PDA

View Full Version : loud stock exaust

accord_racer90
01-20-2006, 01:20 AM
k im gettin a new car not sayin what it is yet but its coming with the option form the dealer for a loude exaust its from the dealer comes stock on the car but it sounds like a beast can i get pulled over for that

04CROWNVIC
01-21-2006, 11:51 PM
This was posted in another thread http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter157/chap157toc.html

it explains alot as far as the legal amount of Dbs an exhaust can make.. However if you ever get a ticket and its the stock OEM exhaust with no MODs done to it you can fight and SHOULD win in court,,

Why wont you say what car it is???

accord_racer90
01-27-2006, 10:22 AM
its a trans am dident want people to know im gettin 1 but now a lot of people know so its out there now

undercover
01-27-2006, 07:14 PM
what state do you live in accord? IN NJ the law is 39:3-70 Loud, Defective or No Muffler

1. All motor vehicles having a combustion motor to be equipped with muffler.
2. Must prevent excessive or unusual noise and annoying smoke.

There is no decible meter in NJ, I am not sure about other states. This is a law that is up to the descresion of the officer. I am sure that if u explain that it was a dealer option it would help the situations, however, if u are reving ur engine and stuff like that dont be upset if u get slapped with a ticket.