PDA

View Full Version : 323ci exhaust

TopasE46
04-25-2010, 09:52 PM
i just got a 00' 323ci 2 days ago and ive been looking for a good exhaust for it. any suggestions???

G.T.
04-26-2010, 08:28 PM
i just got a 00' 323ci 2 days ago and ive been looking for a good exhaust for it. any suggestions???

congrats on new purchase.

what is your budget?

are you looking for a full exhaust?

supersprint and uuc are two popular non-m e46 choices, but there are a lot out there.

TopasE46
04-26-2010, 08:39 PM
congrats on new purchase.

what is your budget?

are you looking for a full exhaust?

supersprint and uuc are two popular non-m e46 choices, but there are a lot out there.

thanks.budget is really not an issue ill just have to save cuz all my money went to the car and now im broke lol. yeah a full exhaust is what im looking for. thanks ill look more into them.

zmainiac
04-30-2010, 03:52 PM
go onto e46fanatics.com and they have good advice on everything. I don't know what mine is but it sounds good. Came with the car. There is some advice on which ebay headers actually work. VAC motorsports in south jersey build's racing BMW engines and has a lot of cool stuff. Pricy but they can tune ecus and have 2 dynos.

G.T.
05-02-2010, 02:56 AM
thanks.budget is really not an issue ill just have to save cuz all my money went to the car and now im broke lol. yeah a full exhaust is what im looking for. thanks ill look more into them.

i hear ya. i should clarify that when i mentioned uuc and supersprint, i was not referring to full exhaust. supersprint does make headers all the way back but, afaik, uuc does not.

what kind of sound are you looking for?

the best suggestion i have is to see if you can hear a 323 or at least a non-m e46 with the exhaust you are looking for or considering. obviously a 325 or other non-m e46 will sound a little different, but it will give some idea.

as zmainiac suggested, e46fanatics is a place to start. it is not always good for advice especially for broad questions but it is like any other forum. you might be able to find local folks with exhaust setups and meet up with them.

youtube or any posted vids provide a rough idea but i really suggest, as above, to try and hear in person. vids rarely capture the sound accurately especially drone if that is a concern (big one for me).

there is always the custom exhaust route. and that actually can be more cost effective for exhaust behind/after headers.

go onto e46fanatics.com and they have good advice on everything. I don't know what mine is but it sounds good. Came with the car. There is some advice on which ebay headers actually work. VAC motorsports in south jersey build's racing BMW engines and has a lot of cool stuff. Pricy but they can tune ecus and have 2 dynos.

do you have pics of your exhaust?

ebay headers can work but fitment is hit or miss.

it is not a big deal but vac motorsports is in philly. tuning the dme is definitely an option. if the OP is looking for significant power gains with this car, the only real option is f/i.

TopasE46
05-02-2010, 10:35 PM
i hear ya. i should clarify that when i mentioned uuc and supersprint, i was not referring to full exhaust. supersprint does make headers all the way back but, afaik, uuc does not.

what kind of sound are you looking for?

the best suggestion i have is to see if you can hear a 323 or at least a non-m e46 with the exhaust you are looking for or considering. obviously a 325 or other non-m e46 will sound a little different, but it will give some idea.

as zmainiac suggested, e46fanatics is a place to start. it is not always good for advice especially for broad questions but it is like any other forum. you might be able to find local folks with exhaust setups and meet up with them.

youtube or any posted vids provide a rough idea but i really suggest, as above, to try and hear in person. vids rarely capture the sound accurately especially drone if that is a concern (big one for me).

there is always the custom exhaust route. and that actually can be more cost effective for exhaust behind/after headers.

do you have pics of your exhaust?

ebay headers can work but fitment is hit or miss.

it is not a big deal but vac motorsports is in philly. tuning the dme is definitely an option. if the OP is looking for significant power gains with this car, the only real option is f/i.

i checked out the uuc exhaust and thats exactly what im looking for. they do make a full exhaust and the sound is amazing and looks OEM which is nice. currently thats what im saving up for.expensive, but i think for 1200 i cant get anything better.

TopasE46
05-02-2010, 10:36 PM

thanks. def will check it out

zmainiac
05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Here you go.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s209/zmainiac/car013.jpg