I said before, after being at the car show and walking around and looking, I really started to regret the fact that I didn't just save up and get coilovers. So I think, even though I just got the springs on, I'm going to save for some coilovers. I'm thinking possibly Stance or JIC Magics. I Would probably need them anyway if I'm going to race it at all and plus maybe for shows I'll just slam it and then get it back up for daily driving. I really started looking into some coilovers recently.

Evojm27
08-17-2010, 04:40 PM
looks great man ..i love the way the amber corners look and extra lip on spoiler fyi i have them 2 lol

ambitiousCK
08-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Coming together nicley

jesse096
08-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Wow, talk about a grad gift! Car looks amazing man! I'd love to get an Evo...

-Jesse

morla
08-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Finally got this is! It took awhile but it was worth it. The color looks a little off but it's the same as the roof

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/MyPhoto.jpg

ambitiousCK
08-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Looks goos, but it does look off color, get ready for the " Is it an MR?" questions lol

morla
08-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Looks goos, but it does look off color, get ready for the " Is it an MR?" questions lol

Yeah the color is spot on, the picture just came out funny. But I'm preparing myself for that question

lownslow95
08-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Looks good. I might end up looking at you're car if you are going to be at the BZone meet tomrrow. I'm looking to get an EVO/STi in the next couple months.

morla
08-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Looks good. I might end up looking at you're car if you are going to be at the BZone meet tomrrow. I'm looking to get an EVO/STi in the next couple months.

Well hurry and find one! I want that truck :mrgreen:

lownslow95
08-25-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm waiting on money that I'll be getting after my g/m passed away. Not the way I'd like to spend the money, but I know its what she would want me to do with it.

ambitiousCK
08-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah the color is spot on, the picture just came out funny. But I'm preparing myself for that question

Well then take more pics! =) lol

morla
08-25-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm waiting on money that I'll be getting after my g/m passed away. Not the way I'd like to spend the money, but I know its what she would want me to do with it.

Just make sure you have a picture or something always in the car so she's with you

lownslow95
08-25-2010, 08:09 PM
I have a picture of her on my fb page.

morla
08-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Well then take more pics! =) lol

well I normally don't give in to peer pressure:-p but as an aspiring photographer I don't mind:mrgreen:

Look better?

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0313.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0321.jpg

lownslow95
08-25-2010, 08:29 PM
This is actually my second favorite color behind that blue that they offered in that same year.

morla
08-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Just snapped off some quickies;)

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0330.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0336.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0350.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0358.jpg

ambitiousCK
08-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Looks great man, keep up the good work.

morla
08-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Looks great man, keep up the good work.
Did you see the other pictures? I told you the color was spot on:mrgreen:

JERRYM1997
08-25-2010, 10:58 PM
I cant tell good but i think your missing a strut bar.

morla
08-25-2010, 11:12 PM
I cant tell good but i think your missing a strut bar.

Yeah one of the support rods broke off. But I emailed apr and they are sending me replacements in the mail right now.

JERRYM1997
08-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Wow thats pretty cool theyre just sending you new ones. I used to see this all the time when I went to 2 of my friends hockey games they actually said they played on your team at one point.

morla
08-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Wow thats pretty cool theyre just sending you new ones. I used to see this all the time when I went to 2 of my friends hockey games they actually said they played on your team at one point.

Well I've played with a lot of people, what are their names?

JERRYM1997
08-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Brendan Curtis who is the fastest kid ive ever seen on the ice and Kevin Quinn, They both play for LC

morla
08-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Brendan Curtis who is the fastest kid ive ever seen on the ice and Kevin Quinn, They both play for LC

I don't remember a Kevin Quinn, but Brendan used to be my defensive partner, he's easily one of the fastest kids I've seen

JERRYM1997
08-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Yea I went to public hockey with him a few times and he is uncatchable. But on the subject you have one of the nicest Evo's around.

morla
08-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Tinted headlights, I like them a lot actually

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0372.jpg

New Illest Badge on the grill

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0374.jpg

jesse096
08-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Did you tint them with regular window tint or did you use that smoke paint?

-Jesse

morla
08-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Did you tint them with regular window tint or did you use that smoke paint?

