PDA

View Full Version : Philly SCCA: Holbert Memorial May 15 & 16

oneday
04-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Mark your calendars now for the two day Al Holbert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Holbert) Memorial autocross! We will be having this charity event on May 15 & 16 at the Citizen's Bank Park lots.

This two day event will have two different courses and count as two separate points events (you get season points for your finishing position each day) and the overall winner (best times from both days) wins the coveted Al Holbert Memorial Trophy

Registration will be open soon and more details about run groups/order and costs will be up soon too. I will update this thread once that info is available.

You can also go to PhillySCCA.com (www.phillyscca.com) for additional information.

oneday
05-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Link to event details (http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6140&p=65570#p65570)

Link to registration (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/5F885E0A-BDFE-4A85-4762CB2A770D5A97)

Philly Region SCCA is very pleased to announce that Pre-Registration for the 2010 Holbert Memorial is now open. This charity event will donate to three very great charities, and we hope you will choose to be apart of our event.

Philadelphia Region, SCCA
2010 Holbert Charity Solo Event
Supplemental Rules

Special Event: This charity event is a special 2-day solo event held under SCCA Solo Rules and hosted annually by the Philadelphia Region of the SCCA. This year’s charitable contribution in honor of Al Holbert will be divided among three charities, SCCA Foundation, Warminster Community Park, and Frank Gonzalez Fund at the National Corvette Museum. In the past, this has been Philly Region’s biggest event of the year with more than 200 participants including some of the best solo drivers in the Northeast United States.

The Holbert Trophy: This event features a special “Holbert Trophy” for the driver whose combined best times from both days produces the lowest indexed time. The 2010 PAX index multiplier is posted at http://scca-chicago.com/solo/indexes/rtp2010.html and will be applied to all drivers. Everyone has a chance to win the “Holbert Trophy”, however in order to be eligible, competitors must compete during both days of competition in the same class. Last year’s winner, Sal DiPompo, will bring the Holbert Trophy back to determine who gets to take the Trophy home for 2010.

Class Trophies and Points: Class finishing position trophies and points will also be awarded for each single day of competition, both Saturday and Sunday, per our standard Philly Region Supplemental Rules.

Passengers: During this event passengers will NOT be permitted. Our novice drivers may still request to have an instructor ride with them, but passengers allowed under our normal Supplemental Rules will not be permitted.

Registration: The cost of this 2-day charity event is $70 for SCCA members. Registration for a single day of competition is available at our standard pricing of $40/day for SCCA members. Non-members may purchase temporary weekend memberships for $10. Pre-Registration is available through our http://www.phillyscca.com web page and closes on Thursday, May 13, 2010 at midnight. Day of Event registration will be available for an additional fee of $5.

Entry Cap: Entries to this event are limited to 180 participants.

All-Day Format: This event will be run using a full-day format as outlined in the 2010 Philly Region Solo Supplemental Rules. All competitors must check-in at the Registration Table and go through Tech Inspection in the morning. Saturday competitors ONLY are not required to check-in at the Registration Table or go through Tech Inspection on Sunday.

Run-Work Order: The event will be run with three heats using the following run groups:
• Group A - C, D, E, F, G, & H Stock
• Group B - Street Modified, Street Touring, Modified, & FSAE
• Group C - S, A, & B Stock, Street Prepared, Pro, Prepared, & F125
The run-work order will be rotated from Saturday to Sunday as follows:

Saturday Run-Work Order:
• Heat 1 - Group A runs, Group C works
• Heat 2 - Group B runs, Group A works
• Heat 3 - Group C runs, Group B works
Sunday Run-Work Order:
• Heat 1 - Group C runs, Group B works
• Heat 2 - Group A runs, Group C works
• Heat 3 - Group B runs, Group A works

Number of Runs: There will be 4 runs on both Saturday and Sunday.

Overnight Parking: There is no overnight camping, however, vehicles and trailers may be left overnight on Saturday. Security will be provided, but all overnight parking is at your own risk.

Holbert Event Schedule:

Saturday & Sunday

7:15 a.m. Gate opens.
8:00 a.m. Please plan to arrive on site at this time.
8:00-8:30 a.m. Pre-Registration Check-In at the Registration Table.
8:30-9:00 a.m. On-site Registration at the Registration Table.
8:15-8:45 a.m. Pre-Registration Tech Inspection.
8:45-9:15 Tech Inspection.
9:00 a.m. Novice course walk.
9:15 a.m. Course closed for walking.
9:30 a.m. Driver’s Meeting – mandatory for all participants.
9:45 a.m. Heat 1 cars report to Grid, Heat 1 workers report to station.
10:00 a.m. First car off.
Trophies Will be awarded promptly following the end of competition.

Please refer to the Philly Region 2010 Supplemental Rules at:
Philly Solo2 Rules (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/flyers/2010/supp_rules.htm)
These rules will apply except as modified in the special Holbert Supplemental Rules provided above and as may be amended in subsequent posting or at the event site.
Holbert Supplemental Rules PDF (http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/download/file.php?id=463)

It'd be great to see lots of you guys out at least one day of this two-day event!

sean3
05-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Is there still a noise limit at CBP?

oneday
05-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Yes.

Maximum limit of 96db, "A" weighted, "slow" response, at the measuring point.
Noise supps. (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/flyers/2010/supp_rules.htm#sound_appx)

That is really loud. I can only think of one car that was over that in the last year.

IMPREZvWRX
05-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Yes.

Noise supps. (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/flyers/2010/supp_rules.htm#sound_appx)

That is really loud. I can only think of one car that was over that in the last year.
Was it a black Cobra?

oneday
05-14-2010, 10:02 AM
^No it was a smaller output car (I think it was a Miata, actually)...the V8s usually "sound" loud but don't register on the dB scale as much...the smaller motors have a frequency that carries farther and measure louder.

