PDA

View Full Version : oil change places for lowered cars...

EM2Pa
01-27-2006, 02:39 AM
sorry not doing it myself, and plz dont post, do it yourself u save tons of money etc etc etc. TIA. i kno of oil lube express but they charge a lot and was wondering any other places in the area. thanx. preferably inground ramps or drive over pits.

accord_racer90
01-27-2006, 10:32 AM
you need to find a place with a pit and the only place i know of is oil lube express or jiffy lube id say do it your self it only takes 15 min at most

teh DIRT
01-27-2006, 10:46 AM
didnt he just say DONT say do it yourself.

hey to help you out more we need to know where you are located. jiffy lube around me uses a pit.

BlackBulletTSi
01-27-2006, 10:54 AM
IF you live in the levittown area I know Millers Quick Lube is able to do lowered cars. I've taken my old satty there that was lowered about 2-2 1/2 inches and they did it no problem. Good pricing to!

underpressure02
01-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Where are you located?

1988 Olds
01-27-2006, 12:22 PM
you need to find a place with a pit and the only place i know of is oil lube express or jiffy lube id say do it your self it only takes 15 min at most

No Offense man but you are redicolous. Every thread you post is stupid. I'm going to to guess it would take him 15 minutes to even figure out how to jack the car up if you can even fit a jack underneath it. That's even assuming he knows how to change the oil.

EM2Pa - That place that was suggested isn't bad. If your coming all the way to L-town I could probably help ya do it also for a 6-pack.

smoger
01-27-2006, 12:33 PM
i have a mobil shop 2 blocks from my apt :) best oil change place ever. in and out in 15 minutes.. mobil 1 in stock, and free car wash everytime as well as fluid checks, window cleaning, and vacuuming all included.

never had a problem with my car being lowered, just had to be a little careful pulling in because the driveway is steep.

not sure where you are but thats on frankford ave in northeast philly. if you need me to be more specific let me know

EM2Pa
01-27-2006, 03:20 PM
im in the west chester area. only places i kno around here are the oil lube expresses. they charge around 50 bucks for mobil 1 and regular is like 35. anyone kno ohter good places around here? i dont mind a place near king of prussia either, i go there a lot as well.

underpressure02
01-27-2006, 03:25 PM
My car is 3 inchs off the ground and I have no problem jacking it up and changing the oil. How low is your car btw?

EM2Pa
01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
well i took a soda can and if u put the soda can infront of the car straight up it hits it. if you put it sideways it goes over and the sides are as low as the can of soda on its side. its not super low, i can just get over some speedbumps without problems. use to be lower but i raised it up. i've jacked the car up myself with a jack by using boards and a hydraulic jack and stands to change tires and my coilovers, i just am not oil change inclined, especially when its 30 degrees outside and not a flat spot.

HickRocket1258
01-27-2006, 04:00 PM
You can try Pardo's Automotive Service in West Chester off the street going into West Chester from paoli pike. It's like a block down from the Wendy's. My parents and I get a good amount of service from them considering they are our friends. One guy used to race and the other still does.

RoaminCoyote
01-27-2006, 04:01 PM
I was going to suggest Takata ramps, but you don't want to do it yourself. What does Tolsdorf charge if you bring your own oil?? like say if you went with Royal Purple or someother brand. Maybe you could just bring your own oil and they'll charge the basic service??

-wYlie

TROLL
01-27-2006, 04:53 PM
i have a low profile jack but it still wont fit under my jack plate, so i just drive it up onto about an inch worth of boards in order to fit it underneath. pretty simple. just make sure to have the car level while you're doing the change so jack the front and rear up evenly (and use jack stands!!)
if you cant find someone to do the job for you get in touch with me and we can figure it out one day, shouldnt be too hard at all.
bryan

Intercooled T
01-27-2006, 04:53 PM
just take it to walmart, $11 oil change, they use pits...end of story

TROLL
01-27-2006, 04:57 PM
winnAr

DropTopChevy
01-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah who does this noob think he is?