-Jesse

I used Lamin-X Tint, it's really strong stuff that won't show any rock chips or anything

Sublime1304
08-27-2010, 12:16 AM
I used Lamin-X Tint, it's really strong stuff that won't show any rock chips or anything

Did you do it yourself? I wanna tint my tails

morla
08-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Did you do it yourself? I wanna tint my tails

yeah I did them today, it only took like 15 minutes to do. You just have to take your time and do it right

Sublime1304
08-27-2010, 12:20 AM
I wonder if my tail lights will be easy to do. I have niteshades paint but I think I'm gonna go with the tint. Where do you get this at?

morla
08-27-2010, 12:23 AM
right off of their website,

here you go, did it for you:

http://www.lamin-x.com/Dodge-Charger-05-Tail-Light-Covers-p/d210.htm

ambitiousCK
08-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Yea the paint looks alot closer on those pics than on the first one you posted, looks great. Also like the tinted headlights, keeps the whole darkened look flowing throughout the car.

morla
08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
yeah I think that's why I like it so much, it keeps the same feel throughout

ambitiousCK
08-27-2010, 01:30 PM
yeah I think that's why I like it so much, it keeps the same feel throughout

And it really goods great on the color car you have, I had the same kinda theme with my old Mazda 6i. I'm kinda trying to do the same thing with the STi but with CF lol. What's next on the "to do" list

JDMTyler3326
08-27-2010, 01:38 PM
I love your grille.

morla
08-31-2010, 03:39 PM
JDM GOODNESS!!!

As always thanks to the guys at GV making it happen:

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0396.jpg

Still have to go back though to get the exhaust shortened up a bit but it still looks good either way:

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0397.jpg

Also this little piece FINALLY came in the mail today, I had ordered it a long time ago and almost forgot about it but it came and it looks good to me:)

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0398.jpg

jesse096
08-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Deff get that exhaust shortened, still looks good, but it'd look better shortened...

-Jesse

jeffroevoix
08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Car looks great and is coming a long fast:thumbup:

I took 3" off my exhaust when I went to a JDM rear.

11secdsm
08-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Any time Mickey! Your car is looking better and better every day. Whenever you're ready to get the exhaust shortened, give us a ring.

ambitiousCK
08-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Damn that looks great man, keep up the great work, and yes get the exhaust shortened lol

Evojm27
08-31-2010, 04:39 PM
that looks awesome keep up the great work

morla
08-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Any time Mickey! Your car is looking better and better every day. Whenever you're ready to get the exhaust shortened, give us a ring.

will do, and that was one of the more interesting rides home. It was fun trying to shift with a bumper on top of your hand the whole time:mrgreen:

cb7Jr
08-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Really nice car

dudewheresmycar
08-31-2010, 05:53 PM
one nice graduation present haha.good luck with it

bugeye1257
08-31-2010, 06:12 PM
damn mickey going all jdm on us haha cars looking great man! now get some performance parts

morla
08-31-2010, 06:50 PM
damn mickey going all jdm on us haha cars looking great man! now get some performance parts
I'm working on it! I have to figure what I want to get and in what order

cmr076
08-31-2010, 07:37 PM
**** what everyone says, if their parents bought them a car they would take it in a heart beat (me included)

morla
09-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Just a little update. I've hit a minor setback in the car. My front splitter and the lip ripped off the car while I was driving. I heard the rattle and started to slow down, as I pulled over I didn't hear it anymore and sure enough the splitter and lip fell off. So right now there's no lip or anything on my bumper. It doesn't look horrible but it is annoying to not have it on. I ripped APR a new one because I've had several problems with the splitter and it weighing the lip down and not being fully supported. So I'm taking care of a new lip and I'll have a new one.

Here's what the damage was

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/photo3.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/photo2.jpg

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0402.jpg

But on some lighter news I got a Broadview Rear View mirror and it's pretty sweet, it helps a lot.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/mickeyorlando/IMG_0410.jpg

So soon enough hopefully my car will be back in order.

I think soon I'm going to get a Perrin FMIC from the good guys at JSC Speed. Probably go stealth black on it. I'm also throwing around the idea of having my wheels redone a different color. I just want something that really pops. I was thinking white but I don't know how that looks on dark grey cars

ambitiousCK
09-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Sucks about the splitter man, +1 on the FMIC, +1 on the white rims, -1 for the wink mirror lol

Teku18
09-04-2010, 08:31 PM
White works with just about every color. Sucks about the splitter and lip. Is APR taking care of both or no? How much does that mirror improve your vision out the back window?

ambitiousCK
09-04-2010, 08:32 PM
just went through your whole build thread....damn...teh car has come along way man, keep up the good work!

morla
09-04-2010, 08:41 PM
White works with just about every color. Sucks about the splitter and lip. Is APR taking care of both or no? How much does that mirror improve your vision out the back window?

yeah it does a lot actually. I was really surprised. I don't like turning around to see my blind spots and it helps out a lot more than I though it would. APR is taking car of my lip, I'm sure I can get a splitter out of them too but I'm so done with the splitter, it's been nothing but problems.

CK, thanks, yeah I've been doing a lot. It's funny to see my list of what I originally wanted and what it is now.

11secdsm
09-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Ouch! That sucks!

JERRYM1997
09-04-2010, 11:09 PM
White wheels will be sick bro, that whole splitter fiasco really sucks when I saw the car one of the supports was missing and I guess its just not a good product. Sick bumper.

