PDA

View Full Version : White bunny clutch engagement point adjustment

mo_hish
04-02-2010, 01:02 AM
1993 ka24de 240sx
Running an RB flywheel/350z clutch

Ok, so when I initially went with a bigger flywheel/clutch setup the engagement point on the clutch was at the wall so I had to adjust the pedal all the way up to get the engagement in the middle. Now I upgraded a step further with the rb flywheel, and the clutch engagement point is on the floor again, but I'm out of room to adjust the clutch pedal. It's so low that it doesnt disengage and I can't shift into any gear. Is there any other way to change the engagement point?

Vince@R/TTuning
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Make an adjustable slave cylinder push rod...

mo_hish
04-05-2010, 06:13 PM
That's kind of what I did. I fabbed up a spacer and fit it on top of the stock push rod. I like the idea of an adjustable one better though. I'm probably going to make one so that I can feel a bit more confident that it's not pushing up on the fork... I don't want to cause slippage.
Something like this should work (except a slave cylinder push rod obviously, not a wastegate rod):
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/Adj_wastegate.JPG

Vince@R/TTuning
04-06-2010, 01:30 PM
after you get the the adjustable rod all set up, place the master cylinder rod in the center of adjustment and then try and make most of you adjustment on the slave cylinder rod....that way you are not over/under extending the Master cyl rod...