EM2Pa
01-27-2006, 05:24 PM
You can try Pardo's Automotive Service in West Chester off the street going into West Chester from paoli pike. It's like a block down from the Wendy's. My parents and I get a good amount of service from them considering they are our friends. One guy used to race and the other still does.

just so u kno, i went to pardos before and got an alignment. i had hit a curb and all i needed was a good alignment to get it fixed. they ended making me have to take the front bumper off to get it on their alignment rack and then ended up charging me 200 dollars for the alignment when i could get it for a lot less than 200. they also took all day too, but thats another story. Not sure how much business u do with them tho.

hotflames786
01-28-2006, 06:02 PM
I take mine to walmart haha....it's lowered..they're better than the damn car dealer...maybe it's cause they like me at walmart too since i'm a girl but whatever....

EM2Pa
01-29-2006, 01:36 AM
ill have to check out this walmart oil change thing. do they really have a inground pit?

blkbomber01
01-29-2006, 03:20 AM
i wouldnt trust wal-mart with anything.... i heard a lot of horror stories about there work. oh, and btw, i can do oil changes on lowered cars at my work. look in my garage and see how low my car is, and it fits no problem on my lifts

ITSTOCK
01-29-2006, 01:11 PM
I have a low profile jack and I still have to use the "tire change" jack (that comes with the car) to jack it up enough to fit the low profile jack underneath of it (the subframe connectors are another 1.5"s closer to the ground). It's a pain in the ass, and the thing I dread most when working on the car (for example, if I need to pull the trans, jacking it up sucks the most).

I don't blame you for wanting to bring it somewhere! How much does wallmart charge??? Is it only like 5-10bucks labor?

smoger
01-29-2006, 01:49 PM
i wouldnt trust wal-mart with anything.... i heard a lot of horror stories about there work. oh, and btw, i can do oil changes on lowered cars at my work. look in my garage and see how low my car is, and it fits no problem on my lifts

i concur with that.. i cringe when i go into walmart for anything, and no way id trust those idiots with my car

ITSTOCK
01-29-2006, 02:02 PM
How do you screw up an oil change???? I'm pretty sure even walmart employees could handle that.

blkbomber01
01-29-2006, 03:29 PM
How do you screw up an oil change???? I'm pretty sure even walmart employees could handle that.
double gasket the filter, not put oil in it, double fill the oil, etc...

ITSTOCK
01-29-2006, 03:49 PM
double gasket the filter, not put oil in it, double fill the oil, etc...

like I said, I'm pretty sure even a walmart employee could handle that.

smoger
01-29-2006, 04:48 PM

ive seen walmart employees that dont know their own store policies, can't follow a conversation, can't count, etc etc.

i personally wouldnt put anything past them. (besides, how much pride in their job do you think a mechanic being paid 8 bucks an hour has?)

accord_racer90
01-29-2006, 07:39 PM
No Offense man but you are redicolous. Every thread you post is stupid. I'm going to to guess it would take him 15 minutes to even figure out how to jack the car up if you can even fit a jack underneath it. That's even assuming he knows how to change the oil.

EM2Pa - That place that was suggested isn't bad. If your coming all the way to L-town I could probably help ya do it also for a 6-pack.

ok whatever dude im just vtryin to help him out i dont see how what i said was stupid

accord_racer90
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah who does this noob think he is?

ya conciderin i work at a car dealership iv been studyin to be a mechanic for 4 years so what who your callin noob

1988 Olds
01-29-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm just saying I don't think you could do an oil change in 15 minutes without a lift.

HickRocket1258
01-29-2006, 10:38 PM
just so u kno, i went to pardos before and got an alignment. i had hit a curb and all i needed was a good alignment to get it fixed. they ended making me have to take the front bumper off to get it on their alignment rack and then ended up charging me 200 dollars for the alignment when i could get it for a lot less than 200. they also took all day too, but thats another story. Not sure how much business u do with them tho.
Yeah we just get a lot of regular maintence stuff done by them. My dad helps him with his tax work and all too so we are pretty close with him. Sorry they charged you so much.

accord_racer90
01-30-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm just saying I don't think you could do an oil change in 15 minutes without a lift.
its possable

smoger
01-30-2006, 09:39 AM
its possable

especially if theres no spelling involved :rolleyes:

Intercooled T
01-30-2006, 09:55 AM
you could if you had ramps. walmart charges about $11 for everything, taken you get standard oil and not synthetic

accord_racer90
01-30-2006, 11:30 AM
especially if theres no spelling involved :rolleyes:
o im not a good speller so what

1988 Olds
01-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah dude it's cool. I know it personally takes me over 30 minutes usually buy the time you get everything out and all. Oil takes time to drain, drink w/e lol. If you bring that car to L-town I'll personally help ya do it.

