PDA

View Full Version : my mk4 1.8t won't start...

nhanxsolo
05-08-2010, 12:19 PM
My mk4 won't start. I drove it this morning to a restaurant and when I came out, it would not start. When I turn the key, it makes rapid clicking noises and every light on the speedometer flashes on and off with the noise. Is my starter bad? fuel pump or relay? anyone had a similar problem?

clay
05-08-2010, 12:51 PM
did you check battery voltage?

Spoolin_TT
05-08-2010, 04:22 PM
yeah bud i dunno check the battery if not its your battery terminals im guessing because my terminals were corroded and I had to adjust them until i could get some juice to them and then the car started fine...try getting like new terminals or something if thats the case. Like I said its a guess because something simular happen to me but i hope this helps...goodluck

Got Insulin?
05-08-2010, 04:28 PM
In for the terminals.

When you click the key over to the position right before "Start" can you hear the fuel pump turn on? It's probably somewhere in the rear seat area. Usually when your starter is bad, it tends to be a progressive thing in my experience. Keep us posted, good luck with it.

nhanxsolo
05-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, turns out it was the alternator. $200 and 4 hours later it powers fine now... onto another problem I will make a new thread about.