PDA

View Full Version : avcr bad solenoid?

zerioustt
01-24-2006, 04:16 PM
my avcr isnt showing vacuum. all hoses are hooked up correctly and i dont have vac leaks. i also surge boost with the avcr in the a or b postion. but fine when its off. bad solenoid? anyother ideas? thanks fellas jason

also i have a brand new pressure sensor for it so i know its not that :cry:

2point4DSM
01-24-2006, 04:43 PM
The solenoid shouldn't have any thing to do with pressure readings. Where do you have your vacuum lines hooked up? I would try hooking up the vacuum line to another source first.

underpressure02
01-24-2006, 05:24 PM
My first AVCR I bought had a bad boost solenoid. My car would boost then drop off then boost again. If you look at my dyno graphs it would not hold boost steady. I sent it back and it was replaced with no issues. Has been working fine for the past two years.

2point4DSM
01-24-2006, 06:09 PM
To me it is starting to sound like there are quality control issues. I've also heard of quite a few people that have actually lifted their headgasket cause the avcr caused their turbo to overboost.

Maybe you should see if someone on here is willing to let you test your pressure sensors (new and old) just to make sure they work or not and then continue to trouble shoot after that.

US_R33
01-24-2006, 07:21 PM
fyi the A and B settings on the AVC-R are the exact same thing unless you change the settings that the factory puts into the unit

also, make sure that you have all of the f/b speed set to Xs as well as the gear settings set to * for all 5 gears, both of those parameters make trouble shooting more confusing

also be sure that you have the initial settings set up properly :wink:

my AVC-R works very well...no quality control issues on my end :thumbup:

where are you located btw???

Late,
Daniel

underpressure02
01-24-2006, 09:40 PM
If you are around the allentown area I can you can try mine. Since my car is all ripped apart getting the cage in.

zerioustt
01-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Big thanks guys. I tried a new boost solenoid. No go. I'm gonna rewire and do hoses tomorrow. I recently just swapped this motor in this shell. It was fine before the swap. So I'm thinking my dumba$$ messed something up. Big thanks to your offer for solenoid. I figure its something I did cause it doesn't read vacuum. And the psi is way off. Ill keep ya informed. Thanks for all the imput.

Jason

Silver04STi
01-27-2006, 04:02 AM
I talked to Zerious tonight. He got his boost issues resolved, turns out his boost controller was hooked up wrong. His car is an animal now. :devil:

zerioustt
01-27-2006, 08:12 PM
yes yes..all good nowl. i was being a noob. since the fix i raced the blue bike i beat turbo gtp on. we went from the same roll. and i put three cars on him pretty fast. then continued to pull to 130+

were gonna videotape a race tomorrow. so i have proof. even though kev can vouch for me. thanks again for the input on the problems with the bc.

jason

2point4DSM
01-27-2006, 10:17 PM
nize!

Have you guys come out to the meets at Fresh Works, in Richboro?

zerioustt
01-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Nah...I don't even know where that is. Haha. When, where(exactly) is it

2point4DSM
01-28-2006, 07:09 PM
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6053

This talks about the meets at Fresh Works.