DropTopChevy
01-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah dude it's cool. I know it personally takes me over 30 minutes usually buy the time you get everything out and all. Oil takes time to drain, drink w/e lol. If you bring that car to L-town I'll personally help ya do it.
Praise it brother. Yeah it takes just 15 minutes to drain the oil, and like 5 minutes to tilt the car to the side and get on ramps. And on the hondas, isnt the filter right below the intake manifold on the back side of the engine? I remember doing an integra once and it was a ***** getting my hand up there and using my kung-fu grip to get it off. I personally wouldnt trust walmart and pep-boys.

Intercooled T
01-30-2006, 01:12 PM
just dont' make my mistake...

lowering the car down from ramps while the catch-can is still under the car...tipped it over and my driveway looked like the exxon valdez

07BlackSS
01-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Praise it brother. Yeah it takes just 15 minutes to drain the oil, and like 5 minutes to tilt the car to the side and get on ramps. And on the hondas, isnt the filter right below the intake manifold on the back side of the engine? I remember doing an integra once and it was a ***** getting my hand up there and using my kung-fu grip to get it off. I personally wouldnt trust walmart and pep-boys.

Yes on my honda it is a bitch and a half to do it. I change the filter every other time usually because its such a bitch...depending on how much I beat on the car. EM2PA, I could do your oil no problem and WC is not that far from me. PM me and we can set something up...I'll teach you how to do, it's not that hard of a process....should be about 30-45 minutes depending on the cooperation form the oil filter... :mad:

underpressure02
01-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Yes on my honda it is a bitch and a half to do it. I change the filter every other time usually because its such a bitch...depending on how much I beat on the car. EM2PA, I could do your oil no problem and WC is not that far from me. PM me and we can set something up...I'll teach you how to do, it's not that hard of a process....should be about 30-45 minutes depending on the cooperation form the oil filter... :mad:

What are you talking about. Changing the oil filer on the honda is the easiest thing. Just reach up from the bottom and unscrew it. You do know changing the filter every other time is about as smart as some of accordracers posts. :supz:

Gorilla Unit 33
01-30-2006, 02:20 PM
ok heres a walmart horror story for u just happened this past summer to a guy my mother works with. guy takes his nissan to walmart for an oil change & gets it back drives about 2 miles down the road and turns onto 420 to get on 95 to go home. well right before he gets on 95 he decides to clean his windows so he goes to spray the windsheld washer fluid and when he does oil squirts out and fills his whole winsheild blocking any if not all of his veiw. he couldnt see struggling to stop he slams right into a gaurd rail cars totalled and he gets really bad physical damage to his neck. LAW SUIT in order as i type and hes going to get more then half a million. here when the guys down at walmart drained the oil one of them poured the new oil in his winsheild washer fluid resivior.

back on topic i thought they outlawed oil pits because enviormental issues of oil being able to still seep through the cement pits and into the ground?

07BlackSS
01-30-2006, 02:20 PM
What are you talking about. Changing the oil filer on the honda is the easiest thing. Just reach up from the bottom and unscrew it. You do know changing the filter every other time is about as smart as some of accordracers posts. :supz:

hahaha...maybe I am just to lazy I guess then, but then again I usually change my oil every 2500 miles. When the turbo goes on, I am going to change it everytime. I have just read some topics on Honda-tech.com and it's not really required if you change the oil as often as i do.

Gorilla Unit 33
01-30-2006, 02:21 PM
. You do know changing the filter every other time is about as smart as some of accordracers posts. :supz:
LMFAO :rotfl:

underpressure02
01-30-2006, 03:32 PM
hahaha...maybe I am just to lazy I guess then, but then again I usually change my oil every 2500 miles. When the turbo goes on, I am going to change it everytime. I have just read some topics on Honda-tech.com and it's not really required if you change the oil as often as i do.

I have been on H-T since 2002 and have never heard of not changing your oil filter. I guess if you don't really care about your motor you don't need to change it but you have any type of money actually dumped into your motor a 4 dollar oil filter should be the least of your worries.

How much power are you planning on putting out? I see in every post you make, you always in someway, shape or form reference your turbo honda you are building. Just wondering.