Evojm27
09-05-2010, 01:05 AM
that sucks about the splitter... hope you can fix the lip (btw thats the lip i plan on getting too lol)

morla
09-11-2010, 10:56 PM
so I'm really thinking of getting the wheels redone. I need suggestions on what color to do. I was thinking white or yellow or possibly a brighter blue/teal?

Any suggestions or ideas? If anyone has pics of anything on a grey car like mine that would be great.

JERRYM1997
09-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Def go with the white. Yellow will get old real fast and blue wouldnt be right with the gray.

Sublime1304
09-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Go with the white. I've seen grey cars with white wheels and it looks really nice. Plus everything goes with white

JDMTyler3326
09-11-2010, 11:15 PM
I think a dark purple would be sweet.

Sublime1304
09-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Purple would look pretty sweet too. Green would be cool but that's just me

JERRYM1997
09-12-2010, 12:08 AM
white or metallic dark purple. Like the color of Bam Margeras Gallardo.

ambitiousCK
09-12-2010, 12:11 AM
lime green or white

Evojm27
09-12-2010, 12:12 AM
purple or white

morla
09-12-2010, 12:12 AM
yeah purple would look pretty sweet, ugh decisions, decisions...

maybe pink:wink:

Forc3 F3d
09-12-2010, 12:33 AM
or just resist the temptation to get obnoxious colors like everyone and their brother, and leave the wheels as they are.:roll:

TalonTsi97
09-12-2010, 12:48 AM
or just resist the temptation to get obnoxious colors like everyone and their brother, and leave the wheels as they are.:roll:

Exactly what i was going to say :mrgreen:

ambitiousCK
09-12-2010, 12:49 AM
they are baller rims in general, that being said i dont regret powdercoating my Works rims but if i were you id get something that is nice and unique but not out there like the pink idea. There not Rotas there Advans lol Also why are you selling the stockers? if you drive in the winter at all id advise against selling them or using the Advans in winter....Replacing a $650+ rim because you slid into a curb sounds alot worse than finding someone else whose selling their stockers

morla
09-12-2010, 12:52 AM
No i was just kidding with the pink, I leave that to the 240 guys to do. I love the white idea, I've just never seen them on a dark grey car so it makes me wonder how they'll look

ambitiousCK
09-12-2010, 12:55 AM
its not a 9 nor are they Advans but it gives you an idea...
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/letitroll87/Brake%20Pads/WhiteWheelGGX.jpg

morla
09-12-2010, 12:56 AM
the pic is not showing up :-/ but I don't need specific car and wheel pictures, just grey car and white wheels

ambitiousCK
09-12-2010, 01:02 AM
the pic is not showing up :-/ but I don't need specific car and wheel pictures, just grey car and white wheels

yea then i tried to delete it and failed at that too lol this is the best i could do...
http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6429891

JERRYM1997
09-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Its a grey 10 with white wheels I tried to post it earlier ck.

ambitiousCK
09-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Its a grey 10 with white wheels I tried to post it earlier ck.

yep so i just gave him the link....thats literally the only car i found lol

JERRYM1997
09-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Oh wow you posted literally right before I cliked reply. Yea i couldnt find anything else either.

300zx_tt
09-12-2010, 01:10 AM
pretty sure cbass? has a speed3 on white wheels let me look for it.....

300zx_tt
09-12-2010, 01:14 AM
its a lighter grey/silver but its better than nothing
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102153

morla
09-12-2010, 01:18 AM
yeah I see cbass's all the time his silver on white looks real good. I like that X though, looks good to me

ambitiousCK
09-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Yea white would be a good way to go, where are you going to get them powder coated? Also what about the winter rim question?

morla
09-12-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm would get them done at bonehead performance, they're literally like 5 minutes away so I would take the convenience of them not being far. But I heard LPC is good too

white boy
09-12-2010, 11:51 AM
purple would look sweet

JERRYM1997
09-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Here is an old RC car I have maybe this helps.
http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af294/JERRYM1997/Picture685.jpg?t=1284309682

ambitiousCK
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm would get them done at bonehead performance, they're literally like 5 minutes away so I would take the convenience of them not being far. But I heard LPC is good too

LPC FTW...nothing against bonehead but there expensive, i got my works rims done there for 280$ and hes currently having a sale. I think at bonehead powdercoating is over 400$

morla
09-12-2010, 02:18 PM
LPC FTW...nothing against bonehead but there expensive, i got my works rims done there for 280$ and hes currently having a sale. I think at bonehead powdercoating is over 400$

nah they're right around $300 or so. but I'm going to see if they can fix so curb rash and make the diameter around the lug opening a little bigger. When I try to fit the wrench in it rubs just enough to scratch just a little bit. I got thinner lugs but it's still rubbing so I would like them to make the hole a little bigger so I can fit my tools in:wink: