PDA

View Full Version : Need MSP help asap

disturbedfan121
05-17-2010, 10:33 PM
this is posted on several forums to expand opinions for help lol

Ok so driving home from work today i went to pass a bus and gave it a little gas. seriously a little bit like prob not even 25% throttle, the car moved, felt like it misfired a little bit, like nothing crazy(most likely did)

Then it decided it didn't want to run anymore.i kept it in gear and gave it some gas, and heard a bunch of misfires and now the car can barely idle. like its barely 100rpm and the ecu throws fuel at it, idle bounces up to about 600 then back down and the cycle continues. Knowing how a car works I know only 3 things really stop a car from running, no fuel, no air, no spark

My first thought was maybe the IC piping blew off (weapon R hard pipes, custom SMIC) but they're fine. I just installed a boost gauge so thought maybe the vacuum line blew off or something, and all vacuum lines i could find are attached and no holes.

2nd' thought was spark.I just put new wires and coil packs on the car. but thought maybe a coil pack blew so i put the old coil packs and wires, same issue. Just plugged the plugs and they are fouled quite badly(dry, but black and reeks of fuel) but don't know if it was prior to or after the misfire.

I know fueling is fine because of how rich its smelling by throwing fuel at the problem, which is the only reason why the car is still running at all.

I have had a CEL on for O2 sensor and the car ran fine pretty much, but i figured maybe a new one popped up, so i checked it and still only the one code (P0131).

I disconnected the battery and I'm letting it sit over night to reset the ECU and whatnot. Plans for tomorrow are to get new plugs hook battery back up and see from there.

Anyone have any ideas?

SIDENOTE- what color are MSP injectors? i have 2 green and 2 purple....doesn't seem right...

Duffbuster243
05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
It could be the camshaft position sensor, the one bolted to the side of the valve cover. Also, the green and purple injectors are the correct ones for the MSP. Each color has a different spray pattern I believe.

justinlansdale
05-18-2010, 10:11 AM
really sounds like a blown coupler, same thing happened to me a while back, ended up blowing off the blindside coupler on the IC.
are you on a relocated MAF?

disturbedfan121
05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
nope maf in same spot, i checked them all already, maybe a hole blew through the coupler? idk. might try and AAA it to precision tuning, and have them smoke test the car....

Hondaeat-r
06-02-2010, 09:29 PM
It's a MSP, that's whats wrong, lol. No offense, I have one.

disturbedfan121
06-02-2010, 09:32 PM
lol its cool, been fixed since the 19th and running fine. actually just got 400 to my tank of 12.4gal and 400/12.4=32mpg ftw lol and i still have a couple exhaust leaks