07BlackSS
01-30-2006, 03:43 PM
I have been on H-T since 2002 and have never heard of not changing your oil filter. I guess if you don't really care about your motor you don't need to change it but you have any type of money actually dumped into your motor a 4 dollar oil filter should be the least of your worries.

How much power are you planning on putting out? I see in every post you make, you always in someway, shape or form reference your turbo honda you are building. Just wondering.

I don't always reference it. When I first got the car, I was really planing a B18c1 swap so I really didn't care to much for the d16, not that I tried to blow it up for **** it up beyond belief but I really didnt take the best care of it.

Since I have been planning on turboing the d16, I have been buying **** for that and my turbo setup at the same time. Kinda hard to buy parts for your car when other things kinda take priority over it and you don't have that much to really spend on it. So slowly over the past 2-3 months I have been piecing one together with 50 dollars here and 75 dollars there. I really don't wanna get to big into my setup but I have put some money together for a head gasket, headstuds, some minor headwork and other things also.

Once I get the motor worked on and turboed I am definately going to change it every oil change, I just have seen info that it isn't necessary to change it every time especially if it is N/A and no aftermarket put into it....Maybe I am wrong, please correct me.

As for power, I plan on 225 at 10 psi.

Intercooled T
01-30-2006, 04:11 PM
you should ALWAYS replace the filter man...why the hell wouldn't you?

07BlackSS
01-30-2006, 04:18 PM
you should ALWAYS replace the filter man...why the hell wouldn't you?

Well now I know...I just heard otherwise in the past, but thanks for the info.

EM2Pa
01-30-2006, 05:19 PM
well i found the DIY, the only tricky part i think is filter which seems to be really high up from the looks of it and this oil filter wrench there talking about, got no clue...

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154961

one time i jacked up my car to put my body kit on and a brisk wind came by and wamppppp... car slides off the jack, yikes. stock jack lol. i did however get over that and ended up jacking the car up and changing the coilover settings and no problems that next time.

Gorilla Unit 33
01-30-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah thats why they made jack stands

DropTopChevy
01-30-2006, 06:55 PM
just dont' make my mistake...

lowering the car down from ramps while the catch-can is still under the car...tipped it over and my driveway looked like the exxon valdez
I had an exxon valdez experience before but i was pouring the oil into the bottle.

MuddyREX
01-31-2006, 01:00 AM
If you can swap coilovers, you can do an oil change.

accord_racer90
02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
shove it ass hole i at least know that you have to change it every time im jot that ****in retarded :rolleyes:

accord_racer90
02-01-2006, 12:58 AM
LMFAO :rotfl:
your *** go work on your wana be eveo with your cracked back

accord_racer90
02-01-2006, 12:59 AM
well that lazyness is gona end up messin up your engine not talkin crap but you need to change it every time

05Accent
02-01-2006, 01:26 AM
yea he should know.. he HAD a honda.. then dropped the tranny remember.. not to talk crap or anything.. :rotfl:

07BlackSS
02-01-2006, 03:11 AM
yea he should know.. he HAD a honda.. then dropped the tranny remember.. not to talk crap or anything.. :rotfl:

hahaha not to mention is "5 oil leaks" and thats why he didn't race a few people lol....but hes been trianing to be a mechanic for 5 years lol :rotfl:

accord_racer90
02-02-2006, 09:53 AM
this proves how dumb mexacans are i blew up the cv joint in my car not the trany and you doin nutral slams in your car arnt gona make your car lasat long even drivin it wont

accord_racer90
02-02-2006, 09:54 AM
hahaha not to mention is "5 oil leaks" and thats why he didn't race a few people lol....but hes been trianing to be a mechanic for 5 years lol :rotfl:
your the 1 who switches the oil filter every other time

05Accent
02-02-2006, 10:42 AM
this proves how dumb mexacans are i blew up the cv joint in my car not the trany and you doin nutral slams in your car arnt gona make your car lasat long even drivin it wont

first of all please learn to spell for the sake of other's, so they can acually read what in the hell your talkin about, secondly i have not once "neutral bombed" it in my new car.. so please get ur facts correct before u start making assumptions.

05Accent
02-02-2006, 10:42 AM
oh and and third im not mexican!! :finga:
dumbass!

teh DIRT
02-02-2006, 11:22 AM
i cant believe that a thread about changing oil can turn into a thread containing all of you bickering with eachother. grow up.
-pete