Weather is looking stellar for this weekend! I only wish I could go both Saturday and Sunday....but will have to make do with just Sunday.

jcr557
05-14-2010, 10:46 AM
ill be there on saturday

cluelessmale
05-14-2010, 03:07 PM
i will be there saturday

FocusDude
05-14-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm planning on attending Sunday.

HQuakers
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Does it cost anything to spectate? I'd like to swing by there early afternoon to check it out.

oneday
05-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Spectating is always free at Philly SCCA autocrosses, you just need to sign the waiver to be on site.

SeMaxima99
05-14-2010, 08:26 PM
ill be there both saturday and sunday

wheresmycar
05-14-2010, 09:55 PM
What time does this usually end?

Zillon
05-14-2010, 10:47 PM
I'd expect things to wrap up around 5 or so.

Shame I won't be able to attend the Holbert Memorial event this year, my car's not ready, and I'm concentrating more on my mountain bike racing this year.

I'll be out later in the season, I promised the girlfriend I'd take her out on a few runs this year. :mrgreen:

Simmons-Racing
05-14-2010, 10:51 PM
I will be there with the AWD Civic

Eric

Glick
05-15-2010, 08:45 PM
I was at the Mini ride and drive event across the street today and went over to check out the autocross since I have heard good things about the Philly region. Are the courses normally that big or was it just this venue?

IMPREZvWRX
05-15-2010, 09:14 PM
How many runs did you get at the mini thing?

Ciotti
05-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Was it a black Cobra?

Gee thanks Chris, I was actually 1 db under the limit with the silencers in the tips at the last Philly event I went to late in 08' but apparently (according to a complaint/call out by one of their regulars on their public forum) I was too loud on my way TO the event in the morning on public roads with 5 cars following me so I (and they) haven't been back since and probably never will :)

FocusDude
05-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Awesome day today for whacking cones! My best time today was a 61.292. Eh! It was a blast though.

Glick
05-16-2010, 03:45 PM
How many runs did you get at the mini thing?

Four runs in a Cooper S, two in an N/A model with eco tires, and two in a JCW. Well worth the drive.

FocusDude
05-16-2010, 05:28 PM
I was at the Mini ride and drive event across the street today and went over to check out the autocross since I have heard good things about the Philly region. Are the courses normally that big or was it just this venue?

Todays course was about 50 seconds, 60+ for me. I've been to one other event this year at CBP and the course was about the same. I know when the events are held at Warminster the courses are typically a tad longer.

And today one of the drivers from the min event brought a mini over and ran it (i didn't catch times). The mini event was dead by the time second heat was over and we rolled out.

IMPREZvWRX
05-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Four runs in a Cooper S, two in an N/A model with eco tires, and two in a JCW. Well worth the drive.
I ended up driving there and turning around. It didn't look worth the time. I ended up taking the family to the zoo instead.

Simmons-Racing
05-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Here is my run from Sunday in the CRX 52.4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X4oXd-GezQ

Eric

moose00015
05-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Made it out today. It was my first time at an autox, something I had wanted to try for a while. I had an instructor ride with me the first two runs I did. First run was a 71.XXX, knocked 7 seconds off that time on my second run and by the final run, I had knocked 11.5 seconds off to have a best run of 60.2XX I will definately be back for another event!

oneday
05-17-2010, 10:05 AM
one of the drivers from the min event brought a mini over and ran it (i didn't catch times).

That was GJ Dixon...he ran a hair under 53s on Sunday.

Made it out today. It was my first time at an autox, something I had wanted to try for a while. I had an instructor ride with me the first two runs I did. First run was a 71.XXX, knocked 7 seconds off that time on my second run and by the final run, I had knocked 11.5 seconds off to have a best run of 60.2XX I will definately be back for another event!

Awesome! Glad to hear you had fun and will be back! Maybe check out the Evolution Performance Driving School (http://www.evoschool.com/index.php?page=classes) that we have coming up in October...

Sunday's course was fast...lots of fun and brutal in the B-Mod--I have a ding on the right side of my helmet from smacking my head on the roll bar in that fast left hand sweeper (the last left of the course)...the bumpiness makes it tough to keep the power down...hopefully we can get that fixed before divisionals.

Philly03wagon
05-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I was there as well yesturday but I wasnt racing, just spectating (had on the black sneakers with bright green soles at the bottom lol). I hung out with Josh Luster and his STU prepped STi with his codriver Shane. I think Shane took first place in STU (I could be terribly wrong though). I also went for a ride in the STi on one of the runs, car was def fast and fun.

Any body know what happened to the guy who they had to call the ambulance for?

piknockout
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Glad you enjoyed the ride Luis! My apologies if it seemed like I was ignoring you some while we were running but we were trying to spray down tires, check pressures, figure out what to change on the car, etc.

I definitely enjoyed the course yesterday and it was good to get the car setup with the new tires. We switched from RE-11's to Z1's and the tires were brand new. So we spend the first 4 runs just trying to get the tires scrubbed in (we had 10 total thanks to some downed cones, but Shane got both of them) and the car was sliding everywhere. After that the car still couldn't get any grip, and knowing that the Z1's have a stiffer sidewall, plus we just did all the bushings in the car (stiffer setup), I was thinking that perhaps the tires are getting loaded too quickly and just sliding around. So for the final 4 runs (1 for me, 3 for Shane...b@stard) we dropped the rebound 4 clicks all around and instantly the car felt fantastic. With the new setup and extra runs, Shane was able to PAX 8th overall on his last run. I'll post videos later.